Senior - BHPian

I have already posted topic about it
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ht=cold+engine
Old 20th February 2011, 14:09   #17
BHPian

re: Car jerking while accelerating

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bumping into an old thread.

I had a 400km highway drive to and fro between Bangalore and Ananthpur.
When on the way to Ananthpur my 2005 Ikon 1.3 started to jerk during acceleration. The same routine was repeated during the entire trip.
The jerking would happen between 30kms and 80kms speed. Post 80kms the jerking would disappear.
Another observation made was that the overall mileage was less. There was a consumption of around 30 litres for about 420kms giving an overall mileage of 14kms per litre. I was maintaining a constant speed of 120kmph on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway whereas I am able to get a mileage of between 16 to 19 when driving sedately between 80-100 kmph on the highway during other long drives.

Note:
1) I filled up the fuel at the regular petrol pump I fill every time I go on a long drive and never felt this issue before. So, not sure if it due to fuel quality.
2) My brother had the vehicle washed and the boys at the service center had washed the engine bay as well.

Awaiting advice.
Old 20th February 2011, 22:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

I had a similar problem with my 2004 Ikon and initially I felt it was due to bad fuel. But as the problem persisted long enough even after changing fuel pumps I took my car to to Bhavna ford. They diagnosed the problem to a faulty ignition coil which was replaced and the car was fine after that.
Old 24th February 2011, 22:40   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
Hi Guys,

Ikon 1.3 started to jerk during acceleration. The jerking would happen between 30kms and 80kms speed. Post 80kms the jerking would disappear.
Another observation made was that the overall mileage was less.
Got the ignition coil changed. Works fine now
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2256911
Old 6th June 2016, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Yesterday when i took out my car, there were huge jerking during acceleration. This jerking issue is present for the whole of acceleration(low and high speed). I filled up petrol at a pump near my home at 10.30 pm the previous day and had left the car outside in the rain that night. May be something went wrong due to this?

Also are there any good workshops near HSR where i show this issue?

Thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 6th June 2016 at 14:57.
Old 6th June 2016, 15:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi Guys,
Yesterday when i took out my car, there were huge jerking during acceleration. This jerking issue is present for the whole of acceleration(low and high speed). I filled up petrol at a pump near my home at 10.30 pm the previous day and had left the car outside in the rain that night. May be something went wrong due to this?
Something wrong with the fuel pump is definitely possible, The same had happened with my cedia sports, Lot of jerking while acceleration no matter in what speed and gear the car was, Faulty part being the fuel pump.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:54   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Something wrong with the fuel pump is definitely possible, The same had happened with my cedia sports, Lot of jerking while acceleration no matter in what speed and gear the car was, Faulty part being the fuel pump.
Thanks. So how did they rectify this issue?
Old 6th June 2016, 15:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Thanks. So how did they rectify this issue?

I had given it to a local garage, Even though i had an option to repair it, I opted for replacing the fuel pump itself, Just for an extra peace of mind.
Old 21st May 2017, 19:09   #24
BHPian

Hello all,
I'm digging up this old thread, but I've been facing this issue lately with my Honda Jazz. It's a Dec 2011 model and done around 50k kms. My first guess was it's a spark plug issue, but while servicing the advisor claims that the plugs don't need replacement till at least 1 lac kms on the odo - I checked the service schedule and it too says spark plug replacement after 80k kms.
The service advisor advised a replacement of fuel filter and cleaning fuel tank, but I have put that to next service.
Any ideas what the issue might be.

Last edited by freak1201 : 21st May 2017 at 19:12.
Old 21st May 2017, 19:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post

Faced similar issue in my car. Car used to judder when accelerated hard after downshifting. Eg going at 3rd, slowed down, down shifted to 2nd and accelerated hard.

Issue was finally diagnosed as flywheel issue and it was changed under warranty. Initially spark plugs were changed, then thought the injectors were at fault, but finally diagnosed as flywheel issue.
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Faced similar issue in my car. Car used to judder when accelerated hard after downshifting. Eg going at 3rd, slowed down, down shifted to 2nd and accelerated hard.

Issue was finally diagnosed as flywheel issue and it was changed under warranty. Initially spark plugs were changed, then thought the injectors were at fault, but finally diagnosed as flywheel issue.
Thanks blackwasp. There's no issue I'm facing during downshifting or even while gaining speed in 2nd / 3rd. Its only in the 1st gear and during initial pickup
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:45   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks blackwasp. There's no issue I'm facing during downshifting or even while gaining speed in 2nd / 3rd. Its only in the 1st gear and during initial pickup
Can you check the ignition coils in your car.

I am suspecting one of them could have failed or is on the dying state.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:04   #28
BHPian

I have a diesel figo and just after 60k service I noticed that the car jerks a bit of I blip the throttle or release the throttle suddenly. It happens in any gear and speed. If the accelerator is pressed gradually and released in same manner, the drive is just fine and normal.

Just after taking the delivery, when I experienced this behaviour, I thought that it might be due to raised pick up resulting from air filter and oil change. But later I realised that it was abnormal. The service center is 100kms away and I can't drive there so soon. During the service, the oil and air filter was changed along with the gear cable bush and left hand side shock absorber. Everything happened in front of my eyes.

What could be wrong here? Is it happening due to ageing clutch or change in gear shifter bush/shock absorber? The car is 60k Kms run.
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
I'm digging up this old thread, but I've been facing this issue lately with my Honda Jazz. It's a Dec 2011 model and done around 50k kms. My first guess was it's a spark plug issue, but while servicing the advisor claims that the plugs don't need replacement till at least 1 lac kms on the odo - I checked the service schedule and it too says spark plug replacement after 80k kms.
The service advisor advised a replacement of fuel filter and cleaning fuel tank, but I have put that to next service.
I guess the Jazz has a "direct ignition system" (also called distributor-less) which is generally reliable. So the most likely causes could be the fuel quality itself or the fuel-injection system. Have you changed your filling station recently?
Old 23rd May 2017, 13:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Check RPM gauge. If you dont have one, see if its shuddering. There are so many things that can cause a poor firing of cylinder but you have to start eliminating one after the other. Right from spark plug to coil to wires that feed the power to the plugs, Air fuel mixture that is getting screwed up due to various things.

If its shuddering check your clutch. It may be reaching its life end.

Now if its flywheel, even in idle and pulling the clutch will make a rattling noise. Also flywheel will not cause shuddering but the clutch will. So start elimination process if you cant clearly see difference due to mechanical component and electrical component.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks