Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 12:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which is better? Denting or replacing the part?

Dont leave it the way it is , i think for the most part the dent can be taken out by a decent denter and it will not cost that much either. As Aroy mentioned , there is a clear break in the paint at one end , you will need to get this fixed else rust might build up and it could spread to surrounding areas resulting in more chips coming off. do it while its a small job.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

If the dent is a minor one it is better to leave it as it is or just give it some minor cosmetic repair, replacing parts like boot or hood will reduce the resale value of the car.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:16   #63
Senior - BHPian

Why leave it , if its small dent then its better to fix it , and the kind he has is pretty common , some amount of time spent and it will be out. Between fixing it and changing it , yes its cheaper to get this fixed rather than replace it but no reason to leave it present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
If the dent is a minor one it is better to leave it as it is or just give it some minor cosmetic repair, replacing parts like boot or hood will reduce the resale value of the car.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Why leave it , if its small dent then its better to fix it , and the kind he has is pretty common , some amount of time spent and it will be out. Between fixing it and changing it , yes its cheaper to get this fixed rather than replace it but no reason to leave it present.
Some people may not like to leave their cars at local paint shops, doing the same touch-up job at authorized service center may cost almost half the price of the actual part! but yes I agree with you about the rusting part.

Edit: My 100th post on T-bhp

Last edited by giri1.8 : 24th September 2013 at 12:24.
Old 24th September 2013, 12:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Well that's not really a strong reason to not get it done , i am sure its possible to take out a few hours at some point and have the work supervised if that's what it takes , i can also tell you that supervision is needed or can be at an authorized workshop as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Some people may not like to leave their cars at local paint shops, doing the same touch-up job at authorized service center may cost almost half the price of the actual part! but yes I agree with you about the rusting part.

Edit: My 100th post on T-bhp
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Well that's not really a strong reason to not get it done , i am sure its possible to take out a few hours at some point and have the work supervised if that's what it takes , i can also tell you that supervision is needed or can be at an authorized workshop as well
I know few people who don't like to leave their car at paint shops(even few bhpians had similar opinion on few threads about about repainting). I usually take good care of my car and do all the required cosmetic repairs regularly
Old 24th September 2013, 15:43   #67
BHPian

Thanks a lot to everybody for taking time out and giving their feedback, I will go to MASS and get a quote from them, also anybody knows any good reliable workshop in Bangalore for this

Last edited by hungrygamer : 24th September 2013 at 15:47. Reason: added more ingo
Old 25th September 2013, 16:42   #68
BHPian

One more option I was thinking was the MyTVS all car service on whitefield road traffic signal , next to Dominoes pizza, anybody has any idea how their service is?
Old 24th May 2014, 21:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Our car took a nasty hit a few days ago and we're negotiating with the Surveyor. Its 7 years old so the surveyor says all metal & plastic parts are eligible for 50% depreciation and since its a Skoda the estimate is on the higher side. The workshop wants to replace front bumper,bonnet,fender,windshield and the left headlight. I'm attaching pics here for reference, can bonnet,fender be repaired or is replacement the only way to go about it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Which is better? Denting or replacing the part?-img_20140505_093344.jpg  

Which is better? Denting or replacing the part?-img_20140505_093334.jpg  

Old 24th May 2014, 22:34   #70
BHPian

Replace both Bonnet and fender. From the pics - their structural rigidity is damaged.

In case you repair, in future, even a slightest bump onto something else, where you normally expect the bumper to take the hit, will make both the bonnet and fender crumple.
Old 16th June 2014, 18:52   #71
BHPian

Bumping an old thread/topic, I finally got my car fixed at Bimal auto in mahadevpura, Had taken another hit in the bumper so anyways had to go to MASS, had to shell out for 2 insurance claims but overall satisfied with their service total charges including bonnet repair and painting and bumper replacement =4.7k

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks