Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 12:31   #31
BHPian

Re: New Hyundai I20 Petrol - Engine + ECU trouble - Car breaks down 1500 KMS

Don't send any emails. Don't write on any websites. Its all become common these days and i really wonder whether the heads at Hyundai will ever read that also. If your problem is to be heard, please send a legal notice immediately, heavily worded and also make sure that your lawyer adds a point to repay the money equal to the car value and also a heavy damage amount for all the mental harassment you have encountered. If possible please approach the Consumer Court. The case is in your favor. You can also recover the legal expenses from Hyundai too.

Do this exercise and see how fast you will be called.

Don't repent for having bought a car instead make them repent for having manufactured such a car.

All the best in all your efforts. Keep us updated.

Last edited by rki2007 : 12th January 2012 at 12:34.
rki2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 12:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick145 View Post
I am in no hurry actually. I have a backup vehicle and will probably buy another vehicle till the case goes on.
I am not going to let these guys get away easily. I want to teach them a lesson too apart from recovering my money. I have collected enough evidence against them as of now. I also have a letter written and sealed by their Service Advisor that my vehicle cannot be repaired and it will give repeated engine related problems.
You have enough proof and everything in your favour, only negative point is the time it may take for the case to come in your favour. Please do go for it then. When people start suing them from all over the country, only then will they realise not to take any customer or his complaints lightly. The SA would probably come begging to you now.

Good Luck .

Quote:
My lawyer is also known to me personally.
That's great. But please do weigh your option carefully. HMIL will probably try to bring up some warranty clause. Please do tell your lawyer about the Swift ZDi case, where Maruti replaced the vehicle after engine trouble and see whether it can be used against HMIL as well.
skanchan95 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 00:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

If you are heading to the consumer court then go for it and all the best, our wishes and support is always with you. You have a clear cut case and the judgement would definitely be in your favour, as you said you have a car at home to manage and get another while the case goes on then just have patience as it takes a lot of time in our country.

Every car can have niggles but ecu and engine troubles , on top of that the company isnt responding. Abhi, you and many owners have now complained that hyundai isnt responding to customer complaints, seems the long waiting lists have got to their heads.

Car is a machine, it can fail but after spending 8L no one would take lousy attitude from the company who treat us like they did a favor by selling the car.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 21:48   #34
BANNED

Please go over the article by GTO on the steps to be taken when you want to take up replacement of your car with the manufacturer / dealer. All the best, and here's hoping that the matter will be resolved at the earliest.
Old 25th January 2012, 01:24   #35
BHPian

After months of waiting for any positive or even apologetic response from Hyundai, I have finally got a legal notice sent to Hyundai regarding the issue. The notice has beeen sent to the owner of the dealership (Shivnath Hyundai), the General Manager of the dealership, the Managing Director of HMIL (Mr. H.W. Park), the warranty in-charge of the dealership, the Regional Service Head of HMIL and also to Mr. Arvind Saxena (Board Member and Director) of HMIL. All these people have been made respondents in the notice sent by my lawyer and all of them have been charged for providing deficiency in service and for selling defective goods.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Its action time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Please go over the article by GTO on the steps to be taken when you want to take up replacement of your car with the manufacturer / dealer. All the best, and here's hoping that the matter will be resolved at the earliest.
Please link me to the article here or on PM. Thanks.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:37   #36
BANNED

Quote:

Please link me to the article here or on PM. Thanks.
Here's the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ctive-car.html

Some points you should keep in mind:

1. Use all levels of escalation before resorting to legal steps. As you say you have given legal notices, it would be good not to take further legal action until you have exhausted all escalation options. You should escalate upto GM Service HMIL and the MD HW Park and see if there is a response before taking actual legal steps.

2. Be firm and state your points - never be impolite as it could become a personal issue queering the pitch completely.

3. Try and get the company to put its efforts to replace your car rather than putting its efforts to defend the case.

Read more on GTO's thread and wishing you all the best for a speedy resolution of your issue.
Old 25th January 2012, 12:22   #37
BHPian

I really don't know where this court case will head to - and what time this will take for you - commuting between home-office-court-lawyer.
I am saying the above just because of personal experience, a brand new 65k HP laptop conked out after 4 months of use - had to fight email/verbal/escalation fight with HP service guys for 5 months as they were not willing to replace the laptop. Finally had to go to consumer court, which despite the fact that I had everything in writing, everything documented - the whole court proceedings lasted for around 2 years. In the end I did received the laptop cost + 20k for harassment.
But my case was 60k - not 6L+ !!
All the very best - and hope this finishes off quickly.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Here's the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ctive-car.html

Some points you should keep in mind:

1. Use all levels of escalation before resorting to legal steps. As you say you have given legal notices, it would be good not to take further legal action until you have exhausted all escalation options. You should escalate upto GM Service HMIL and the MD HW Park and see if there is a response before taking actual legal steps.

2. Be firm and state your points - never be impolite as it could become a personal issue queering the pitch completely.

3. Try and get the company to put its efforts to replace your car rather than putting its efforts to defend the case.

Read more on GTO's thread and wishing you all the best for a speedy resolution of your issue.
Thanks mate. And yes I had already escalated the matter and had sent written letters to the MD of HMIL and all others mentioned above and I have copies of the letters with me too. There was no response from anybody and I took the legal step after waiting for more than a month. And of course I will be really polite but firm with them. I am not going to take their nonsense though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
I really don't know where this court case will head to - and what time this will take for you - commuting between home-office-court-lawyer.
I am saying the above just because of personal experience, a brand new 65k HP laptop conked out after 4 months of use - had to fight email/verbal/escalation fight with HP service guys for 5 months as they were not willing to replace the laptop. Finally had to go to consumer court, which despite the fact that I had everything in writing, everything documented - the whole court proceedings lasted for around 2 years. In the end I did received the laptop cost + 20k for harassment.
But my case was 60k - not 6L+ !!
All the very best - and hope this finishes off quickly.
I am sorry to hear about your ordeal but as I already mentioned time is not a factor for me. I am willing to sacrifice a lot of my time and money and everything else to teach these guys a good lesson. They cannot just take any consumer for granted and I have faith in our legal system even though its painfully slow.
Old 8th June 2022, 01:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate. And yes I had already escalated the matter and had sent written letters to the MD of HMIL and all others mentioned above and I have copies of the letters with me too. There was no response from anybody and I took the legal step after waiting for more than a month. And of course I will be really polite but firm with them. I am not going to take their nonsense though.
Bumping up an old thread. But wanted to know what finally happened after you sent the legal notices to Hyundai.

Most Viewed