Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2018, 18:49   #4351
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Though I stay in south mumbai, I am ok with getting it done anywhere in mumbai if it’s reliable and reasonable.

Thank you.
Though it's an old post, wasn't sure if your issue was resolved. If not pm me, can suggest you someone who is reliable & good at his work.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 00:40   #4352

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz_mak View Post
Just purchased XUV500 Service / Repair / Workshop manual so if anybody wants a copy let me know...
dreamz_mak

Can you please share the manual with me.
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:35   #4353
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2018 May model XUV which has done just 2800 kms. For last 1 week having a strange issue. When switching on ACC, getting a plastic burning smell which goes away in 1 min.

Any suggestions? Took to serve centre yesterday, but they said it is due to dust and cleaned the ac filter.

But it is back again today :(
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 21:15   #4354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Hi All,
When switching on ACC, getting a plastic burning smell which goes away in 1 min.
It could be an electrical issue. Please have the wiring of the ACC checked. Please try switching on in a quiet area with the bonnet open and listen, observe, smell both in the engine bay as well as inside the car. You may be able to sniff out the origin of the smell or hear or see a spark or any other anomalies.
Old 6th September 2018, 16:26   #4355
BHPian

Took the car to service center again yesterday. This time they have done some work with AC blower and issue looks to be fixed now.

Have to monitor closely for the next few days..
toretto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 19:28   #4356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Stock size but changed to Yokohama. There are 4 XUVs at my workplace and unfortunately everyone confirmed that they had this issue, however it was fixed after regular balancing and alignment. But on my vehicle, none of those helped. Today I have given the vehicle to the A.S.S. There's technical person from Pune and he is currently checking, they did confirm the vehicle is indeed pulling to the left, but the reason is not yet known. Awaiting his diagnosis and outcomes.
Was this issue resolved? My vehicle also has a slight pulling towards the left, especially at crawling speeds.
Old 11th September 2018, 20:05   #4357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Was this issue resolved? My vehicle also has a slight pulling towards the left, especially at crawling speeds.
Did you check for uneven wear on the tyres? Were the tyres rotated during balancing and alignment?
Old 14th September 2018, 10:35   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
yes Bejoy, after multiple wheel balances, alignments, suspension setup, the issue is resolved.
Old 16th September 2018, 20:56   #4359
BHPian

After 4 years of ownership the first niggle has finally appeared in my 1st gen XUV. The LED parking light of right side is not working any more. Hope it's covered under extended warranty and the right side head light assembly is changed.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 11:48   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
The LED parking light of right side is not working any more. Hope it's covered under extended warranty and the right side head light assembly is changed.
Yes it is covered under warranty,
The only reason they might not honour warranty would be, if you would have opened the headlight and got it resealed for any modifications.

In my case only one LED wasn't working in the right side headlight, but that was duly changed when I sent the car for its 1lac kms service.
The only thing I told the service advisor was to check if there were any loose connections or something.
I was pleasantly suprised when I went to pick up the car and was informed that the entire headlight assembly was changed for one non working LED.

P.S. at times the connection for the parking light (LED) may come loose over a period of time as it has its own independent connection, you may wanna check that too before you visit the service center.

That's what I appreciate most about Mahindra, any warranty related claims are passed without much drama rather than trying to push it on to the customer citing modification etc.
OverKill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 11:17   #4361
BHPian

Hi XUV friends...
I am facing a peculiar problem with my XUV500 W8 (2011 Model) for the last few days. The RHS turn signals (all three of them) stop operating mid way during car usage. Also if one would use the HAZARD Lights at the same time, only LHS Blinkers work and RHS is dead. On locking and unlocking the car using the remote, only LHS Blinkers light up but once the car is cranked, they RHS starts working again but only to go kaput in sometime during the drive. Went to an authorised service center yesterday after living with the problem for a few days only to get disappointed as they were unable to diagnose the problem (they didnot want to check the fuses, or the wiring to see if its a minor shot circuit or a bulb/holder related problem) but were more interested in replacing the controller and MBFS component costing thousands of bucks.

Has anyone faced a similar problem with their car in the past and what was the diagnosis. Please help me. I am DIY kind of guy and have a close friend operating multi-branded car restoration/ modification setup (Amit Gulati of AGM Technologies) and he has suggested that I start the diagnosis of the problem by one by one removing/ disengaging the turn signal lamps/bulbs and drive the car for a few days to find out if the problem lies with a minor short circuit at one the bulb/holders.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:27   #4362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishc100 View Post
Hi XUV friends...
I am facing a peculiar problem with my XUV500 W8 (2011 Model)
Did you check your battery first before diagnosing fuses?

Once you have eliminated that, you can do the troubleshooting.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:36   #4363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi XUV friends...
I am facing a peculiar problem with my XUV500 W8 (2011 Model) for the last few days.
In my Qualis, I faced the same problem in RHS Rear lamp. I tried interchanging the tail lamp holder from left to right and could see problem started in LHS.

So, culprit was the cable assembly that holds three bulbs and connects the main cable through plastic adopter

I changed it and the problem was gone. Expense: 80 Rs for the Holder cable.
Old 28th September 2018, 11:47   #4364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
In my Qualis, I faced the same problem in RHS Rear lamp. I tried interchanging the tail lamp holder from left to right and could see problem started in LHS.

So, culprit was the cable assembly that holds three bulbs and connects the main cable through plastic adopter

I changed it and the problem was gone. Expense: 80 Rs for the Holder cable.
thanks,

In my case all three RHS Blinkers (Front, Rear and ORVM) and internal dashboard/ instrument cluster blinker go kaput/ stop working. I will start with disengaging one bulb at a time (starting with rear blinker) and see if the problem is diagnoses. I hope i am able to do it within a decent/ minor cost.
Old 28th September 2018, 12:14   #4365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my case all three RHS Blinkers (Front, Rear and ORVM) and internal dashboard/ instrument cluster blinker go kaput/ stop working.
This question may sound offtopic, but, let me know, recently, have you added any cigarette lighter or USB port or any other aliexpress accessories?

If yes, it will be the culprit. Please remove them and try, the problem will be gone
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed