Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2011, 19:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volker Jack - New introduction in Bangalore.

Demo of how it works, had seen this many many years back, didnt sell well then.

Last edited by dadu : 24th December 2011 at 19:52.
Old 24th December 2011, 23:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
Seems the cost for this type of hydraulic jack also gone up. This list of various hydraulic (& electric) jacks at Naaptol.com shows prices in the range of Rs.5,000 to Rs.6,000. Car Jack - Compare n Buy Car Jacks at Low Price Online in India

Hydralic bottle jacks seems to be cheapest. Any disadvantages in using bottle jacks? Can it topple easily?

Not very confident about Electric jack. Being unknown brand & electrical, the motor can go out easily.
Naaptol is a joke.

The jack is Rs.2050 now.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 19:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
I would not personally use this or recommend this. With me safe keeping is an issue. As i am bit rough or careless on things, same reason i don't use iphone.

A small puncture will mess up the thingy. I am sure they have made it sturdy but you will never know. I would stick to my mini hydraulic jack. It has a 2 ton capacity with its own plastic case. A very handy and must have.
What is the price of this jack ? It looks pretty big to me, is it detachable at some parts ?
Old 27th December 2011, 00:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viggienomad View Post
Seems the cost for this type of hydraulic jack also gone up. This list of various hydraulic (& electric) jacks at Naaptol.com shows prices in the range of Rs.5,000 to Rs.6,000. Car Jack - Compare n Buy Car Jacks at Low Price Online in India

Hydralic bottle jacks seems to be cheapest. Any disadvantages in using bottle jacks? Can it topple easily?

Not very confident about Electric jack. Being unknown brand & electrical, the motor can go out easily.
Not really.
I today saw exactly the jack shown by Sir Alec -2tonne capacity, carrying case & all in an auto parts store in Kalkaji area of south delhi for Rs 850/-.The bottle hydraulic jack was available for Rs 450/-.
Plannning to pick one up shortly alongwith a 12V compressor-Lunix, Rs 1250/-.
@90BHP- Not yery big, just around 2 ft in length.Its the kid brother of the one you see in tyre shops etc.Quite sturdily made.

Last edited by Kamal : 27th December 2011 at 00:12. Reason: Answering another qn re the same jack
Kamal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 01:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Was it 'Singh Tyre Shoppe' by any chance? If not, could you let me have the name and exact location of this shop, I would like to pick this up ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Not really.
I today saw exactly the jack shown by Sir Alec -2tonne capacity, carrying case & all in an auto parts store in Kalkaji area of south delhi for Rs 850/-.The bottle hydraulic jack was available for Rs 450/-.
@90BHP- Not yery big, just around 2 ft in length.Its the kid brother of the one you see in tyre shops etc.Quite sturdily made.
Old 28th December 2011, 16:44   #36
BHPian

Ok.Will note down address/ph No. when I go there tomorrow.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Not really.
Yeah ! its almost same then. Its Delhi after all no one can beat their price.

Please check its not a replica. as its a matter of grave safety.

mine came with extra set of oil seals and some extra parts. Make sure they are there.
Old 29th December 2011, 22:39   #38
BHPian

can someone answer the repeated query of its effect on the engine due to back pressure in the exhaust system?
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 00:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Yeah ! its almost same then. Its Delhi after all no one can beat their price.

Please check its not a replica. as its a matter of grave safety.

mine came with extra set of oil seals and some extra parts. Make sure they are there.
You're quite right, Sir Alec, in emphasising the safey aspect.
I rechecked the pic of the jack you had posted and the one I saw looked Exactly the same.
However, in order to be doubly sure,if you conveniently can, plz post closeups of the labels on the jack & on the carrying case clearly showing the brand name, name & address etc of the manufacturer.
This would be very helpful for members to avoid picking up ripoffs of the original.
Khoj ji, the shop etc details are- JJ Traders,RZ-33-B/5, Main Okhla Road, Tuglakabad Extn, N.Delhi-110019.Prop-Rajesh Dawar,9810164287,9560886384.
You might want to wait till Sir Alec posts closeups of the labels & see if the one's that I saw at JJ's are the same.
Kamal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:53   #40
BHPian

AN UPDATE & A HEADS UP

Picked up the jack yesterday, but, fortunately for me,I insisted on checking it out before buying.
The first piece malfunctioned- it just would'nt lift up the wheel.
The next one did; but bec of the experience with the first one, I lowered & raised the wheel several times.
Since there's no guarantee/exchange on this & other chinese stuff, its strictly caveat emptor- let the buyer beware!
So, friends,plz check out the piece thoroughly before plonking down you hard earned money.
This would apply equally to tyre inflators & other stuff from china, all of which apparently comes w/o any guarantee, so I'm told by my friendly neighborhood auto parts dealer.
Old 4th June 2014, 11:45   #41
BHPian

The Volker is being offered at a discount now. Saw a demo near CIL office, near the TV tower. 2 ton jack for 2800 and the 3 ton option at 3500. There's a one year warranty. I got a brochure that has contact information Call George at 8867381619.

Any reviews from actual users of this product?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks