Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2011, 21:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Any updates on the car? Did your friend get the car back?
The car is still at MSIL and it's already been over 10 days now with no major breakthrough. He's a strong believer in Maruti's love for it's customers and is still hoping that they would be fair to him.

Currently we're waiting and wathching.
Old 8th October 2011, 10:52   #32
BHPian

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Currently we're waiting and wathching.
Till then could you post some major communications and if possible previous bills when the car was returned to you saying that everything is fine.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:40   #33
BHPian

Sorry for OT but I got a Ritz VXI recently, Sep 20 manufactured.
I just hope this sabotaging thing is a rumour.
I can't afford to have something unwanted happen on middle of road with my Ritz.

Very unfortunate for the owner.
Old 8th October 2011, 20:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Sorry for OT but I got a Ritz VXI recently, Sep 20 manufactured.
I just hope this sabotaging thing is a rumour.
I can't afford to have something unwanted happen on middle of road with my Ritz.

Very unfortunate for the owner.

Not sure if the Ritz & the Swift / Swift Dezire at made at the same plant.

The go slow at the Manesar plant & the labour unrest has been in the news atleast in Delhi / NCR.

Apparently there has been another strike yesterday at Manesar plant.

This is almost the first in 20 odd years of Maruti being in production. Hope it gets resolved, sooner than later.
Old 8th October 2011, 21:06   #35
BHPian

Re: India's first New Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days

Quote:

I'm starting this thread on behalf of my friend Ashwani Kumar from Faridabad who got the delivery of India's first New Swift ZDI and his car has already stalled thrice after many attempts from the showroom and the Maruti engineers working on it.
From which dealer in Faridabad has your friend bought Swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Where is he filling diesel from , there has been mass reporting of bad diesel in faridabad .Many car injectors had their diesel injectors damaged due to bad diesel of faridabad . Only good diesel we can get is from Thomson press petrol pump.
I agree Safari Beast, most of the petrol pumps in Faridabad are selling Bad diesel. Thompson Press Pump and HP pump Mathura Road (Next to Hanuman Mandir) can be trusted.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

My view is that the Government should step in to take very strict measures to ensure quality of fuel available in our country.

When they spare no chance to increase prices of fuel, they should also ensure that the fuel quality is perfect.

I thought this was relevant to this thread.
Old 10th October 2011, 00:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I'm starting this thread on behalf of my friend Ashwani Kumar from Faridabad who got the delivery of India's first New Swift ZDI and his car has already stalled thrice after many attempts from the showroom and the Maruti engineers working on it.
That's really a bad incident.
5 years back, it happened with our brand new Alto LXi also. Her engine tends to stall while driving at a Speed 2-3 times.
Even shown the same to MS-ASC 2-3 times, but they didin't revealed any fault.
But later on, when It happened on a Multi-Speed brakers within the City limits, then Dad stopped the car there & called MOS at nearest MS-ASC.
Meanwhile, a Local roadside mechanic used his smart brain & tried his hand in a very Simpler way. He diagnosed the 2 things;
-Electric current from Distributor Coil(as the car is a Petrol one).
-Checked the Fuel Supply line.
Suprisingly, he found the Ist one correct & IInd one wrong i.e. The engine was not getting the Fuel supply at that moment & Immediately he diagnosed that her Electronic Fuel Pump(located at the fuel tank) isn't working.
Dad immediately said, "How this can happen in a Brand New Car" !
Then within few minutes the MOS guys arrived with their Technician & he insisted to tow the car to nearest MS-ASC.
But Dad said, "No" & asked them to check at the same spot.
Again, same series of Diagnostic steps happened & revealed the same trouble i.e. Fuel Pump failure & they started describing Towing, expenses, etc
Meanwhile, Dad tried to mess with the Connecting coupler of the Electronic Fuel Pump, which is located under the Rear Seat & Immediately it created l'll noise.
Dad cranked the car & immediately she started.

The Real Culprit came out to be the loose joint(1 out of 6) in the Connecting coupler of the Fuel Pump which is located below the Rear Seat Bench.
Whenever that seat gets the jerk/shock/gets displaced, the joint gets displaced & the car stalls.
Then they corrected the coupler & problem corrected.

In short, the theme behind writing this story is that even that much sort of minor imperfections can lead to bigger troubles. So, than messing with the complex components(like ECU, etc) check out the minor ones also.
About which even the MS-ASC guys were also not much aware of.
It might lead to some better solution to the trouble.
CRtorquefan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 08:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Can you ask your friend to confirm if the stalls were happening while pressing the clutch to change gears. Many Figo TDCi owners including me are facing this problem with no clue till now. Just wanted to confirm if the infection has spread. In that case it could surely be a Fuel problem.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
As I understand from the above email thread-

1. Vehicle are been driven without issues for over 2000kms.
2. It stalled on 18th september 2011, and had to be towed to Vipul Motors, Faridabad.

3. Vipul Motors tried to start the car. Finally it started and they handed over the car back to your friend. No investigation done further on what caused the issue.
4. It again stalled (2nd time) in the evening of sep 18th. (Obviously, as the issue was not checked properly by Vipul Motors in the first place).

5. It stalled again on 25 sep 2011.

I have also booked a Swift ZDi, hence deeply concerned to know what has went wrong here-

1. As mentioned in the above comment, could you ask your friend how does the car behave while it stalls?
2. What is the response when he tried to start the car again?
3. The second time the car stalled in the evening - What all checks were carried out by Vipul Motors? And when was the car returned?
@crazy driver once it stalls , the engine doesn’t starts at all , has to be TOWED away . the car was returned on the fourth day evening after assuring my friend ,Mr Pankaj khera from maruti , after co ordinating from the gurgaon factory engineers changed the ECU of the vehicle . even afte ecu change on the third stalling incident the second ecu was showing the same codes .
The car is still with Gurgaon factory , however till today no positive development has been communicated to my friend .
He is an ardent Maruti fan and is still looking fwd to an early redressal to the issue .
Though I have the full mail forwarded to me but for now he is not going ahead to publish all the documents and the communications with MSIL team as it contains email ids of the top management etc . Although in any case he will not be accepting the same car back since its in the msil custody since exactly last Tuesday ie 27th September 2011 because he and for that matter none of us will accept a guinea pig back as its not a prototype, it’s a production model and hard earned money has been paid to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
IMHO we sincerely need to put a stop to speculations spurting out from this thread. Maruti has been a trusted brand since many years & a lot of us have lived by it. I agree that this is a really bad situation for anyone to be in but, we need some concrete proof of what went wrong in the car. The emails state the users side - which i believe but, will only know for sure when the service center responds with their views. Has the company provided a backup vehicle considering the situation at hand. I know sai service in mumbai offers that service, you can ask them for it.
@ 90 BHp , The company hasn’t responded to the detailed email sent ,however a replacement vehicle an old model swift vdi , former demo car has been provided to my friend as a saving grace from the dealership . As an when MSIL updates my friends regarding the diagnoses and I am given a feedback from my friend I will update you all . for any direct questions he can be reached at ashwanniindia@yahoo.com .
Old 10th October 2011, 14:47   #40
BHPian

hi harish
i feel sorry for your friend. It really is painful to listen to what has happened to a brand new swift.
anyway, i've had a similar ( well almost ) stalling problem in an LCV ( eicher 10.90 BS iii r&d test vehicle ). after hard diagnosing, we came up with the following
1. water in the water separator
2. faulty starter motor and loose connection in the starter motor leads.
3. one cell completely damaged in the brand new battery.
we got all these checked and replaced and lo behold, the stalling problem vanished into thin air.
well, i know that both the vehicles are from a different breed, but still all the mechanicals are identical.
just ask your friend to try a shot at those points, you might end up solving the mysterious issue
cheers
WC
Old 10th October 2011, 15:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
@90 BHp , The company hasn’t responded to the detailed email sent ,however a replacement vehicle an old model swift vdi , former demo car has been provided to my friend as a saving grace from the dealership . As an when MSIL updates my friends regarding the diagnoses and I am given a feedback from my friend I will update you all . for any direct questions he can be reached at ashwanniindia@yahoo.com .
Thanks for taking my comments in the right spirit, i sincerely hope Ashwani gets his car back with a positive response from MSIL. Will eagerly await your updates.
Old 11th October 2011, 01:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Though I have the full mail forwarded to me but for now he is not going ahead to publish all the documents and the communications with MSIL team as it contains email ids of the top management etc .
Please publish all the details ASAP, You could blank out all the names and we could at least get an idea of what is going on!

What is the point in following this thread if we do not get updated.

Please take this message in a positive sense and post the details.
Old 15th October 2011, 22:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys!! was going thru' the swift owners fan page on FB.... looks like maruti has promised a replacement to Mr. Ashwani Kumar

Name:  msil.png
Views: 3746
Size:  9.2 KB
Old 15th October 2011, 22:42   #44
BHPian

Looks like a Happy Ending to this thread!! If only harishnayak can confirm the same.
Old 26th October 2011, 08:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Hey guys!! was going thru' the swift owners fan page on FB.... looks like maruti has promised a replacement to Mr. Ashwani Kumar
Wow! That's a nice gesture by MSIL.

+1, manjot1912

It will be great if 'harishnayak' could update this thread on what happened and what was wrong with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks