Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Water/petrol gushing sound from Optra underbody

^^ did you get your radiator opened or coolant changed or the ac heater coil removed and refitted recently?

It appears there is two phase flow(air+coolant) in your coolant circuit
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:53   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
1. Are there chances of rain water accumulating underbody?
Was the car recently drenched in rain? (for lack of a better question! :P)

Water must have accumulated in the left front door. There are plug holes at the bottom of the door; see if they are clogged. You can drain any water that might have accumulated.

Same thing happened with my Corsa.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

check is this is same problem as faced in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-cabin.html
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Was the car recently drenched in rain? (for lack of a better question! :P)

Water must have accumulated in the left front door. There are plug holes at the bottom of the door; see if they are clogged. You can drain any water that might have accumulated.

Same thing happened with my Corsa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
check is this is same problem as faced in this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-cabin.html
Thanks,

Just went to office basement with my friend, he sat in the back iof the car, i drove the car and braked hard many times, the noise is coming below the right hand side doors, and my friend confirmed its water, as water was dripping out of sides when i braked hard.

I thought water if would have gone in should have drained out, have to take it to service center tomorrow and get it drained. This has been there for more than a month now, hopefully it should not get rusted :(.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I thought water if would have gone in should have drained out, have to take it to service center tomorrow and get it drained. This has been there for more than a month now, hopefully it should not get rusted :(.
You can do it yourself. There are plug-holes at the bottom of the door. You can unplug the rubber beading and drain the water.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You can do it yourself. There are plug-holes at the bottom of the door. You can unplug the rubber beading and drain the water.
yes i see 3 rubber caps kind of thing, but not sure how to open those, will check it out tomorrow morning, but how to stop water from going in future, i think the service center guys have to find out how the water went in.
Old 3rd December 2011, 10:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Noise of gushing fluid inside the car cabin

Quote:
I am noticing a peculier problem from past few days, i dont remember if this was there before, The problem is when ever i accelarate or brake in my Optra 1.6 i hear sound of water or petrol gushing, like under the right door, dont know if this was normal, i took full tank petrol last time, but the sound is still there.

No petrol smell but, also even when i hit a bumper or pothole i get this sound like water hitting the shore, i checked my car of water bottles, but none is there in the car.

There is no problem with the car otherwise, i can hear the sound only with windows up and AC off / 1 position.

1. Are there chances of rain water accumulating underbody?
I had the same problem in my Optra, the reason for the splashing water noise was never found till I started seeing spots of rusting in the running boards, it was found out that rainwater had accumulated in the running board somehow and would splash when the car moved, I had to get the whole running board taken apart and repainted,

Noise of gushing fluid inside the car cabin-1.jpg

another similar problem area was the door panels under the door rearview mirrors, water dripping from the the mirror assembly through the rubber gaskets was causing the door to start rusting from inside.

Noise of gushing fluid inside the car cabin-2.jpg

I would suggest you get these places checked as soon as possible to prevent what happened to my car.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 22:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I had the same problem in my Optra, the reason for the splashing water noise was never found till I started seeing spots of rusting in the running boards, it was found out that rainwater had accumulated in the running board somehow and would splash when the car moved, I had to get the whole running board taken apart and repainted,

another similar problem area was the door panels under the door rearview mirrors, water dripping from the the mirror assembly through the rubber gaskets was causing the door to start rusting from inside.

I would suggest you get these places checked as soon as possible to prevent what happened to my car.
Thanks, i took it to the service center near my house today, the person opened a rubber cap near the rear wheel arch and drove harshly for 2 km to drain the water. i could have done it my self if i knew about the water accumulating problem, i thought it was petrol flowing sound for past 1 month. I dont know how much damage it would have done to the running body, i would require to check sooner on this i think.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
I had those sounds , it is caused by air pockets and localized boiling. It could be caused by bad thermostat , bad hose( cracks) or blocked water passage. Would advise a reverse flush . also checking if there are air bubbles in the degas bottle. (this is the bad if you have - HG repair)

Well the situation now is that the sound continued and eventually the head gasket went off (Second time) and the company repaired it as well as the radiator.

The sound is worse than ever now, it is always there and passengers even on rear seats can hear it loud and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ did you get your radiator opened or coolant changed or the ac heater coil removed and refitted recently?

It appears there is two phase flow(air+coolant) in your coolant circuit
Yes all of this was done in an attempt to fix the noise but it is only getting worse. Morover, this is not water accumulation like some people have suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Oil and coolant are getting mixed in the engine, most probably the head gasket job was bad, check the engine oil also to confirm this. Get it attended at the earliest.
Yep! HG repair done.
The noise is still there and it is super loud now.
The car is horribly sluggish.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd January 2012 at 13:24. Reason: posts merged
Old 2nd January 2012, 14:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, i took it to the service center near my house today, the person opened a rubber cap near the rear wheel arch and drove harshly for 2 km to drain the water. i could have done it my self if i knew about the water accumulating problem, i thought it was petrol flowing sound for past 1 month. I dont know how much damage it would have done to the running body, i would require to check sooner on this i think.
It would be good to blow air inside to dry it up.Ask the service center to use the tyre air filler to blow the insides dry. Its very easy and cost effective way to dry it out.
Old 30th July 2023, 10:42   #26
BHPian

Try this to prevent water entering the cabin:

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks