Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:36   #4261
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Last weekend, when i was traveling to my hometown, all of a sudden, infotainment started showing errors that "Hill descent control cannot be activated" and ESP warning light started glowing. No other issue, i managed to reach my home town without any issues. Same thing happened during the return journey to Bangalore as well.

Thanks to Team-BHP !!! Searched and read some posts and listed down the possible root causes. It eventually turned out to be steering alignment issue. Couple of weeks back i did Wheel Alignment in Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. Looks like the alignment guy screwed up the setting.

Got it fixed today at Sireesh Auto and had a long drive. Didnt see the warning coming again. Hopefully, it's resolved.

(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Usually the error comes up after driving continuously for ~ 12 KMS. The technicians at Sireesh Singasandra is aware of the same.
So getting the tyre alignment outside the service centre is not recommended? Or is it just a one-off case?

Also is there a way to play the songs folder-wise? Thanks.

Last edited by vinjosep : 23rd September 2017 at 22:45.
Old 24th September 2017, 08:21   #4262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
So getting the tyre alignment outside the service centre is .
Wouldn't say that. Steering alignment sensor issue comes up only when alignment has gone off too much and you do an adjustment.

In other usual cases, it won't cause an issue. I have done all my alignments done from outside service center till now. Only once I faced this issue.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 01:51   #4263

Guys I really need help on this one. The theft alarm of my xuv goes off on its own every now and then. It has become a nuisance for my building as well because at times it goes off at unearthly hours. It has become really embarrassing.
Is there a way I can turn it off permanently?
Had this issue about a year back and the local service centre had done something to rectify it.
Old 26th September 2017, 18:58   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag2501 View Post
Guys I really need help on this one. The theft alarm of my xuv goes off on its own every now and then. It has become a nuisance for my building as well because at times it goes off at unearthly hours. It has become really embarrassing.
Is there a way I can turn it off permanently?
Had this issue about a year back and the local service centre had done something to rectify it.
Just unplug the siren, it will not impact the other functions. Better still get the Auto Cop guys to check it, it could be the sensitivity setting.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 12:10   #4265

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Just unplug the siren, it will not impact the other functions. Better still get the Auto Cop guys to check it, it could be the sensitivity setting.
Thanks. That leads me to another question...How do I unplug the siren. Also it is a factory fitted one and not an aftermarket.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 27th September 2017, 12:58   #4266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That leads me to another question...
Please don't do that. Instead check with ASC - this is just a simple case of sensor - mostly bonnet sensor or the ones on the doors. Fixing that will fix the issue and its root cause.

Alternatively until this is fixed, don't use remote lock - just use key and manually lock the car. That should just be a mechanical lock isn't it? Never tried this myself though

Last edited by abirnale : 27th September 2017 at 13:00.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 18:14   #4267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That leads me to another question...How do I unplug the siren. Also it is a factory fitted one and not an aftermarket.
Thanks for the help in advance.
The Siren has simple connectors which can just be pulled unplugged, no impact on anything. Unfortunately I am traveling today for a week else would have been able to provide you with the location as well in the XUV by looking into one of my friends cars. I own a Scorpio and in there it is just behind the number plate under the hood and accessible by hand. If the issue is persisting just visit any neighborhood, it will not take him more than a few minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-61aptweblll._sl1500_1024x1024.jpg  

m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 19:25   #4268

Hi All,

Need your assistance - I want to buy CARCAT Ultrasonic rodent repellent. Is the product any good?

I had rat infestation twice in a matter of 30 days and the bill to getting it repaired is very high. Looking for a permanent fix.

Need your help.

Regards
Sagar
Old 22nd October 2017, 21:27   #4269
BHPian

So after going to the service station a million times for smaller yet significant issues with my Xuv 500 (I was one of amongst the initial buyers in Delhi/Ncr) (Had booked without a test drive with so much excitement)
My cheetah's differential & transaxle casing/housing apparently broke, out of nowhere @1lakh kms.
attaching pictures

Need your expert opinion guys!!
Mahindra people are recommending to install the entire assembly n everything new.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20171022_180617.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20171022_180626.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20171022_180922.jpg  

Last edited by crashoverride9x : 22nd October 2017 at 21:28.
Old 27th October 2017, 18:04   #4270
BHPian

Dear Experts,
I own a 2015 W10. Since day 1, I have tried using the inbuilt infotainment to make and take calls while I am driving (phone connected to infotainment system via bluetooth). Call quality was always an issue. About 6-8 months ago during one of the services they upgraded the software and it improved. However the following problem still persists.
Whenever I call someone, it takes about 10 seconds for the person on the other end to actually hear me after they have picked up. The complaint I have always heard for the first 10 seconds is "your voice is very feeble". Post 10 seconds, it starts working well with no issues.
I tried searching and did not find any posts on this issue. Some data points below.

My phone : Iphone6, has latest compatible IoS version updated
It connects to the infotainment system with no issues, also able to play music from my playlist or even from apps such as gaana.

Any thoughts on why this happens? I have not discussed this with the mahindra service folks yet, will do during my next service. However, any suggestions or comments to self fix are most welcome. Thank you.
Old 28th October 2017, 20:33   #4271
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

You ought to take this up with the Mahindra blokes as they are well-versed to rectify this. I own a W10 2015 like you do, and 'the call' experience has been seamless thus far.

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 28th October 2017 at 21:02.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:42   #4272
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashoverride9x View Post
My cheetah's differential & transaxle casing/housing apparently broke, out of nowhere @1lakh kms.
attaching pictures

Need your expert opinion guys!!
Mahindra people are recommending to install the entire assembly n everything new.
Has the transaxle cover broken from an outside impact or due to an internal breakage?
It should not be too difficult to identify the cause.
If it is internal and oil levels were ok then do take up through your RM and with XUV customer care as these are manufacturing defects and these parts are expected to last the life time of the car.
Entire thing is not required to be replaced if only housing is broken. Difficult to assess from photos but do ascertain the exact cause of breakage before you take decision on required replacements.

Last edited by PGA : 30th October 2017 at 11:47. Reason: Additions
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 10:20   #4273
BHPian

After an almost niggle free 2.5 years, have got a problem with my cheetah. The left rear door is rusting. I noticed this few months back around the hinge area and now the are near the lock as well the screws around are rusting as well. Not sure if there are more inside the door panel. I showed it to RM @ Sireesh and he clicked few pics and sent to Mahindra. As of today, the have approved replacement of the rear left door under warranty and the part have arrived. Now few questions to the experienced folks here

1. Any other XUV owners had this issue?
2. What to watch out for while they replace the door. I am a bit worried about losing factory fit, paint quality, etc as it would be done by service centre body shop.

A few pics of the rusted area
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_2368.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_2369.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-img_2370.jpg  

PADAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 12:43   #4274
BHPian

Not really a niggle, but I found it hard is to replace a blown fuse.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4299431
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:06   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Has the transaxle cover broken from an outside impact or due to an internal breakage?
It should not be too difficult to identify the cause.
If it is internal and oil levels were ok then do take up through your RM and with XUV customer care as these are manufacturing defects and these parts are expected to last the life time of the car.
Entire thing is not required to be replaced if only housing is broken. Difficult to assess from photos but do ascertain the exact cause of breakage before you take decision on required replacements.
It was internal. No accident, nothing at all.
Oil levels everything was ok n done from company.

Finally after exerting much influence n pressure,
Got the entire thing replaced for free but had to pay for the pressure plate + clutch(which was somewhat acceptable)

But still didn't understand how can this occur internally as well. (I would like to meet the first team who passed the XUV500 into the market while testing)

But yes one less of a BIG niggle now.
Thank god.

crashoverride9x is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks