Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 13:24   #691
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Had booked XUV a month or so back. Now the dealer (Cochin) is saying that they have one available .. I got the VIN and it is a June make.

It's a w6. Shall i wait or go ahead with it? I guess because of the timing (Aadi month) people are not taking delivery and that's how we are getting it so fast. Initially we were told anywhere between 4 to 6 months of waiting
Old 30th July 2012, 13:43   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Had booked XUV a month or so back. Now the dealer (Cochin) is saying that they have one available .. I got the VIN and it is a June make.

It's a w6. Shall i wait or go ahead with it? I guess because of the timing (Aadi month) people are not taking delivery and that's how we are getting it so fast. Initially we were told anywhere between 4 to 6 months of waiting
Why wait ! Whats worrying you ?

Go for it .. and post your ownership thread soon
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 16:03   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
My reply in bold.

1st gear slippage. [b]I had this issue. The gear slips off in 6th also. Had to get it fixed.
Can you give more details on this issue, it may be serious.
Old 30th July 2012, 17:03   #694
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I would second Mannubhai's opinion here. Just grab the opportunity. Do a PDI, and claim the vehicle if there are no issues with it.

There are no good and bad months. You make a month good by planning a family gateaway in that month!
Old 30th July 2012, 22:22   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Can you give more details on this issue, it may be serious.
I had issues when the gear would slip back to neutral while running. This happened in the 1st and 6th gear only. Had one scare when I was driving to kerala on the 1st long run, and the car slipped into neutral from 6th. Luckily there was no one tailing me.

This was immediately fixed at the ASC. I havent had a repeat since then.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 22:39   #696
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had issues when the gear would slip back to neutral while running. This happened in the 1st and 6th gear only. Had one scare when I was driving to kerala on the 1st long run, and the car slipped into neutral from 6th. Luckily there was no one tailing me.

Mannubhai, yours is one of the first XUVs on the road and definitely the first on TBHP. Its been more than 7-8 months since you got your XUV5OO. Do you believe that most of the issues in your vehicle are sorted out one by one till date? Or is there a feeling that there are still a few surprises left?
Old 31st July 2012, 00:11   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Mannubhai, yours is one of the first XUVs on the road and definitely the first on TBHP. Its been more than 7-8 months since you got your XUV5OO. Do you believe that most of the issues in your vehicle are sorted out one by one till date? Or is there a feeling that there are still a few surprises left?
Mine was probably the 3rd in Blore and 1st in TBHP.

Regarding niggles, I think the first batch including mine were really the guinea pigs. Minor niggles are still there, incl some you are facing, like the led conking off, RHS indicator conked off. Rest were all sorted.

But honestly, Im not sure im through with the surprises. Same time, Im enjoying the car and the performance has been really good, considering VFM i have got it at.
Old 31st July 2012, 01:08   #698
Team-BHP Support

Whenever I come to this thread I find a few more pages added to it. So here is my contribution for the day. Only that this time it's not a niggle... Yesterday morning I took the car out to go to office. Had an early meeting. Hardly had I rolled out of my complex that I hear an alien sound, kind of some distant bell that rang once. I take a glance at the console display quizzically and then it sinks in. The much reviled Mahindra electronics glitches... they have finally caught on with me. The display has switched over to Tyretronics. And it says I am in a soup with my rear right. The normally grayed out alert tab is all lighted up. The alert tells me the same story... The rear right is low on air pressure at just 24 psi.

I roll my eyes. The car is absolutely running fine, no drag, no pull. Everything is hunky dory. Now I am waiting for the next part to play out. And sure enough, on cue it happens in another km. The alert suddenly vanishes the way it had come. I almost had a wisp of a sardonic smile. I reach office and forget it. While coming back once again the same thing happens. Only that this time the alert is a little more stubborn and stays with me for most part of the journey, and then it vanishes. I enter the cellar parking and park the car, get down and then suddenly I recall a discussion that many ace fighter pilots lost their lives in the past because they did not trust their equipments. I look at the rear tyre. May be, it looks a little soft or may be its not... Suddenly I restart and hit the roads again. I went to the nearest bunk and ask the guy to check the pressure. He does. And I gulp in astonishment. It's exactly 24psi on the rear right.

Rest is known. I find a puncture repair guy at night who takes out a thick bolt that had perforated the tyre.

Moral? That reviled tyretronics is not so bad after all! Had it not warned me today I would have realized it very late.

By the way, if I don't contribute a niggle to this thread where is the fun?

So let me ask you guys... Does your right indicator self cancels as easily as the left one does. If you have not noticed do so now. Let me know. Looks like there is a design flaw there. My car has this problem from day1 and they tried replacing it under warranty. It remained even after replacing the part. So then they checked another couple of vehicles and confirmed that it looks like a generic problem that needs an escalation. As for me I am still running around with same old part and the associated problem.
Zappo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 01:41   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
The alert suddenly vanishes the way it had come
this has happen to me many times. My interpretation is that the tyre pressure must have been on the borderline. And when we drove it the air expanded a bit and the pressure went above the warning mark so the indication vanished.
The TPMS has never warned false low pressure in my case.
Old 31st July 2012, 05:08   #700
BHPian

Quote:

Same here. Had got a call from Cochin TVS that my W8 was ready for delivery. Plannin to close it by the weekend though I might the take the delivery a little later.
Old 31st July 2012, 07:57   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
So let me ask you guys... Does your right indicator self cancels as easily as the left one does. If you have not noticed do so now. Let me know. Looks like there is a design flaw there. My car has this problem from day1 and they tried replacing it under warranty. It remained even after replacing the part. So then they checked another couple of vehicles and confirmed that it looks like a generic problem that needs an escalation. As for me I am still running around with same old part and the associated problem.
Its there in my car. Initially I did not even realize that this was an issue or a niggle. I casually cancel the RHS indicator if it does not cancel itself. The point is, it does not cancel as sensitively as the left side. But it does, if the curve is much deep. For me, I am fine with it, since I generally check whether the indicator cancelled after taking turns in any car.. Dont know why, but I have that habit which helps me in the XUV!
Old 31st July 2012, 11:15   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please keep a close watch on this, I had a similar issue with my Scorpio and had a close call when the vehicle slipped into neutral while overtaking at high speed. The A.S.S. took is lightly, but the issue was persistant, so I had to escalate to M&M senior management and ultimately the gear box had to be replaced.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 12:14   #703
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The XUV5OO has a digital temp-gauge with 10 LEDs (?). The bottom 6 are blue in color and the top 4 are red in color. The common-sense understanding is that as long as no red LEDs are lit, the vehicle is not overheated.
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-mahindraxuv5oo04-temp-dial.jpg

Here's my question: Shouldn't the 6 blue LEDs light-up one by one after starting the vehicle in the morning? It would eaily take the vehicle 3-4 minutes before it reaches it optimum temperature (with needle half-way between C and H in an analog gauge). Somehow I have noticed that right from cranking the engine, the XUV5OO shows the entire blue part of the gauge lit (red square in the pic above). I typically like to take it easy with any vehicle till the engine has reached its optimum temperature. In my XUV, with all the 6 blue LEDs permanently lit, I can't figure out when the engine has reached the right temperature.

Anybody else noticed this in their XUVs? Or is this specific to my vehicle?

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2012 at 12:23.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:21   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The XUV5OO has a digital temp-gauge with 10 LEDs (?). The bottom 6 are blue in color and the top 4 are red in color.

Anybody else noticed this in their XUVs? Or is this specific to my vehicle?
All the Blue LEDs are lit as you start it. I assumed thats the way it is supposed to be .
Old 31st July 2012, 13:26   #705
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All the Blue LEDs are lit as you start it. I assumed thats the way it is supposed to be .
Even I had assumed the same.
When you think logically,
1. The current system is as good (or as bad) as an overheat-indicator that is found in some cars (e.g. Figo) in place of a proper temperature-gauge. A link to related thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ge-yes-no.html
2. If the 6 blue LEDs are always supposed to be lit together, you don't need 6 LEDs, just a single big one would do.

Let me check with my RM as well over the weekend.

Last edited by SDP : 31st July 2012 at 13:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks