Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2017, 15:45   #4171
BHPian

I assume you are referring that depressing clutch will move the car even without pressing accelerator. I thought this is common in all diesel cars
Old 14th April 2017, 09:20   #4172

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Yes the feature of moving off from a stop without having to get on to the accelerator is common to diesel engines which have an anti-stall feature in the ECU.
Many members who experienced clutch problems, had mentioned stop go traffic, having to reverse up a slope etc. as background for clutch problems.

Also, many people are not aware of older cars and design features - for instance pressing the clutch is, more accurately, de-clutching and that the clutch wear only happens in this phase and is directly related to the speed of the engine during this phase.

Please pardon an oldie getting on to 70, if the suggestion sounded like a "Talk Down" !! Wasn't at all aimed that way
Old 15th April 2017, 09:05   #4173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssadwelkar View Post
I just got my car back from the workshop and this time the Service Advisor says that they found an error code with a yellow exclamation mark for the steering stability program, so they have flashed the software and has assured me once more that the issue is fixed, only time will tell I guess.

I didn't know there was steering stability program software that could be flashed.
And again, after approximately 3,000 kms, the lights - ESP, brake and hill descent come on, but this time I first tweeted to Mr. Anand Mahindra saying that I am taking my vehicle to G3 for the same issue 3rd time in a few months. Within 45 minutes, I got a call from Dhiren Desai (customer care) and he has assured me that this time the issue will be taken care of. Upon checking at G3, they said that the brake light switch, which was replaced last time, needs to be adjusted. In addition, Mahindra will be sending their technical expert to check the vehicle and they will raise a TAR to see why this is happening repeatedly.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th April 2017 at 17:07. Reason: Grammar, punctuation
ssadwelkar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th April 2017, 13:38   #4174
BHPian

Not faced the clutch issue till now. Mine is a June 2013 W8 AWD (more load on the clutch..) and has over 81,000 on the odo.

Running just fine. Repeatedly doing Delhi-Manali-Delhi runs for my upcoming little hotel.

PS: extended warranty works like a charm. Got the front a/c coil changed recently. Picture attached from my regular Manali trips
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_20170409_184658598_hdr01.jpeg  

BunnyPunia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 22:56   #4175
BHPian

Guys, need help!
The fuel indicator bars on my XUV have gone berserk! All bars are continuously blinking.
Day before yesterday the tank was one bar below half. I have no clue what happened today.
All bars are either blinking and momentarily it is showing up "all minus one bar". Most of the time I was driving today, all the bars were blinking continuously.
Any pointers?

EDIT:
Just saw this in the manual. Please refer to the attached image. Any idea what could be wrong? Car has completed 63K kms and will complete 5 years this July, still covered in extended warranty.
Attached Images

Last edited by live2drive : 15th April 2017 at 23:02.
Old 15th April 2017, 23:07   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Guys, need help!
The fuel indicator bars on my XUV have gone berserk! All bars are continuously blinking.
Day before yesterday the tank was one bar below half. I have no clue what happened today.
All bars are either blinking and momentarily it is showing up "all minus one bar". Most of the time I was driving today, all the bars were blinking continuously.
Any pointers?

EDIT:
Just saw this in the manual. Please refer to the attached image. Any idea what could be wrong?
In my opinion should be either due to faulty sensor in the tank or some electrical loose contact. I don't know about the present era sensors but my 2003 Indica had a small float attached to a rheostat to send the fuel level to the display. The connectors were located atop the tank accessible from a hatch under the rear seats.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 04:37   #4177
BHPian

The problem was within the instrument cluster and the entire cluster had to be replaced. This is a common problem with XUVs as per the RM.
It costs 15K but I did not have to pay anything since the car is covered under extended warranty.

PS.: To all those owning an XUV, I feel the additional investment on ext. warranty is worth every penny. My XUV has seen warranty replacements which otherwise could have been double the cost of ext. warranty purchase itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Guys, need help!
Any pointers?

EDIT:
Just saw this in the manual. Please refer to the attached image. Any idea what could be wrong? Car has completed 63K kms and will complete 5 years this July, still covered in extended warranty.

Last edited by live2drive : 26th April 2017 at 04:39.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:24   #4178
BHPian

Has anybody had their wipers go kaput on them?

Was driving on the Sealink and decided to clean the windshield. Pulled the stalk and they got stuck mid screen. Screwed up visibility big time.

On the way home, I managed to push them down (with instructions on the phone from a friend who has a garage)

While I have an extended warranty, I don't think I can wait 2 weeks for an appointment to have them fixed. Any idea what could have gone?

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-1493175261952.jpg

Last edited by djpeesh : 26th April 2017 at 08:26.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:41   #4179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Any idea what could have gone?
As a primary suspect you may want to check the fuses and relay once. If they are intact then it is most likely that the switch operated by the wiper stalk has conked off. Wiper motor going kaput is a rare scenario.
Old 28th April 2017, 22:27   #4180
BHPian

Hi all,

I am owning W6 previous gen XUV with monochrome display. So the issue is that after android kitkat the infotainment is not supporting the later android versions properly.

For eg. If you are calling someone the name is not displayed on the screen, you don't listen to any ring or beep while calling, once the other party receives the call then only the name is displayed on the screen and you can start talking.

I was managing with it since long but was finding it too irritating and inconvenient.

Finally mailed Mahindra Customer Care about the issue and got a call from them within couple of days and then they connected me with a Nippon technical personnel. After explaining my issue he has appointed a technician for me on this tuesday who will check the Bluetooth software version of my infotainment system.

He agreed that issues are being faced because of older bluetooth version but still they will try something with the i smart software.

So anyone in this forum has come across this issue and got the solution for the same.
Old 29th April 2017, 12:01   #4181
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been finding off late (for the last four months to be precise) that the hill hold function is not working at all times. It is more or less intermittent. At times it works, at times it doesn't.
There are no warning lights associated with it however.
This first started on my drive to Tawang. Then, it was accompanied by warning light too. However, that got alright after I switched off and started again. After that incident, the hill hold function has been intermittent.

A small chat in the Whatsapp group revealed that it might be because of the alignment of sensor. Has anyone else faced similar/ same problem?
Old 29th April 2017, 14:11   #4182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
For eg. If you are calling someone the name is not displayed on the screen, you don't listen to any ring or beep while calling, once the other party receives the call then only the name is displayed on the screen and you can start talking.
Same issue i am facing since i bought new phone. I too see persons name only when that person picks up, otherwise nothing on the screen

I haven't been to Mahindra ASS from past 2 years, so please let me know how it was resolved.
Old 1st May 2017, 23:21   #4183
BHPian

Folks,

I need some help on couple of issues. Mine is a September 2015 W10 New Age XUV

1. Engine jerking during low speed especially when moving the vehicle from standstill in 1st/2nd gear. Is it pointing to premature clutch failure?

2. Engine sounds really coarse when driving beyond 120 KMPH as if the engine has reached its max strain and it cant take no more.

I had the second issue sometime back and service guys fixed something in ECU to go away. But its now back again.

Did anyone of you face these problems? Appreciate your comments here.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2017 at 12:56. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:16   #4184

XUV 500 W4 ( ODO meter issue)

Hi All,

I upgraded from Wagon R VXI to XUV500 W4 3 weeks back . Team BHP posts helped me to narrow down on XUV. As my usage is only on weekends and mostly in city I did not opt for a higher variant as I will not be using most of the features.

As suggested by the manufacturer first thing post delivery I read the entire owners manual. As per the manual I can toggle between ODO and TRIP A and TRIP B using a switch available next to speedo console.

But when I try doing the same I do not get options suggested by owners manual and to my surprise ODO meter is being reset to zero. I am not sure if W4 has that option / doubtful if showroom guys have sold a vehicle with issue (PDI not done correctly)

I have asked for a demo from Mahindra this weekend but am sure they will come up with a justification for the same but I want to make sure that the vehicle is not used for Demo purpose and later sold as a new vehicle. Need help

Thanks in advance
Sagar
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:35   #4185
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 W4 ( ODO meter issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar.narasimha View Post
Hi All,

But when I try doing the same I do not get options suggested by owners manual and to my surprise ODO meter is being reset to zero. I am not sure if W4 has that option / doubtful if showroom guys have sold a vehicle with issue (PDI not done correctly)
Congratulations on your purchase. On pressing (Long press) the Trip Meter, the overall kms sets to 0 only for the first time. Not after that. Trip A and Trip B will set to 0 each time you long press, as that is the objective of having those options.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks