Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 23:19   #16
BHPian

Hi maverick
Pm me for getting the details of Hyundai people.

May be I can help you .really sad about your vehicle and attitude of Hyundai people.
vc.vinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 01:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Hyundai I20 Petrol - Engine + ECU trouble - Car breaks down 1500 KMS

Hey Maverick. Sad to hear about your issue. Even I own an i20 ASTA 2011. I pray that you will get justice. Hope Hyundai takes you seriously and give you a new car. Just have patience and wait for a few more days. If given an option between refund or replacement I would have gone for replacement since i20 is a great car and this is a one off case. So please be patient and see what happens. Best of Luck man.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 11:15   #18
BHPian

Hi
The similar issue happened to one of my colleague who purchased his car from KUN hyundai. The first time it was fixed the car died as he was driving it home and the second time while on a trip with family. He did not buy their excuses and managed to add on pressure with his contacts and was given a brand new vehicle. Hope your problem will also be resolved soon. Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 11:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear your ordeal. nowdays no company has remained perfect. be it maruti, hyundai, skoda, bmw, audi, tata, fiat - no one.

whatever evidences you have should be in writing. when you call them and they say that they are not able to correct the problem make sure you record them on your cell phone too.

documented evidences work in favor when it comes to legal fights.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:16   #20
BHPian

Hi maverick
I discussed this problem with a person in Hyundai , he told me that Hyundai doesn't have a policy to replace a car( they are paid to say such words), but you need to take up this matter with the dealer and he can surely give you the replacement.

It is very sad indeed,but when it comes to Indian Market scenario customer is really not the king.
Old 25th December 2011, 20:52   #21
BHPian

Update: I have received a confirmation email from Autocar and they said they have taken up my issue with Hyundai India and will get back to me. Also, the dealer has offered to change the engine assembly of my car but I have not given my approval for it. They changed the ECU first and now they want to change the engine. I have strictly told them that I want my money back. I have also got a legal notice drafted by my lawyer but I haven't got it dispatched as yet. Just waiting for them to give me a firm and final reply first.

I have not received even one call or email till now from Hyundai about this whole matter despite me complaining several times online and offline to them. This is really disgusting on their part.
maverick145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2011, 13:38   #22
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I have not received even one call or email till now from Hyundai about this whole matter despite me complaining several times online and offline to them. This is really disgusting on their part.
That is very surprising. I went to check out i20 on 1 December and till today their sales guy has called me almost daily even after telling them many many times that I will call them. Why don't Hyundai customer service keep this kind of attitude towards solving customer problems?. Why are they treating customers like dog after he had paid his money, may be because India has huge population and they don't want repeat customers or they know consumer courts here are useless hence consumer is on their Mersey. I seriously think Hyundai should keep some PR guys to solve this kind of problems and maintain relations with customer on internet. Thanks to team-bhp together united they can not ignore us.

Surprisingly we have lots of threads here about i20 problems which make me conclude that i20 is not a complete trouble free car and sadly for now I am staying away from it.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:19   #23
BHPian

Update : I received a call from Hyundai a few days back (some Delhi number) and the guy on the other side just enquired about the issue. I also received a written letter from the dealer and from Hyundai's West Regional Office that they are willing to change the engine assembly. I have sent written letters back to both the dealer and the regional office stating that I am not going to accept a change in engine assembly and either need a new vehicle or my refund.

I am now waiting for their final reply and will consider proceeding legally after that.
Old 10th January 2012, 19:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Update : I received a call from Hyundai a few days back (some Delhi number) and the guy on the other side just enquired about the issue. I also received a written letter from the dealer and from Hyundai's West Regional Office that they are willing to change the engine assembly. I have sent written letters back to both the dealer and the regional office stating that I am not going to accept a change in engine assembly and either need a new vehicle or my refund.

I am now waiting for their final reply and will consider proceeding legally after that.
My heartfelt sympathies are with you & shocking(or is it, coming AGAIN from Hyundai) to see you riddled with problem even after 3 weeks . My advice to you will be, ready for long haul & don't settle for anything less than full refund. It may take some time but you'll eventually get it. Keep all the records, print of emails & logs of phone calls. Mostly, the company will avoid reaching legal stage but before that, you'll hear a lot of crap, which you have to say no to, FIRMLY. Only when company is convinced that you won't settle for anything but the refund, you will get that. We got refund for Grande after a fight of 6 months, just when we were on the verge of filing our case with the consumer forum. All the best.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Why don't Hyundai customer service keep this kind of attitude towards solving customer problems?. Why are they treating customers like dog after he had paid his money, may be because India has huge population and they don't want repeat customers or they know consumer courts here are useless hence consumer is on their Mersey. I seriously think Hyundai should keep some PR guys to solve this kind of problems and maintain relations with customer on internet. Thanks to team-bhp together united they can not ignore us.
Hyundai is a company full of duds when it comes to handling serious complaints from the customer!!! They just seem to freeze and it looks as if they don't know what to do or how to answer the customer properly, hence all that natak of not answering mails/complaint letters, not answering/disconnecting phone calls.

Just look at he pathetic way in which they handled/are handling the steering rattle and a/c issues. Just because the car is selling well, they think the cars they make are "perfect" and customers who make repeated complaints are "mad". The way they treat customers, it shows how arrogant they are. If they don't improve themselves, I hope and pray that one day this arrogance leads to their downfall and such an insensitive, ignorant & arrogant company is kicked out of our country.

maverick145,
just an advice mate, if possible get the car repaired and sell it off. Its simply not worth fighting them in the court because they will not take it seriously there either, as I am finding out. The lawyer may promise you big things but it is a painfully slow process and by the time the case is decided, it will be time to sell off you vehicle because of its age. Sad state of affairs and companies take unfair advantage of this.
Old 12th January 2012, 09:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
sorry to hear your ordeal. nowdays no company has remained perfect. be it maruti, hyundai, skoda, bmw, audi, tata, fiat - no one.
Well, here on t-bhp, there was a case where Maruti went ahead and replaced a Swift ZDi with a new one after its engine stalled repeatedly, something which the great HMIL could take a cue from.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your situation. I pray things become well soon.

I'm just wondering here; why exactly are you against a complete engine + assembly replacement? After all, wasn't that causing the issue? I also assume the entire thing is free of cost?

Also, some general possibly questions. In such a situation if one decides to go in for an engine replacement, what happens to the registration records?
Old 12th January 2012, 11:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
maverick145,
just an advice mate, if possible get the car repaired and sell it off. Its simply not worth fighting them in the court because they will not take it seriously there either, as I am finding out. The lawyer may promise you big things but it is a painfully slow process and by the time the case is decided, it will be time to sell off you vehicle because of its age. Sad state of affairs and companies take unfair advantage of this.
I am in no hurry actually. I have a backup vehicle and will probably buy another vehicle till the case goes on. I am not going to let these guys get away easily. I want to teach them a lesson too apart from recovering my money. I have collected enough evidence against them as of now. I also have a letter written and sealed by their Service Advisor that my vehicle cannot be repaired and it will give repeated engine related problems. My lawyer is also known to me personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation. I pray things become well soon.

I'm just wondering here; why exactly are you against a complete engine + assembly replacement? After all, wasn't that causing the issue? I also assume the entire thing is free of cost?

Also, some general possibly questions. In such a situation if one decides to go in for an engine replacement, what happens to the registration records?
I do not want to go for an engine assembly replacement because my vehicle has done only 1500 KMS. It does not make any sense for me to get the engine replaced in such a short period of time. These guys have already replaced the ECU also once. Too many issues within 1500 KMS has just made me lose my mind over the vehicle and I am not going to take a repaired one from them now. They are also acting like they are doing me a favour by replacing the engine.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Pls do write in to Autocar Magzine. Hormazd is of great help when it cones to company's giving a hard time to theor customers. Lets see wat happens.
Writing to the editor of the magazine in question will serve no purpose. Even if they do publish the problem, the very next month Hyundai would give it a huge sums of money in terms of advertisements and the issue would die a silent death.

This is how it works, if you send an e-mail to the magazine, one if its reporters will contact you just before the next edition of the magazine goes to press, requesting you to urgently send all the details. A small article would then be published beginning " Reader XYZ resident of ABC faced a major problem with i-20...." The following month, you will find the auto company carrying out a 10 page advertisement in the magazine. Please do not bother writing to these auto magazines, they will only make money out of your problem.

Drag the company to court over the issue. Their R n D team in India is useless and cannot rectify problem even after years of launching a vehicle. From a customer oriented company, HMIL has now gone to a money making one. Customer's voice and feedback are not given any importance in the company and HMIL continues to churn out un-safe cars.
Old 12th January 2012, 12:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I do not want to go for an engine assembly replacement because my vehicle has done only 1500 KMS. It does not make any sense for me to get the engine replaced in such a short period of time. These guys have already replaced the ECU also once. Too many issues within 1500 KMS has just made me lose my mind over the vehicle and I am not going to take a repaired one from them now. They are also acting like they are doing me a favour by replacing the engine.
I think in this case the court is your best bet. Because (keeping the defective product aside for a moment) Hyundai I believe are acting within their own right by repairing/replacing parts within warranty. Having said that, I am surprised they haven't had an engineer talk to you and TELL WHAT EXACTLY THE PROBLEM IS? I am not sure if they will replace the car as a whole.

The i20 is a great car and you've spent your money on a petrol car too, I hope justice is served.

Last edited by ssh1979 : 12th January 2012 at 12:26.
ssh1979 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks