Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:09   #16
BHPian

Re: India's first New Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days

I had come across this car issue on Facebook and was following it for a while until there were no updates from Mr. Ashwani Kumar. It is unfortunate that something like this should happen to a new vehicle. My sincere condolences to Mr. Kumar.

I remember this guy had no problems with his car till he had crossed 1K km. The car even completed the first service with an engine oil change. The stalling problems started thereafter if I recall correctly from the Facebook posts. So I wonder if something went wrong during the first service.

This guy had also carried out some modifications - installed a sub-woofer and changed the OEM music system if I remember correctly. Now, would this have anything to do with the stalling issue? Is it possible that some critical electrical connections were disturbed resulting in ECU overload? I am no expert, so all I am doing is purely speculating.

Will keep watching out for this thread until a resolution of the issue is achieved. I have booked a ZDi too and this news is hardly comforting.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:55   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Harish,

It's unfortunate that your friend had to go through this turmoil. Equally, it's rare for a brand new Maruti to be giving such problems.

Please provide complete details on the case so far. Opening a thread with 1/2 the complete story is unfair to the community. I would need you to post the entire story by tomorrow morning. Else, this thread will be closed until further updates are provided by you / your friend.

Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Harish,

It's unfortunate that your friend had to go through this turmoil. Equally, it's rare for a brand new Maruti to be giving such problems.

Please provide complete details on the case so far. Opening a thread with 1/2 the complete story is unfair to the community. I would need you to post the entire story by tomorrow morning. Else, this thread will be closed until further updates are provided by you / your friend.

Thanks
Hi GTO - I'll keep that in my mind and post accordingly. I understand the importance of what you're saying.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: India's first New Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post

In the larger picture - I'd say - to all fellow Bhpians - refrain from buying Swifts for atleast a month till all the lemons are taken care of or sold
With the kind of waiting period being quoted by the Maruti dealers,i don't think it will be possible to buy a Swift in the next one month.

On a serious note,sorry to read about the ordeal faced by your friend. Do update more details about the issue soon.

Also since it has been said that the car was running fine till the 1st service at 1000kms,it seems the service brought about the problem. I guess a detail inspection into the 1st service and the modifications thereafter may reveal something.
Old 4th October 2011, 06:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Attached are 2 email snapshots

My friend has provided with this information so far to prove who's at fault and has also requested that the MODS give us 48 hours as MSIL would be responding in that time with a resolution.

Email 1 - My friend was stranded on the road with an infant all of 6 months and another kid with a stalled ZDI.

Email 2 - Screen shot of his grievance to Maruti

@ Fuel addict -

OEM system was not bypassed , the bass tube was of approved VENDOR JBL , which comes under MGA , no wiring was cut , the connection was taken by the existing speaker wire only , latest is that the car went to their Gurgaon factory on 26 sept , till Saturday EVEN AFTER DISCONNECTING the music system the some senior most engineer ordered a road test of 100 kilometer in which the car failed and stalled again , TODAY they are working on the fuel system ,the fault remains undiagnosed till date , further details are awaited from msil and will be updated soon ,

It had nothing to do with system

*** Would request the interested BHPians to please open the word files for the email screen shots ***
Attached Files
File Type: docx Maruti emails.docx (316.0 KB, 2232 views)
harishnayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Attached are 2 email snapshots
Hey buddy,

I read the email in the word file, no offense but that is no way to talk to the customer care.

Your friend wrote that he wants to commit suicide??

I mean I agree that your problems are not being sorted out, But why sent such an email?

Eagerly awaiting rest of the updates.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
He must have definitely not meant by that. its I guess one of the means to get his point across. Although he used it too early, but it had its results isnt it?

Harish,
What checks have been done by MASS till date, have they been able to identify where the problem lies?
Old 4th October 2011, 13:07   #23
BHPian

Harish, how does the car behaves while it stalls...? any noise/sound during that moment or during running condition...? any jerks or any kind of feeling on steering/throttle/clutch? or it just turns off at sudden and get stalled.
Old 4th October 2011, 13:26   #24
Team-BHP Support

As I understand from the above email thread-

1. Vehicle are been driven without issues for over 2000kms.
2. It stalled on 18th september 2011, and had to be towed to Vipul Motors, Faridabad.

3. Vipul Motors tried to start the car. Finally it started and they handed over the car back to your friend. No investigation done further on what caused the issue.
4. It again stalled (2nd time) in the evening of sep 18th. (Obviously, as the issue was not checked properly by Vipul Motors in the first place).

5. It stalled again on 25 sep 2011.

I have also booked a Swift ZDi, hence deeply concerned to know what has went wrong here-

1. As mentioned in the above comment, could you ask your friend how does the car behave while it stalls?
2. What is the response when he tried to start the car again?
3. The second time the car stalled in the evening - What all checks were carried out by Vipul Motors? And when was the car returned?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th October 2011 at 13:28.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:58   #25
BHPian

IMHO we sincerely need to put a stop to speculations spurting out from this thread. Maruti has been a trusted brand since many years & a lot of us have lived by it. I agree that this is a really bad situation for anyone to be in but, we need some concrete proof of what went wrong in the car. The emails state the users side - which i believe but, will only know for sure when the service center responds with their views. Has the company provided a backup vehicle considering the situation at hand. I know sai service in mumbai offers that service, you can ask them for it.
Old 4th October 2011, 15:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

there is a problem in the car, which basically leaves the user stranded.
That it is a problem, is evident from the fact that the car is not doing what it should.

Had it been that MSIL had said, "this part/practice is causing this problem.you need to change this." and the owner had refused, then its the guy's fault.

Till the time MSIL cant rectify, or offer a solution, its more or less maruti's fault.
If you cant diagnose your own product, then.....
Old 4th October 2011, 17:38   #27
BHPian

Just as GTO and others stated, its unfair to comment on speculations. I'm sure that MSIL would be all the more concerned about the quality issues at their plant and wouldn't sabotage their image !
So may be we can just wait and watch.
Old 4th October 2011, 18:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Although he used it too early, but it had its results isnt it?
What is wrong with you buddy!! Used it too early??

You are supporting that?

And the problem still persists so what message did he get across?

Anyways hoping this issue gets rectified at the earliest..
Old 4th October 2011, 22:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
With the kind of waiting period being quoted by the Maruti dealers,i don't think it will be possible to buy a Swift in the next one month.

On a serious note,sorry to read about the ordeal faced by your friend. Do update more details about the issue soon.

Also since it has been said that the car was running fine till the 1st service at 1000kms,it seems the service brought about the problem. I guess a detail inspection into the 1st service and the modifications thereafter may reveal something.
The car performed superb for 2500 kilometeres , the feedback from my friend is that it’s a superb car , its a machine after all , don’t loose trust and hopes in MSIL , it’s a superb car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Hey buddy,

I read the email in the word file, no offense but that is no way to talk to the customer care.

I mean I agree that your problems are not being sorted out, But why sent such an email?

Eagerly awaiting rest of the updates.
this was an instant kneejerk reaction mail sent from blackberry to the person handling the case , since my friend was stuck in noida , some 30 km from his home , with family , in dust , this was THIRD stalling after he was assured that the problem has been sorted out .
Cars ECU was changed on the directions and orders of the MSIl team that visited vipul motors Faridabad , initially they kept the car for 4 days , team from MSIL found our some codes arising from the cars computer after they inspected the same with ECU testing lcd gadget and finally replaced the ECU from their DEMO ZDI .
Imagine the plight of my friend who has eagerly awaited for six months , paid seven lacs cash and the piece comes out faulty . imagine the trauma .

[quote=rahulgoel;2531768]Harish, how does the car behaves while it stalls...? any noise/sound during that moment or during running condition...? any jerks or any kind of feeling on steering/throttle/clutch? or it just turns off at sudden and get stalled.

the car stalls without any notice to the driver , no lights come in the panel , no noise , no adverse sound .

Last edited by Eddy : 6th October 2011 at 11:45. Reason: Pls do not type in bold.
Old 6th October 2011, 10:48   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak
Cars ECU was changed on the directions and orders of the MSIl team that visited vipul motors Faridabad , initially they kept the car for 4 days , team from MSIL found our some codes arising from the cars computer after they inspected the same with ECU testing lcd gadget and finally replaced the ECU from their DEMO ZDI .
Imagine the plight of my friend who has eagerly awaited for six months , paid seven lacs cash and the piece comes out faulty . imagine the trauma .
Any updates on the car? Did your friend get the car back?

Most Viewed