Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 09:00   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Hey guys!! was going thru' the swift owners fan page on FB.... looks like maruti has promised a replacement to Mr. Ashwani Kumar

Attachment 827557
Replaced because it stalled thrice? Wow! That is indeed a nice jesture from MSIL considering the various horror stories and legal suites people have to go through to get the car replaced! As I'm waiting for my swift to be delivered, its a big relief to see a happy ending to this thread.

Shows why people are still willing to wait 6-8 months for their cars.

BUT -

If anyone from MSIL is watching this space - the same attitude should be shown to this issue as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ake-issue.html

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th October 2011 at 09:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 16:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !

MSIL has replaced his car with a new Swift ZDi. Facebook Group Link here:

Kudos to Maruti for handling the episode well and being honest enough to accept that the vehicle had a genuine problem, unlike companies like Hyundai & Skoda!!! Are you reading this Hyundai? Learn from MSIL!!!! No wonder they are ruling the roost in India.
Old 10th November 2011, 22:33   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
MSIL has replaced his car with a new Swift ZDi. Facebook Group Link here:

Kudos to Maruti for handling the episode well and being honest enough to accept that the vehicle had a genuine problem, unlike companies like Hyundai & Skoda!!! Are you reading this Hyundai? Learn from MSIL!!!! No wonder they are ruling the roost in India.
This is really a nice gesture by Maruti!!! Way to go!!! This explains why Maruti is the market leader.

I think the title of this thread should be updated with this happy ending information.
Old 20th November 2011, 21:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys - First of all i would like to apologise for not updating the thread although most of you already know the update by now. Here are few things that i would like to highlight

1. it wasnt easy , showroom people did practically nothing , never even assured ,
2. Strong mails (3) to Mr S Nakanishi , Mr Mayan pareek worked well , they sent a team to the dealership to meet Ashwani .

3. there were two rounds of negotiations , they said that installing of speakers has brought down the vehicle which he didnt accept , he just talked abt sabotage and strikes ,

4. They also said that they have rectified the vehicle and test drove the same for around 500 km , this further strengthed his doubts that there was some problem in the car .

5. offered from extended warranty to some compensation for the trauma but he dint budge as he had lost trust in that vehicle and was bent upon the replacement .

6. Finally msil agreed to replace , asked the dealer to buy back this car under truevalue from him at XYZ price , give him a replacement and the defecit MSIL had to pay to the dealer .

7 . Then he asked for glistrine grey and they gave him the same , MSIL was kind enough that from day one till the delivery of the replaced car he was provided with a standby car , earlier there was a swift diesel vdi old model , then they gave him a red zen vxi petrol .

but his/my take is that MSIL really walks a mile further to ensure that the customer is happy .

Here are few before and after pics
Attached Thumbnails
New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-stalled.jpg  

New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-stalled-medium.jpg  

New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-victory-medium.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2011 at 12:29. Reason: There is no need to type the full post in BOLD. It results in an eyesore for the rest of us. Thanks
harishnayak is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 08:44   #50
BHPian

This is certainly unbelievable and I think MSIL should be given a thumbs up for that. No wonder why MSIL is best when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Other companies should learn from this, if they want to keep their customers happy.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable.
That is the only word.
I still find it difficult to believe. Is your friend a normal guy or some well connected fellow?

Still congrats to him and also to Maruti. We love happy endings.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:32   #52
BHPian

With so many things going against Maruti at the moment, the company obviously didn't want to lose respect from the general public.
That was seriously a wonderful and honest effort from Maruti. This ensured that people will have their faith on this company intact.

Way to go Maruti.
Congratulation to the car owner.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the the largest car maker in India going the extra mile in ensuring the customer isn't shortchanged. I'll bet this is a precedent that has been set and this case will be used to arm twist other car makers to fall in line and deliver. Other's better watch out.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th December 2011 at 12:30.
Old 9th December 2011, 13:03   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Finally msil agreed to replace , asked the dealer to buy back this car under truevalue from him at XYZ price , give him a replacement and the defecit MSIL had to pay to the dealer .
Congratulations to your friend, Harish! I guess all's well that ends well. Your friend's persistence & preparation paid off, and Maruti too appears to have acted swiftly in this case. I do recollect several cases of a similar nature which have dragged on in court for years at end.

Did your friend have to pay anything at all? Any difference? Taxes? Insurance?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 15:56   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced

Quote:
asked the dealer to buy back this car under truevalue from him at XYZ price
So finally the dealer bought the car through True value, i really hope he does not sell it to some unsuspecting customer.
Old 9th December 2011, 16:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced

That is one happy story of a car getting replaced. I just wish every manufacturer sticks to this sort of discipline. Not replacement in every case, but at-least a fair diagnosis of the problem, and a fair compensation to the wronged customer.

This was a nice gesture on Maruti's part. But were they able to diagnose 100% what was the fault in the earlier car?
Old 10th December 2011, 22:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations to your friend, Harish! I guess all's well that ends well. Your friend's persistence & preparation paid off, and Maruti too appears to have acted swiftly in this case. I do recollect several cases of a similar nature which have dragged on in court for years at end.

Did your friend have to pay anything at all? Any difference? Taxes? Insurance?
GTO , My friend was adamant that he will not pay anything and nothing except a car swap , Though some money , extended warranty refund and some freebies like lifetime service were offered to him but he dint budge ,

this case was a more of an ego case for him as he was dealing with the ceo , md , chairman of MSIL , If you want I can forward you the entire communiqué to you , I cant post the same as it has highly sensitive email ids of the people , the mails were a class apart , I am sure msil management must have lost the sleep .

my friend Ashwani dint sleep for days , he was in trauma too but he made sure msil is equally traumatized , they cant do this to us that easily , as the legal owner of the car he demanded hourly logs of the test carried and explaination of the 500 plus kilometers testing done on his car , Also when he asked MSIL to document everything they didn’t as even till date the fault is a mystery , they only maintained they have rectified the same .

When the car was sent back the odo reading was 500 plus when compared to the one when the car stalled , all they said that the car stalled because of the J B L speakers and amplifier that was installed in the car .

Ashwani asked for a glisterine grey color as he was suspecting that msil might change the chassis number or engine number of the same car and give us back the same lemon [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT][/FONT] .

He further sent a big hug to all the people who commented and for the all the wishes and all the support he has got from us here at T bhp , he also told me he would have updated the thread too if he wasn’t denied a tbhp membership haha . Please approve this time

On 8th dec he also signed a settlement letter with msil , which I am pasting here .
Attached Thumbnails
New Maruti Swift ZDI stalled thrice within 30 days! UPDATE on pg 4: Car Replaced !-ass.png  

harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 23:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car is still at MSIL and it's already been over 10 days now with no major breakthrough. He's a strong believer in Maruti's love for it's customers and is still hoping that they would be fair to him.

Currently we're waiting and wathching.
His wait and watch was very fruitful indeed. How many of us bash the company for as little as a rubber hose !!

Quote:
6. Finally msil agreed to replace , asked the dealer to buy back this car under truevalue from him at XYZ price , give him a replacement and the defecit MSIL had to pay to the dealer .
This is scary though, I am a firm believer that you should never buy an used car from these "you trust, i trust' showroom fellows, this has only furthered my belief, thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
So finally the dealer bought the car through True value, i really hope he does not sell it to some unsuspecting customer.
As stated above. He will, what else is he going to do with it ?

Quote:
GTO , My friend was adamant that he will not pay anything and nothing except a car swap , Though some money , extended warranty refund and some freebies like lifetime service were offered to him but he dint budge ,

my friend Ashwani dint sleep for days , he was in trauma too but he made sure msil is equally traumatized , they cant do this to us that easily , as the legal owner of the car he demanded hourly logs of the test carried and explaination of the 500 plus kilometers testing done on his car , Also when he asked MSIL to document everything they didn’t as even till date the fault is a mystery , they only maintained they have rectified the same .

When the car was sent back the odo reading was 500 plus when compared to the one when the car stalled , all they said that the car stalled because of the J B L speakers and amplifier that was installed in the car .

Ashwani asked for a glisterine grey color as he was suspecting that msil might change the chassis number or engine number of the same car and give us back the same lemon [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT][/FONT] .

He further sent a big hug to all the people who commented and for the all the wishes and all the support he has got from us here at T bhp , he also told me he would have updated the thread too if he wasn’t denied a tbhp membership haha . Please approve this time

On 8th dec he also signed a settlement letter with msil , which I am pasting here .

We want Ashwani here, in fact we need more people like him here to show the others it is possible. I think this is the first instance of a car being replaced. WOW !!!!!

Finally, GREAT JOB MARUTI, you have grown much higher in stature among us true car lovers, please get the 1.6L in the Swift.
Old 11th December 2011, 00:44   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The car has been sold to some dealer in Punjab , The car has been rectified and is fully roadworthy is what i got to know.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 13:13   #60
Senior - BHPian

My friend Ashwani would like to thank Teambhp & all it's members who supported him in making this possible. I'm sure this thread would have given nightmares to MSIL.

Thanks once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks