Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 23:03   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
whats the point in removing the rev limiter.cant that be potentially unsafe.

Rev
Its basically done to make sure that in drag races one does not hit the revv limiter by chance .. The revvs are increased by 500 rpms just to give one a safer side ..

Also the cars can revv a bit higher than what they are limited at , its just to maintain safety levels that they are limited ..

Quote:
How does one remove the revlimiter on a Zen? Where is it located?
Its basically done by tinkering with the ECU ..
Old 28th March 2006, 00:57   #47
BANNED

Does removing the rev limiter also remove the top speed limit, or is that a seperate procedure?

Also, what are the chances of blowing your engine (it's happened to me once, so I'm a bit cautious).
Old 28th March 2006, 08:51   #48
BANNED

Err Guys,

Small clarification this box does not remove the revlimiter and there are no changes of any kind to the ECU. This modification is completely reversible and will have no adverse effect on the engine.

Removal of revlimiter requires modification/reprogramming of the ECU which can give disastrous effects if not done correctly. Also remaps are car/model/year specific.

Viper
Old 28th March 2006, 09:27   #49
BHPian

viper, thanks for your detailed reply.
From your reply i find it as a plug and play device which is cool.
Waiting for your updates reg cost and FE. Thanks in advance
Old 28th March 2006, 09:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA

P.S which car you got?
Busa i've a Volkswagen GTI with a 2.8Litre V6. I'm trying to learn how to decode the map. Kinda difficult with so much code in the ECU. Should talk to Pete about how he locates the fuel tables from all that data in the memory.
regards
Old 28th March 2006, 10:43   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
whats the point in removing the rev limiter.cant that be potentially unsafe.

Rev
Yes potentially unsafe if the ecu is not mapped right....

I have been testing our ecu on the test car (stock esteem mpfi) which is programmed to have a limiter at 8500RPM. Have been doing a comfortable 7500 RPMs (at times 8000 RPM) for the past 8 months, without any problems.

Boomshiva:
Pushing the rev limt does push your max speed in each gear .ex. in my esteem can do 70kmph in 1st and 125kmph in 2nd. Gains in top speed come with gains in engine power.

If you are talking about speed limiters, thats a different story.There are ways to get over it too.

Last edited by rdkarthik : 28th March 2006 at 11:01.
Old 28th March 2006, 19:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

i have an esteem mpfi and would like to remap my engine... i was originally thinking of gettin the piston heads modified but i would like to leave that untouched at least for now....

can anyone tell me where in chennai i can get this remap and what types are available and for how much?
Old 28th March 2006, 20:58   #53
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
i have an esteem mpfi and would like to remap my engine... i was originally thinking of gettin the piston heads modified but i would like to leave that untouched at least for now....

can anyone tell me where in chennai i can get this remap and what types are available and for how much?
The esteems dont have any custom remaps that i know off ?? Maybe now that viper is starting off with something new it could be a different scene all together .. Till date it always use to be piggy back ECU's or stand alones .. Most popular are the greddy e-manages ..

Aditya , what u can do is next time u come down to bangy speak to psycho .. He is a gem with ECU's .. Maybe he could do up something for u ..
Old 28th March 2006, 21:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

WAITINGgggggggggggggggg for Viper's postttttt......
Old 29th March 2006, 00:02   #55
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Had some small trial runs with the Gtech Pro and to put it in simple terms the product delivers as promised. Although the testing was not comprehensive as our runs were disrupted by the arrival of cops we did manage 2 decent runs which showed a diff of 2 secs faster times over my existing car with the product on which in my opinion is very satisfactory.

Keping in mind that my car (Getz) is running on very grippy 195/60/14 Yokohoma's. I feel we need to test on a better car which is stock to get better results. I will try and organise that in a day or 2 with proper timings.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 29th March 2006 at 00:11.
Old 29th March 2006, 11:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Viper... Pls do a comprehesive test - I know its time consuming but will help nip mst of the questions that are likely to follow- in the bud! We also can avoid having to depend on multiple figures stemming from multiple cars in various stages of tune!

So pls do a BEFORE - and AFTER with all paramenters .. Accelaration, city FE, Highway FE, RO-RO figures the works! That should create a comprehensive reference point!

Sujit
Old 29th March 2006, 11:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey Viper interesting find but would suggest that you check if your engine is being leaned out a bit too much, best way is to see your optimum engine temparature before and after adding the box and are you running on the "+" or on the "++" settings. The box also seems to be too generic and seems to alter only based on a variance level rather than optimum operating parameters, guess the indepth testing by you might show it to be right esp on the getz as it has a knock sensor, how about trying it on a car without a knock sensor.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:24   #58
Team-BHP Support

Viper if and when you make this commercial please post in Marketplace. thanks.

Last edited by navin : 29th March 2006 at 12:50.
Old 29th March 2006, 14:06   #59
BHPian

Viper you are talking about NA Petrol engines right. WOW that is great news.Any approx BHP increases??? YOU should be able to get around 10% increase right??
Old 29th March 2006, 14:09   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Hey Viper interesting find but would suggest that you check if your engine is being leaned out a bit too much, best way is to see your optimum engine temparature before and after adding the box and are you running on the "+" or on the "++" settings. The box also seems to be too generic and seems to alter only based on a variance level rather than optimum operating parameters, guess the indepth testing by you might show it to be right esp on the getz as it has a knock sensor, how about trying it on a car without a knock sensor.
Hi Pyscho,

The operating temp is absolutely OK and I have been running the car since the past 5 days on only the ++ setting. I even went for a 15km trial with the Hyundai guys with the Hi Scan connected to check if all operating parameters were normal which they were. They were very impressed if I may add. Am testing on some Maruti cars and OHC during this week will keep you updated.

@ Navin - Point noted and will do the needful whenever I decide to go commercial.

@ KB100 - Am in the process of doing exactly the same. However the Highway testing will take a while as I want to first see the performance results on different cars. As far as the FE in city goes I have found it be more or less the same. For specific figures I will have to drive quite a distance and can only comment on the same in due course of time.

Just wanted to add that at the end of the day it is a product that outperforms mods like a conical K&N+Free Flow+Porting & Polishing+Iridium plugs and Plug wires put together. All these mods put together will at the max improve your 0-100 timings by 1- 1.5secs whilst this gadget has already shown a 2 secs + improvement at less than half the price of the combined mods and installs in approx 30 mins. The visible difference is immediately seen and felt.

Please feel free to PM or call me for any further details or demo.

@ Turbo India - I would put the increase anywhere between 15-25%. Will confirm exact figures in due course.

Viper

Note from the support team: We suggest you tell all the interested members to pm you about informations on your offer. Do not put them on forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2006 at 21:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks