Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 10:56   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80

Most Important: I told them that my ODO got rested once, i dont know how? to my surprise, he told me sir that's fine each xuv's ODO will get reset once before first 250km. Can somebody please confirm me the same?
It is true. At the time of delivery the SE reset the main odo of my xuv and when i questioned him he said that its possible in all xuv's to reset the main odo once.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:45   #227
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Can we setup a poll here on this thread where owners can vote on which areas of the vehicle is showing problems more! They should be allowed to vote for more than one I guess if someone has observed issues for more than one area.
Categories like, electronics gizmos, mechanicals, performance, drive/handling and so on can be added to understand what are the areas where more issues associated with. Along with this information, if we can pick the mfg batch details, that will help us understand if there was an issue with a specific batch (which looks to be the case for some common issues). Hopefully site can provide a poll feature that can capture these kind of details.
Ketan I agree. I requested the same in this thread about 1-2 weeks ago. Being a newbie, I don't know how to get this survey done. Any help from seasoned folks would help. Knowing the magnetude of the issues is very critical for prospective customers. Going by the verbal descriptions in this thread may not give them a clear idea of the number of issues/areas most impacted etc.. For eg.. I don't know if ALL customers who are visiting this thread have the brake issue. If we conclude that 90% of them do, then it is something very serious.. If the numbers show otherwise, then may be its a sporadic issue with some unlucky ones like me..
Old 17th April 2012, 20:26   #228
BHPian

Thank You both n.devdath and nikhileshgrover.
I did not panic or anything- just had been reading about guys doing 170K but no mention about the alarm.
Another thing I noticed was with cruze control I could push it upto 140K thereafter it just disconnected, and I could not get it to start up again, even after lowering the speed. Also was trying to show the hill decent function but it did'nt work!
So today I thought I would check it on a slope/ steep incline which in the past I've tried and worked- but again it did'nt work!
Old 17th April 2012, 21:33   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
The alarm is normal.
Thats contradictory statement.
Do we know the reason why in first place it gives alarm at 150+kmph? What if its for some critical failure! Going at that speed with some critical failure isnt a good idea.
If its for the speed limit, we can understand and should reset the threshold to something that really makes sense.
Old 17th April 2012, 22:55   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Thats contradictory statement.
Do we know the reason why in first place it gives alarm at 150+kmph? What if its for some critical failure! Going at that speed with some critical failure isnt a good idea.
If its for the speed limit, we can understand and should reset the threshold to something that really makes sense.
Well I touched 150 multiple times and each time the beep came on at 150 kmph. If its a system malfunction, it would not come up at dot 150 kmph. Thats the way I am looking at it and would term it as a feature rather than a defect.
Old 17th April 2012, 23:05   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Well I touched 150 multiple times and each time the beep came on at 150 kmph. If its a system malfunction, it would not come up at dot 150 kmph. Thats the way I am looking at it and would term it as a feature rather than a defect.
This can be debatable.
What if it doesnt show up next time @150? What if alarm is due to a critical error @150 or at a speed beyond 120-130! I woulnt like to speculate something at that speed. Definately not safe.
Has M&M confirmed this to be a feature!
Old 17th April 2012, 23:43   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan

This can be debatable.
What if it doesnt show up next time @150? What if alarm is due to a critical error @150 or at a speed beyond 120-130! I woulnt like to speculate something at that speed. Definately not safe.
I too get the same chimes once i touch 150. I confirmed from the asc and they told it is a feature. Also this is not a programable feature, wherein you can change the threshold speed.
Old 19th April 2012, 19:56   #233
BHPian

What about engine shuddering at certain speeds? Is it seen on all XUVs? Any solution provided by M&M yet? The one I test drove 2 times had the issue 100% of the time i tried reducing RPM below 1000 and pulling back from there.

-HCP.
Old 19th April 2012, 20:32   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
What about engine shuddering at certain speeds? Is it seen on all XUVs? Any solution provided by M&M yet? The one I test drove 2 times had the issue 100% of the time i tried reducing RPM below 1000 and pulling back from there.

-HCP.
I have this issue. No meaningful explanation given by the service folks - Let alone any solution.

Its time for some experienced Bhpians to start a survey in this thread to assess the variety of "issues" with XUV. Can anyone please help?
Old 19th April 2012, 20:38   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

-HCP.
Hi HCP,

Yes, this shuddering issue is there even in our XUV and actually has to do with the lower torque of today's Low capacity (2-2.2 L Diesels) with Common rail direct injection. At lower RPMs the torque generated is lower than the torque required and the engine starts to shudder a bit. We feel this even in our Yeti and also in the XUV. We have adapted our driving style accordingly and have gotten used to keeping engine revs above 1000 when changing gears.
Earlier generation IDI engines and bigger capacity engines don't have this issue and have very good low end torque - some examples being the Fortuner and the Original Pajero. However these engines were much less fuel efficient than today's generation CRDI engines.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 20:45   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
...Yes, this shuddering issue is there even in our XUV and actually has to do with the lower torque of today's Low capacity (2-2.2 L Diesels) with Common rail direct injection. At lower RPMs the torque generated is lower than the torque required and the engine starts to shudder a bit. ....
Thanks for the info Behemoth. In my optra magnum I never experienced Shuddering. In optra if the RPM goes too low (below 700 RPM), the engine just stalls. But there was no issue till the idling RPM or a little bit below that. As you said may be this is related to lean burning during low RPM in new generation engines.

Thanks
HCP

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 09:42. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 19th April 2012, 22:16   #237
BHPian

Quote:
This can be debatable.
Well to put it in perspective - the "alarm" is more of a warning chime - like my Ford Fusion, ( when the car is switched off but headlights left on) and is different to the alarms like door open, tyre pressure etc.
Old 19th April 2012, 22:52   #238
BHPian

How can one call this a VFM vehicle? I feel sorry for the present owners. What happens when the warranty period is over? I'd rather pay a few lakhs more for an Innova and have peace of mind during the ownership period.

Last edited by John : 19th April 2012 at 22:54.
Old 20th April 2012, 14:14   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
How can one call this a VFM vehicle? I feel sorry for the present owners. What happens when the warranty period is over? I'd rather pay a few lakhs more for an Innova and have peace of mind during the ownership period.
VFM - Don't think so. At 13-14 lacs, all the BASIC functions must perform as specified. Bad brakes, clutches should not be your issues after buying a vehicle after spending so much money.

I didn't have Innova in the shortlisted vehicles when i was looking to buy. If you have innova as an option, then there should be no hesitation. Please go ahead and buy an Innova. Most of us, (I think) were looking for a good looking SUV, not in the range of 25 Lacs.. We are somehow putting up with the machine despite the shortcomings.

Even divorce court suggests living with your partner for few months before concluding if a divorce is right for you. I am in this category now.
sheelapratosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 15:09   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
VFM - Don't think so. At 13-14 lacs, all the BASIC functions must perform as specified. Bad brakes, clutches should not be your issues after buying a vehicle after spending so much money.

I didn't have Innova in the shortlisted vehicles when i was looking to buy. If you have innova as an option, then there should be no hesitation. Please go ahead and buy an Innova. Most of us, (I think) were looking for a good looking SUV, not in the range of 25 Lacs.. We are somehow putting up with the machine despite the shortcomings.

Even divorce court suggests living with your partner for few months before concluding if a divorce is right for you. I am in this category now.
Good one @sheelapratosh . Truly hope that things work out between you and your "partner". Divorce can be a messy affair!

Last edited by John : 20th April 2012 at 15:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks