Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 14:46   #61
BHPian

hey guys,
i met viper on saturday.. n before i arrived he said that he had something "amazing" to show me.. well.. once he showed it to me it looked like a small lil useless box that would probably not do nething much or mayb nothing at all..
Viper took me for a round wid the "Box" switched off.. the acceleration of the car was pretty dead inspite of havin all the other mods i.e. free flow, filter, plugs, wires etc..
once Viper put the "Box" On.. it was like Michael Knight pressing the "turbo boost" button in Knight Rider.. lol.. literally i was pushed back into my seat and as the car hit the rev limit [6.5k rpm] the torque that was delivered to the wheels was soo damn much, the car was kind of out of control.. Viper tested the car fairly.. n all that i can say is that this little box.. aka the POWER BOX.. does work..

p.s. viper.. hope to get this fitted in my car soon.. lemme know wen u plan to go commercial wid it..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 29th March 2006, 16:47   #62
Exo
BHPian

Cool ****!

Not to be a wet blanket but what sort of advantages would this be compared to dithcing EFI and using carbs? Would defiantly be cheaper and many 1300cc class amataurs race cars(like the clubmans,etc) use carbs instead of EFI?

Also how does the box hit fuel consumption?
Old 29th March 2006, 18:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also how does the box hit fuel consumption?
VIPER..... You have your question!
Old 29th March 2006, 18:26   #64
BANNED

Hi,

Please read my reply in post 60 which I am quoting again.

"As far as the FE in city goes I have found it be more or less the same. For specific figures I will have to drive quite a distance and can only comment on the same in due course of time."

I have driven for approx kms in the city after fitting the box and have not observed any drastic fall in FE inspite of having driven the car hard for almost half the time with AC on. I fitted it after driving 50km on full tank and have done 367 till now on the same tank of gas. Reserve light has still not come on. The Getz has a 45 litre tank. I'll let you guys do the maths.

@ Exo - This product is only for MPFI cars.

Viper

Note from the support team: We suggest you tell all the interested members to pm you about informations on your offer. Do not put them on forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2006 at 21:38.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:39   #65
BANNED

Viper, correct me if I'm wrong, but this box can be switched on and off when required right?

So then how does FE come into the picture, just switch it off when you want FE and switch it on when you want performance.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:54   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Viper, correct me if I'm wrong, but this box can be switched on and off when required right?

So then how does FE come into the picture, just switch it off when you want FE and switch it on when you want performance.
Hi,

You are 100% right. But the fun part of the box is under normal driving where you will actually get an increase in FE alongwith better driveability as your overall torque is increasing.

You always have the option of switching it off/on at the flick of a switch as simple as that.

Please read the 4th line of post 64 as driven approx 300kms was too late to edit before i realised i forgot to mention the kms.

Viper

Note from the support team: We suggest you tell all the interested members to pm you about informations on your offer. Do not put them on forum.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2006 at 21:39.
Old 30th March 2006, 01:59   #67
BHPian

sounds way too good to be true!! but hats off to ya!
now i'm at the edge of my seat waiting for you to say "its ready!"
Old 30th March 2006, 10:39   #68
BHPian

Sounds an interesting product viper, why dont you upload some pics of the box & show us the fittings ? i m sure there are members who are very keen to see it.
Old 30th March 2006, 10:51   #69
BANNED

Hi,
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I am sorting out some technical & distribution formalities with the parent company which once sorted out will be a relief. I will put all details(website link, name of product, pics, pricing etc) max by Sunday.

Till then please be patient is all I request. Hope you guys understand why I am being secretive.

Viper
Old 30th March 2006, 13:07   #70
BHPian

Viper, I agree. it will be worth the wait
Old 30th March 2006, 13:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vennarbank
it will be worth the wait
i'll second that vennar!
Old 31st March 2006, 09:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

You are 100% right. But the fun part of the box is under normal driving where you will actually get an increase in FE alongwith better driveability as your overall torque is increasing.

You always have the option of switching it off/on at the flick of a switch as simple as that.

Viper
The on/off feature is pretty impressive. Waiting for you to make it commercial after completing your legal formalities...
Old 31st March 2006, 10:01   #73
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Finished the trial times of the product on my Getz and will now reinstall the same on a different car today which will be stock. The timings below are the best timings I could acheive on tarmac roads.

Stock Getz (as per Autocar) on 155/80/13 tyres
0-100km - 14.47 secs.

My Getz with 195/60/14 Yokohoma ES100 on stock rims.
0-96km - 13.26 secs with box off
0-96km - 12.09 secs with box on

My Getz with 175/65/13 tyres on Ceat Spyders with stock rims
0-96km - 12.21 secs with box off
0-96km - 11.16 secs with box on

The above timings were tested on the Gtech pro and a best time of 4 runs was taken. I will be doing more comprehensive testing in due course. My car was running on Speed/Power regular. Would love to hear the comments on the same.

Viper

PS - Mods I think we can/should now shift the last few posts pertaining to the power box to the product review section.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th April 2006 at 21:40.
Old 31st March 2006, 10:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

VIPER

CITY next pls.. Lots of ppl with OHC's out there looking at this..!!
Old 31st March 2006, 10:18   #75
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Need some people who want thier cars tested with this product from Bombay/Poona as I dont have access to more cars.

Cars wanted.

OHC , NHC, Esteem MPFI, Zen Mpfi, Swift, Optra, Corolla, Accent, Ikon, Palio. Interested members please pm me for details involving installation procedure.

Will require the cars for a max duration of 2-3 hours.

Viper

PS- I got an average of 10.1 kmpl during this entire testing in approx 385 kms driving hard for most of the time.

Last edited by viper : 31st March 2006 at 10:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks