Team-BHP - Suzuki Baleno (Type-III/Euro-III) Oxygen Sensor Info
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Suzuki Baleno (Type-III/Euro-III) Oxygen Sensor Info (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/108318-suzuki-baleno-type-iii-euro-iii-oxygen-sensor-info.html)

Recently, I went ahead with a stage -I modification on my Baleno VXi (Euro-III/Type-III) vehicle. The free flow exhaust modification did not worked out at all and so finally I had decided to move back to stock. Since my oxygen sensor was removed during the FFE installation the threads were gone as the installer had a difficult time in opening the oxygen sensor.

I decided to replace the Oxygen Sensor and went to Bimal Auto Agency (Bannerghatta Road) which is very near to my house. I figured out that as per the Baleno Parts Manual the Oxygen Sensor Part Number is (18213-M-65G50) manufactured by Denso for Baleno Type-III vehicle. When I tried to order the part it was not available as the part was discontinued and as per the system it was suggesting to look for an alternative part. Now the system does not tell which is the alternative part which is best suited. So I was in a fix.

The service advisor gave me an oxygen sensor of Alto. The part number was completely different and costs around 2200 change. After putting the Alto Oxygen Sensor I went for a test drive. The CEL (Check Engine Lamp) was not coming on which was a good sign but I realized that the acceleration of my car has dropped and also if I cruse in 1st gear or 2nd gear removing my foot from the gas pedal the vehicle was giving jerks. The ride was not smooth.

Next we replaced the Alto Oxygen Sensor with a Swift Oxygen Sensor and again it had the same issue. Also I had noticed that the emission level increased specially the Hydrocarbon (HC) component.

Finally, Mr. Janardhana (Works Manager of Bimal Auto, Bannerghatta Road) got an alternative Oxygen Sensor with Part Number: 18213-M-65G51 which was very close to my vehicle's original part number.

This part number works very well. All the jerks disappeared. So if any Baleno Type-III/Euro-III owners need to change their oxygen sensor then you can go for Part Number: 18213-M-65G51 (MRP: 2366.00) since the Oxygen Sensor (Part Number: 18213-M-65G50) as per Parts Manual is not available. This is a MGA and not SGP. Also, my emission level came down considerably.

EMISSION TEST RESULTS WITH O2 SENSOR (18213-M-65G51)

------------------------------------------
PRES STD MEASURED LEVEL
CO 0.5 00.005
HC 750 00001
CO2 -- 00.00
O2
-- --.--

EMISSION TEST RESULTS WITH O2 SENSOR OF ALTO / SWIFT

PRES STD MEASURED LEVEL
CO 0.5 00.042
HC 750 00065
CO2 -- 00.20
O2
-- --.--

Both the tests were performed from the same Emission Center.

Hope this piece of information helps other Baleno TYpe-III owners in India.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

ofcourse there will be a difference. As baleno as such were Euro I or II and swift and alto are Euro III and IV.

PS: personally i am a petrol head and will not worry on such tiny winy figures. I stick to Jeremy Clarkson rule, nature has its own way to repair itself. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2518505)
ofcourse there will be a difference. As baleno as such were Euro I or II and swift and alto are Euro III and IV.

PS: personally i am a petrol head and will not worry on such tiny winy figures. I stick to Jeremy Clarkson rule, nature has its own way to repair itself. :)

The Baleno version which I own is a Euro III. Baleno basically has 3 types and they are Type-I, Type-II and Type-III. Also the problem was to get the actual part and since it was discontinued so it was hard to procure. I even called Denso India and Denso USA and they could not help me to find a right alternative part. I even tried to procure it through Air Flow Meters, Lambda Sensors & Other Cheap Japanese Car Parts and they also failed to suggest / find the O2 Sensor.

Normally, the MASS (Maruti Authorized Service Center) says that a Alto O2 Sensor is suitable.

When I used both Alto O2 Sensor or Swift O2 Sensor then I found the following issues:

1. Hesitation when you floor the gas pedal in 1st or 2nd gear.
2. Jerky rides.
3. AFR was rich and the new spark plugs were turning black.
4. Drop in Fuel Economy.
5. Increase in emission level. The hydrocarbon component was 65 times higher which was something to worry about because over a period of time the O2 sensor will become weak and the emission level will further increase. If the AFR is rich the catcon can meltdown which is a much costly affair.

Bimal will make it as a Case History and submit to Maruti. I thought of posting the information so that any Baleno Type-III/Euro-III Owners can be aware of this situation and look for the right alternate O2 Sensor. For Euro III/Type-III Baleno the Catcon is just after the exhaust manifold. In fact the header and Catcon is a single piece and cost around 27000 change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarbashishb (Post 2519476)
...Bimal will make it as a Case History and submit to Maruti. I thought of posting the information so that any Baleno Type-III/Euro-III Owners can be aware of this situation and look for the right alternate O2 Sensor. For Euro III/Type-III Baleno the Catcon is just after the exhaust manifold. In fact the header and Catcon is a single piece and cost around 27000 change.

Thanks for this, was really helpful. My BSIII Baleno had the CEL on for a while, got it immediately diagnosed when it first came on - the guys at Bimal (NH7 Yelahanka) said it was the O2 sensor. They promised to order it for me and get back to me but I never heard from them and I too got busy so left it for almost 6 months. Had my 70k service last month so went armed with the part number you mentioned. The service advisor assured me he would get the sensor the next day so I agreed to leave my car there - meanwhile they were servicing it anyway and I forgot to mention the part number to him. Surprisingly the same evening got a call saying car is ready and that the sensor would be delivered the same evening. By the time I got there it was already fitted. I was ready to go full guns blazing on them as I was expecting that they had fitted the Alto sensor or something, but was totally surprised when the part number matched exactly to the one you had provided. Felt a sense of relief, paid up and went home happy. I feel that the pickup has improved, mileage has also gone up significantly, although these things could be psychological - anyways am extrememly happy with how its running.

Guess your case history was approved and information passed on to all Maruti service centers, cheers mate.

hi, i just changed my baleno to FFE and pipercross Cone filter connected to the air intake. now the car feels jerkish and seems to suffocate while accelerating. the car is a 2006 Model.

Hi Regnex,
Are you still facing the same issue OR the problem got resolved. if you had solved the problem then let us know how you made it happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarbashishb (Post 2517839)

Finally, Mr. Janardhana (Works Manager of Bimal Auto, Bannerghatta Road) got an alternative Oxygen Sensor with Part Number: 18213-M-65G51 which was very close to my vehicle's original part number.

This part number works very well. All the jerks disappeared. So if any Baleno Type-III/Euro-III owners need to change their oxygen sensor then you can go for Part Number: 18213-M-65G51 (MRP: 2366.00) since the Oxygen Sensor (Part Number: 18213-M-65G50) as per Parts Manual is not available. This is a MGA and not SGP. Also, my emission level came down considerably.

Thanks for the information, sarbasishb. I have an Euro III Baleno too. This info could come in useful some time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarbashishb
Finally, Mr. Janardhana (Works Manager of Bimal Auto, Bannerghatta Road) got an alternative Oxygen Sensor with Part Number: 18213-M-65G51 which was very close to my vehicle's original part number. This is a MGA and not SGP. This part number works very well. All the jerks disappeared. Also, my emission level came down considerably. So if any Baleno Type-III/Euro-III owners need to change their oxygen sensor then you can go for this.

Thanks for this valuable info - as I am currently on the lookout for an O2 sensor for my 2005 BalenoLxi - tried an Alto sensor (like couple tbhp-ians fitted without issues) but could not use it due to wiring mismatch (it came with a single-wire connector, while the sensor in my car is a 4-wire type).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarbashishb
The Baleno version which I own is a Euro III. Baleno basically has 3 types and they are Type-I, Type-II and Type-III.

IIRC, mine is also a EuroIII model. What are the 3 types mentioned here ? How do I know what type my Baleno is ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 3755897)
Tried an Alto sensor (like couple tbhp-ians fitted without issues) but could not use it due to wiring mismatch (it came with a single-wire connector, while the sensor in my car is a 4-wire type).
IIRC, mine is also a EuroIII model.
What are the 3 types mentioned here ?
How do I know what type my Baleno is ?

Hi SupremeBaleno, the old Altos ( like my 2001 Alto ) use a 1-wire O2 sensor, I think these are the Type-Is.
Later Altos & other Maruthi models came with 3-wire O2 sensors, these are the Type-IIs & are heated.
The Type-IIIs are 4-wire heated O2 sensors like in your Baleno.

If you live close to Kilpauk, Purasaiwakam, Aynavaram, etc. you can check out this MGP outlet on Medavakkam Tank Road.

They should be able to help you out with the replacement part number for the O2 sensor used in your Baleno.
They're open on Week-days & Saturdays till 06:00 or 06:30 PM.
It might help if you have your Baleno's VIN with you in case different types of O2 sensors have been used across different model years for the Baleno.

Recently i got the oxygen sensor in my Esteem replaced. Just wanted to post some info for the benefit of other members.

My esteem had the Check Engine Light (CEL) glowing since the past 1 year. This used come intermittently and was more frequent when the vehicle was parked in the sun.
I took it to the MASS in Mysore where the connected the OBD and found the error code as O2 sensor issue. Since they did not have the part they said they would place the order and inform me when ready. But nothing happened after that.
Since this is my second vehicle, it was not in much use and hence i had not followed up.
This month got some time and finance and decided to get the Esteem preped. So went to MASS again and this time got the part number myself. The part number is 18213M63E81. Placed an order at Essarr Automotives, Hosur road, Bangalore. Got it after 15 days. The cost was Rs 2300/-.
Then replaced the oxygen sensor at a FNG for 50 bucks and viola..!!! CEL went off ever since. Even parking in bright sunlight also did not light it up.
The vehicle is doing good now. The sluggishness has reduced, but i can't attribute this to Oxygen sensor alone as i got the Engine oil, gear oil, spark plugs changed and clutch re-adjusted.

So anyone facing the same issue can get the Oxygen sensor with the above part number and get it installed locally.

Mods: If you think this can be put as a new thread, please do the same, if not kindly rename the thread name to "Re: Maruti Suzuki Baleno/Esteem (Type-III/Euro-III) Oxygen Sensor Info"

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini
The Type-IIIs are 4-wire heated O2 sensors like in your Baleno.

A few weeks ago, my mechanic was able to source an Alto O2 sensor (4-wire) and which I got fitted in my Baleno. The CEL is gone since then. Thanks for the details about the various types.

There is nothing really noticeable after fixing the O2 sensor - other than the pleasure of not seeing the CEL anymore. Possibly the FE should increase, though I am not sure how much of the increase would be offset by my going for 185 section tyres (was 165 earlier). Anyway happy that the CEL is gone.

I have recently acquired a Baleno (2001 Model). C E L comes up now and then during running and there is a power loss/complete stalling of the engine in stop, go traffic. Took the car to Sai Service and they were unable to help me. What would have caused this problem?