Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2023, 12:35   #4726
BHPian

I own a 2011 W6 that has done 1.55 lakh kms. I have a DieselTronic tuning box and am very happy with it. I am aware that it tends to make the engine sound a little boomier (especially in P2 mode). However of late, the engine is very loud and the cabin has also become very noisy. At higher speeds, the engine sounds loud although it is running only at 2-2.2k RPM.

How can I solve this? Should I replace the insulation under the bonnet? Or is something else causing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Hi,

I have done 86000 KM on my 2014 W8. In the latest service, the SA told me that the Suspension system is due for a change and the rear brake pad and plate as well.

The Mahindra Service center gave me an estimate of 40k - 60k based on the initial assessment.

Has anyone got the shockers changed and can help me with the following queries

1. Is it okay to give Mahindra service center or to any outside workshop
2. What is the best estimate on YouTube, we can see folks claiming 20k for this work

In case outside workshops are recommended, please point me to workshops at Chandigarh/Panchkula
I overhauled the suspension sometime in October. It cost me around 35k. I also recently replaced the brake pads and the discs as well (both front and rear). That cost around 20k.

An estimate of 60k (inclusive of labor) sounds about right. Would suggest you stick to a Mahindra ASC.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st July 2023 at 21:39. Reason: Back to back post, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of this. Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2023, 13:43   #4727
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi guys,

I have a 2017 W6 AT, both middle row seat top halves ( where we rest our back) vibrate and make noises when they're unoccupied. I have got the seats re-torqued multiple times but this problem re-appears after a while. Anyone facing similar issues?

Can the both halves of seats be tightened at the junction where they're joined together. Has someone tried separating the seats? How can that junction be tightened ?

Help please
Old 21st April 2023, 17:04   #4728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi guys,

I have a 2017 W6 AT, both middle row seat top halves ( where we rest our back) vibrate and make noises when they're unoccupied. I have got the seats re-torqued multiple times but this problem re-appears after a while. Anyone facing similar issues?

Can the both halves of seats be tightened at the junction where they're joined together. Has someone tried separating the seats? How can that junction be tightened ?

Help please
Bumping this thread.... anyone got a solution for this?
Old 8th May 2023, 15:40   #4729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabareesh View Post
Hi guys,

Help please
Did this get resolved? how do you know its the back support that is rattling and for both benches?

Based on my experience, I had issue with the single seat that flips over for 3rd row access. The lock that clamps on the floor had play and I used to get metal clangs when going over rough surface without anyone on the seat. A.S.S tried putting tape etc but didnt resolve fully. Eventually I got the lock mechanism in the seat changed which resolved it fully. Costed about 2-3K range.
Old 20th May 2023, 20:39   #4730
BHPian

Hi fellow XUVians

I am currently on a trip in wayanad, I have been getting this 'front brake pad worn out' alert since yesterday. I am planning to get the brake pad replaced after going back to Bangalore. But till then is there a way to stop the alert. it has become very annoying. I understand it's for our safety, but is there any way to disable it temporarily, now that I know the problem. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st May 2023, 11:48   #4731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marias View Post
, I have been getting this 'front brake pad worn out' alert since yesterday.
Is your pads up for replacement? If not, it could be due to the sensor cable snapping, you can check if that's the reason.

The only other way to stop the alert else is to loop the cable in the wheel arch, would suggest you not to do that, though the alert can be annoying temporarily.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 21:11   #4732

Hi Experts,

Wanted to check with you on an issue I am facing. When i sync my phone with dashboard, it doesnt show me the contacts, when a call comes, it doesnt display the name but just shows the number. Is this a settings issue or anything else?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Old 2nd July 2023, 13:50   #4733

Hi, I've done about 75k kms on my XUV 500 W11 AT and I've noticed that the body roll and all over bounciness is quite annoying at high speeds and over small bumps. I haven't been able to let this go after driving a Mitsubishi Montero for a short distance and realizing how grounded the car was even at high speeds.

I realize that this is a general issue faced by most owners of this vehicle but I was considering an aftermarket fix from brands such as ARC or Dr. Nano. I'd love to hear of any insights on these brands, their reliability or alternate fixes/brands that would help resolve the body roll in this vehicle.

Much thanks!
Old 2nd July 2023, 16:32   #4734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolicious View Post
Hi, I've done about 75k kms on my XUV 500 W11 AT and I've noticed that the body roll and all over bounciness is quite annoying at high speeds and over small bumps. I haven't been able to let this go after driving a Mitsubishi Montero for a short distance and realizing how grounded the car was even at high speeds.

I realize that this is a general issue faced by most owners of this vehicle but I was considering an aftermarket fix from brands such as ARC or Dr. Nano. I'd love to hear of any insights on these brands, their reliability or alternate fixes/brands that would help resolve the body roll in this vehicle.

Much thanks!
Some bits of your suspension is probably worn out, you need to get it repaired. We had to overhaul the suspension of the older 5OO at around this same kms on the odometer, all struts and rear dampers , a few bushes too, it was smooth afterwards.

I have done several long distance trips in the last refresh version of XUV5OO and was very impressed by it's highway manners and ability to perform emergency lane switching at very high speeds, that too with full load.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 18:25   #4735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Some bits of your suspension is probably worn out, you need to get it repaired. We had to overhaul the suspension of the older 5OO at around this same kms on the odometer, all struts and rear dampers , a few bushes too, it was smooth afterwards.

I have done several long distance trips in the last refresh version of XUV5OO and was very impressed by it's highway manners and ability to perform emergency lane switching at very high speeds, that too with full load.
I expected the OEM suspension to last longer but nevertheless I shall mention it to the SA when its due for service in another 500 kms.

Those reviews on aftermarket suspension kits looked rather attractive with owners claiming a mark difference in the drive quality. I was pretty convinced that the problem was with the OEM suspension since a lot of XUV owners complained about the body roll in their vehicles straight out of the dealership.
Old 21st July 2023, 21:33   #4736

Dear All,
Apologies if this is a wrong thread or for my raw words, this is my first interaction here.

Very recently I purchased a 2013 XUV 500
And after a few days it gave me service due alerts
I showed it to the dealer
He did fixed it and it was fine for few days
But after a week the service due error is back again

So I decided to show it to Mahindra ASC Hare Krishan Turbhe, Navi Mumbai
They told me that, the previous owner didn’t maintained the car in ASC since 2017 and hence the service due warning, as it was handled by some FNG

Now he told me to get 100000 kms service
So that service due alert goes away.

The odo shows 50k
But the ASC is sure that it has been backed
As in 2017 it was 33k and 6 years later just 20k is not correct figure.

Ok, asssumed that the car did 1L kms
But do I need to get the 1L service from ASC

The car is running fine
Mechanically it is absolutely fine and maintained (with my limited knowledge)

Should I get the 1L service from ASC ?
Will that service alert cause any issue if I chose to ignore it ?
Can you guys recommend good garage for XUV 500 in Navi Mumbai, it can be ASC or FNG

Thank You
Old 22nd July 2023, 07:16   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantypath View Post
The odo shows 50k
But the ASC is sure that it has been backed
As in 2017 it was 33k and 6 years later just 20k is not correct figure.
Thank You
We cannot very easily say either way as we don't know the usage of the previous owner. Some indicators that can help:
1. If bought from a dealer there are higher chances of odo tampering. Generally buying from the owner is considered to have a genuine odo. However exceptions are always there.

2. For a 50k run car the tyres may actually be original. Check the manuf date of the tyres if they are indeed 2013 manuf tyres. If so and if the tyre treads show some decent life left, it may actually be genuine 50k kms. (You may want to change the tyres as they are over 10 years old, but that's a different discussion).

3. If none of above is conclusive then better to get all the fluids changed (whether at Mahindra or outside). I am not sure what's extra in 1Lakh km service, but you could see the service manual and check.
In my experience of having a xuv500, done 75k now, generally I started to get suspension issues, audio system hang issues etc. These are observable and then you can take action. The non-observable ones are the ones you should do immediately - like changing engine oils/filters/transmission oil etc.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 11:27   #4738

What about the service due Alert, SA at ASC says it’s ok to have, because it was not maintained at ASC all these years. Hence to compensate that, I need to do 1L service
Old 24th July 2023, 07:29   #4739
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
What about the service due Alert, SA at ASC says it’s ok to have, because it was not maintained at ASC all these years. Hence to compensate that, I need to do 1L service
Just go to any auto electrician who has an obd scanner. He will erase this for free or at the most charge minimal amount.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 12:26   #4740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car is running fine
Mechanically it is absolutely fine and maintained (with my limited knowledge)
When you mention the alert, I am assuming its only the 'Due to service' alert notification is coming and no other alerts are popping up.

If its just the vehicle due for service, it needs to be cleared by connecting OBD as mentioned by others. No need to get 1L KMS service just for that.

However, if you doubt the vehicle has crossed or is actually nearer to 1L KM mark, no harm in getting it also done. Only major difference between regular to 1L KM is the change of serpentine belt.

Rest of the other items - like the radiator fluid, oil and all, you can take call based on age of vehicle.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks