Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 09:24   #1
BHPian

Oil Leak from my Figo - Diesel

Hi Guyz, I need some help here.
It's been close to 6 months since I got my Figo.
I have covered around 5500 KM's.
Due to my recent busy schedule, i havent been able to drive my car for about 2 to 3 weeks. When i took my car out the previous weekend, while reversing, i felt there was something blocking the car, the reversing was not particularly smooth, it was giving a rough sound.
So i got out and had a look and i could see an oil leak near the front, right side tyre. I thought it would be water, but when i took a closer look, it looked more like oil. This has really worried me.
Can some Guru's please tell me what could be the problem, i plan to take the car for servicing this weekend.
Is this a serious problem ?
Thanks.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Oil Leak from my Figo - Diesel

That is brake fluid! or it may be.

If the oil is colourless - then it is brake fluid
If anycolour from pink to brown - engine oil

If it is brake fluid please drive slowly to an A.S.S , If in doubt call for service as leaking brake fluid is dangerous. As you also mentioned it looks like water i am more inclined that it is brake fluid.
Old 16th November 2011, 19:58   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Due to my recent busy schedule, i havent been able to drive my car for about 2 to 3 weeks. When i took my car out the previous weekend, while reversing, i felt there was something blocking the car, the reversing was not particularly smooth, it was giving a rough sound.
Most cars will feel "rough" if it had been parked with the handbrake ON for 2 - 3 weeks. Just the rear drums, nothing else. Drive around for a couple of minutes and you should be all set.

Quote:
So i got out and had a look and i could see an oil leak near the front, right side tyre.
Agreed with Catalyst_delhi, sounds like the brake fluid. Call Ford's roadside assistance and have them take a look before you drive anywhere.
Old 16th November 2011, 22:01   #4
BHPian

Hi, Thanks guys, for taking time to share your suggestions.
I took the car to the service guyz today. They checked the car and told me that Oil is leaking from the Sump, which is located near the front, right side tyre.
The service guy mentioned that the washer used on the Sump, has worn out and needs to be replaced. He told the oil needs to be removed, refilled and the washer replaced.It took about 10 minutes to do this.
The service guy was suspecting, that during my first service, somebody had been a little careless.
I was not charged anything for this.
The issue is now resolved, thanks again T-BHP.

P.S. I replied to this message from my Windows Phone (my iPhone is bricked) , but the message was not submitted.

Last edited by RROD : 16th November 2011 at 22:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks