Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 00:10   #46
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
OT, have not read about such niggles on ARIA yet (probably as they haven't sold many?) We will never know if Aria is better put together than XUV 5OO if people don't buy
OT on this thread, but let me help you with that
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html
Old 29th December 2011, 00:47   #47
BHPian

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
OT on this thread, but let me help you with that
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html
Ouch... This list is longer, and problems more serious. I dont understand whats the purpose of building a product cant be relied upon :(

God help us customers.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
Ouch... This list is longer, and problems more serious. I dont understand whats the purpose of building a product cant be relied upon :(

God help us customers.
That is the only reason you notice that our forum members have suggested to move away from Tata Products.

Well anybody and everybody makes mistakes. Please note that people are tolerant to mistakes in India, provided the same is rectified to the fullest satisfaction of the customer.

Mahindra has RMs in place, a strategy or a "face" to interact with for the 15 lac rupee white collared customer. RMs would ensure that White collared people do not have to interact with Mechanics / SAs to whom customer service is greek and latin. This is totally absent in the case of Tata, who is demanding equal amounts of money for Aria.

Eventhough there are Issues with XUV5oo, At least there is some light at the end of the tunnel, as Mahindra is at least acknowledging and fixing those issues.

In the case of indian21r's Aria, there was light at the end of the Tunnel, but it was that of an oncoming train. indian21r's aria was at Pune itself and looking at it the straight-forward way, Aria engineers should have come over to look at the issues and fix it at the earliest, since their plant is in Pune too. It was months before they resolved the issues.

Compared to XUV and Aria, the XUV customers are in a safer boat.
Old 30th December 2011, 12:47   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
That is the only reason you notice that our forum members have suggested to move away from Tata Products.

-----------Compared to XUV and Aria, the XUV customers are in a safer boat.
"My boat is sinking faster than yours!" is hardly any consolation, is it?

The point isn't whether Mahindra will or can fix the issues. I'm sure they can/will (at some point, hopefully). The point is; the vehicle is not upto standards, and the company is obviously ill-equipped to handle the issues cropping up. Delay in fixing complex electronic issues is understandable (not pardonable, however), but there's no excuse for the silly mechanical issues, which SHOULD NOT have been there at all.

Treating customers spending million+ rupees as guinea pigs is UNACCEPTABLE. Period. If you can't service a product, don't sell it.
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Treating customers spending million+ rupees as guinea pigs is UNACCEPTABLE. Period. If you can't service a product, don't sell it.
Agreed. This should be the industry benchmark, which most Japanese and German manufacturers follow.

In india in my 8 years of my career, never has a meeting started on time. I notice that people always wait for those who are late. If we wait for those who are late, what is there for the person who has respected the meeting and come on time?

Indian mindset and indian standards are not upto global industry standards. So given the indian mindset, Given a choice between Aria and XUV5oo, I would prefer XUV5oo as at least service is guaranteed.

Having said the above, If given me an open option to burn 15 lacs, i would buy a Japanese product (Read Toyota) with eyes closed.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:40   #51

I would like to add something to this thread. I own a Scorpio, and personally have had extremely bad experiences with Mahindra service centers.

I was at the NBS International Service center last week, and there was an XUV5OO owner screaming at the top of his lungs about the problems with the Gearbox in his Pearl White W8 AWD. It seems that Mahindra is seriously going downhill with respect to their after sales service.

Last edited by kzaveri19 : 2nd January 2012 at 17:51. Reason: forgot to add 'gearbox'
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Chetan, I am sorry but somewhere you miss a basic point - any manufacturer treating any paying customer as a guinea pig is unacceptable!!

(The part in bold, I fully agree)

A LOT of customers who buy 1.5-3L cars buy them by stretching the family finances and cutting on basic expenses like: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post2627211

At the same time, it is my opinion (I may be wrong) that the average 10L+ vehicle buyer is nowhere as financially stretched in buying his car (atleast in terms of absolute money in savings etc) as many 1st time Alto/M800/ Omni/ Eon buyers. Think of Do Dooni Chaar

Given that treating any customer as a guinea pig is a crime, treating small car customers can sometimes border on sheer cruelty.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. This should be the industry benchmark, which most Japanese and German manufacturers follow.
Good you have not mentioned Korean as we have numerous stories of i20 steering issues where they even don't accept that there is a problem.
In india in my 8 years of my career, never has a meeting started on time. I notice that people always wait for those who are late. If we wait for those who are late, what is there for the person who has respected the meeting and come on time?
Isn't we have been told and shown in movies that VIPs always come late.

Indian mindset and indian standards are not upto global industry standards. So given the indian mindset, Given a choice between Aria and XUV5oo, I would prefer XUV5oo as at least service is guaranteed.
Just like voting in Elections, least corrupt will get my vote.

Having said the above, If given me an open option to burn 15 lacs, i would buy a Japanese product (Read Toyota) with eyes closed.
Where is Toyota available in that price range, sir. Its -5/+5 Lacs from that budget. Infact no other comparable vehicle is available in that price range, that is why such a mad rush.

Now as expected M&M has already increased the prices of XUV500. But another example of Indian mentality is 50% of price increase for vehicles manufactured after 1st Jan 2012. Aadha tum bhugato Aadha hum bhugatenge or Naa teri naa meri 50-50 mein settle kar lete hain. (We will bear 50%, remaining you bear or Neither me nor you bear the total burden, let's settle it on 50-50)
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:21   #54
BHPian

Smart buyers never buy newly launched vehicles.

Wait for a year, let the manufacturer sort out the niggles and then buy.

Look at Aria, Etios and now this XUV 500. The first flush of pride in owning a new model turns to tears.

What is the present status of this SUV?

On what basis did T Bhp members vote this vehicle as a COTY? They never owned it, few drove it, most looked at the pics and read a few reviews here and there and got bowled over and voted blindly.

Last edited by nanduchitnis : 2nd January 2012 at 18:24.
nanduchitnis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:44   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
On what basis did T Bhp members vote this vehicle as a COTY? They never owned it, few drove it, most looked at the pics and read a few reviews here and there and got bowled over and voted blindly.
I agree, I did not vote, however, If I would have, I would have most certainly voted for the Maruti Swift. Its TRUE VFM backed by PHENOMENAL after sales service.
kzaveri19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Where is Toyota available in that price range, sir. Its -5/+5 Lacs from that budget. Infact no other comparable vehicle is available in that price range, that is why such a mad rush.
Now as expected M&M has already increased the prices of XUV500. But another example of Indian mentality is 50% of price increase for vehicles manufactured after 1st Jan 2012. Aadha tum bhugato Aadha hum bhugatenge or Naa teri naa meri 50-50 mein settle kar lete hain. (We will bear 50%, remaining you bear or Neither me nor you bear the total burden, let's settle it on 50-50)
I would like to buy an innova for 15 lacs rather than an XUV. With Innova i am guaranteed that it would not face any niggles.

To me cosmetic features like mood lighting dont appeal and i prefer not to have features (example Hill Hold) if it aint work. In a Toyota, I would use the "Half accelerator, half clutch" or Handbrake to ensure the vehicle holds on a slope.
Old 2nd January 2012, 19:46   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would like to buy an innova for 15 lacs rather than an XUV. With Innova i am guaranteed that it would not face any niggles.

To me cosmetic features like mood lighting dont appeal and i prefer not to have features (example Hill Hold) if it aint work. In a Toyota, I would use the "Half accelerator, half clutch" or Handbrake to ensure the vehicle holds on a slope.
It is the most confident statement I have ever come across for an automobile manufacturer even though I would definitely not agree with it. More surprisingly its come from a T-BHPian.
"Guaranteed against no niggles" is different thing then guaranteed against "niggles will be attented by qualified technicians in quick time."
Totoya is no saint, eg Etios, prodduct recalls.
Old 2nd January 2012, 20:07   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
It is the most confident statement I have ever come across for an automobile manufacturer even though I would definitely not agree with it.
"Guaranteed against no niggles" is different thing then guaranteed against "niggles will be attented by qualified technicians in quick time."
Totoya is no saint, eg Etios, prodduct recalls.
No body is a saint I agree to that.

With a Toyota i am rest assured that the door will shut properly everytime, There will be speedo-glass on the speedometer, All features will work as expected. Even if there is a niggle, it will be attended to promptly. this is called peace of mind.

I do not have this peace of mind with many other manufacturers and "Niggles with Toyota products" threads are least on this and other forums compared to other manufacturers.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 2nd January 2012 at 20:17.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:29   #59
BHPian

Its quite unfortunate to hear about this. However I respect the bold decision to buy a new car, and that too from a manufacturer who neve had put together a complicated vehicle as this.

I am sure this will be ironed out soon, as its really a huge negative PR for Mahindar and Co, which is trying to shed its half baked products image.
Old 3rd January 2012, 02:44   #60
BHPian

I really hope you get it sorted out.. The car is a killer on the road as far as Road presence is concerned. Its a pity if things are bad under the hood.. Do keep up the pressure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks