Team-BHP - Price of New Brake Pads for OHC 1.5?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Price of New Brake Pads for OHC 1.5? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/10721-price-new-brake-pads-ohc-1-5-a.html)

please: any1 has an idea of the price for break pads for OHC .. at the company its 3500 for a paid..steep.. ne idea whats the price of aftermarket break pads?.. can u plz gimme brand name n price... i live in bandra(w) so nething close by will be nice..

~cheers
-Ash

Ajmat bought a set for the track day around 20 days back.
He must know exactly!!

why don't you call your local garage to see what's the price. Also, cheap doesn't necessary means good. Honda genuine parts should be more costlier then the local ones!

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
please: any1 has an idea of the price for break pads for OHC .. at the company its 3500 for a paid..steep.. ne idea whats the price of aftermarket break pads?.. can u plz gimme brand name n price... i live in bandra(w) so nething close by will be nice..

~cheers
-Ash

Why compromise on brake pads quality??? I would go for the company ones price notwithstanding!

U can always get OE ones in the market.

Dude,I got genuine OHC brake pads for 2.6k from Khan market,delhi.
And if you push your CT really hard,dont go in for the cheaper one's.

My car has done 99k,ive changed the brake pads thrice!

There could be better alternatives,but since i couldnt find any here in delhi,i opted for the honda one's.

P.S-if u have driven on worn out pads,get the brake discs scraped with sand paper!

It cost me Rs 3500 or so, if you get it cheaper be sure about what you are getting

k thnx guys for all ur inputs!..really appreciate it.. yes i have driven on worn out brake pads for quite some time..will get em scraped wid sand paper..

i found these pretty reasonable n i read somewhere on the forum that they arent bad at all... KBX for 1500 a pair.. i heard they are OE for many other companies like tata etc..

wish i cud get my hands on brembo :D but dont have $$ at the moment..

guys frm mumbai, can u suggest a good mech for my honda city? where do u guys service your cars?..

Quote:

n u guys frm mumbai, can u suggest a good mech for my honda city? where do u guys service your cars?..

Hey,

Give me a buzz. We undertake all kinds of repairs.modifications(no body) and accessories for 4 wheelers.

Viper

I got a new set of OE brakepads for my ikon.

They cost me just 850 bucks.

Honda consumables are quite expensive. ;)

got my ohc s for 1200 bucks including labour. but braking isn't the best, my struts are gone as well, maybe i could blame the bad braking to the worn out struts.

manson.

yes honda parts r pretty expensive!! :mad: i managed to pickup KBX breakpads for 1500.. ne idea whats the labour cost for fittin it??

like i mentioned in my other post :
btw my problem of the heat level rising @ idle still persisits.. i called up the honda guys n he said plz bring in your car for rerectification.. he said they must have not chkd it properly!!?? what kinda sevicing is that.. n the idiots have also connected my brakes to my headlights!! so everytime i break my headlights(dim) come on!! he also mentioned that it could be the problem of my radiator fan which could cost 10000 ... lol... that was a good joke.. n he did mention that my steering was heavy cuz my steering rack was leaking (power steering oil), n that ccannot be repaired but replaced for 30000 .. wow!! ur reply guys.. n 1 more thing plz dont ever give ur car to linkway honda @ goregaon (e), they didnt even clean the interiors of my car!, n they had misplaced my key n had to wait like about 1/2 n hr for them to find it.. sux.. :Frustrati

VIPER plz PM ur number..

~cheers
-Ash

Quote:

btw my problem of the heat level rising @ idle still persisits.. i called up the honda guys n he said plz bring in your car for rerectification.. he said they must have not chkd it properly!!?? what kinda sevicing is that.. n the idiots have also connected my brakes to my headlights!! so everytime i break my headlights(dim) come on!! he also mentioned that it could be the problem of my radiator fan which could cost 10000 ... lol... that was a good joke.. n he did mention that my steering was heavy cuz my steering rack was leaking (power steering oil), n that ccannot be repaired but replaced for 30000 .. wow!! ur reply guys.. n 1 more thing plz dont ever give ur car to linkway honda @ goregaon (e), they didnt even clean the interiors of my car!, n they had misplaced my key n had to wait like about 1/2 n hr for them to find it.. sux..
Is this a Honda Authorised Service centre. I pity for honda owners. :(

Quote:

VIPER plz PM ur number..

~cheers
-Ash

Hi,

Will call you in the morning. Have received your pm.

Viper

The brakepads costed me Rs. 3300, and i gues it includes the fitting also.