Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2015, 12:47   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
I am not much of a smiley guy, but this calls for and
Is OP a patient man? Hell Yeah!

@Hell Yeah- Mahindra delivered you a lemon and though they have done their fair bit to retain goodwill, the car is now at 85,000 km and it's a good time to sell it off and upgrade to something more reliable I think!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 17:46   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: My "not so great" experience with the Mahindra XUV5OO W8. Too many niggles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell yeah View Post
While I write this post, I know that XUV 5OO have won more & more awards, have changed the face of M&M both in domestic and international markets and are riding high & soaring.

Apparently they also launched a limited edition Xclusive with some cosmetic additions like sunroof etc. and if one was to believe the grape vine, they are launching a facelift in a few months.
Yeah and we're hoping that the sunroof doesn't collapse during heavy rainfall! We all know the episode of OEM alloy wheels, the silent recall, so quality & associated safety is always a BIG question mark!
Quote:
My visits to service centres continue. Until last September, the car was under warranty and hence my interests were covered:

1) My music system was replaced atleast thrice
2) Chiller box was replaced twice
3) Entire centre console was replaced once
4) AC parts had to be replaced twice
5) They have not been able to do anything about the door on the passenger side
6) Gear box was replaced once
7) Brake pads were replaced twice (that owes to the wear and tear and usage I presume)
8) Shock absorbers have not been of great quality since day 1
9) Dash board has been replace once and the storage space above the console has been replace thrice
10) LED lights had to be replaced once (within 3 months of buying the car) and headlights twice (once it was done for free on my insistence and once I had to pay)

Wow... almost a brand new car with all the above replacements!!
Definitely a new car. I think they've run out of options of what to replace next!
Quote:
Recently got 80,000 kms service done which costed me Rs 21,000/- as had to replace certain parts as the warranty has expired.
Biggest reason to sell it off as soon as possible.
Quote:
M&M is definitely committed for customer satisfaction. Mr Anand Mahindra's immediate response is a testimony to the fact that they take customer satisfaction seriously. In fact when I was going through all these problems earlier, as a compensation M&M fitted a carrier and side steps in the car, accessories worth almost Rs 40,000/-.
From what I read, M&M was most definitely NOT being a customer centric company. If the top bosses have to lash out their DRs to get the job done then its downright pathetic!

If someone doesn't have a twitter account today they are simply at the mercy of the dealers, not a pretty sight.

Quote:
Again I repeat, that probably I was the lesser fortunate one to get a defective car from the word go
It definitely looks like you had a defective car but I'm really surprised how you are so content in spite of all the troubles you went through. Most likely because you had a 2nd or 3rd car in the garage as an alternative. Imagine the plight of someone who buys an XUV5OO as their only car and then sees their "Fully Loaded Modern SUV" sitting in the service center 1/3rd of the time.
Old 13th May 2015, 16:01   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Yeah and we're hoping that the sunroof doesn't collapse during heavy rainfall! We all know the episode of OEM alloy wheels, the silent recall, so quality & associated safety is always a BIG question mark!

Definitely a new car. I think they've run out of options of what to replace next!

Biggest reason to sell it off as soon as possible.

From what I read, M&M was most definitely NOT being a customer centric company. If the top bosses have to lash out their DRs to get the job done then its downright pathetic!

If someone doesn't have a twitter account today they are simply at the mercy of the dealers, not a pretty sight.

It definitely looks like you had a defective car but I'm really surprised how you are so content in spite of all the troubles you went through. Most likely because you had a 2nd or 3rd car in the garage as an alternative. Imagine the plight of someone who buys an XUV5OO as their only car and then sees their "Fully Loaded Modern SUV" sitting in the service center 1/3rd of the time.
Sir, this is the only car I have in my garage and my primary mode of transport. I do not even own a 2-wheeler. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is OP a patient man? Hell Yeah!

@Hell Yeah- Mahindra delivered you a lemon and though they have done their fair bit to retain goodwill, the car is now at 85,000 km and it's a good time to sell it off and upgrade to something more reliable I think!
Dear @noopster, thank you very much! Am actually looking for an upgrade, which happens to be either Endeavor or Fortuner, none have the array of features that XUV offers!

Cheers,
Rup

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th May 2015 at 16:07. Reason: Consecutive posts merged. Please wait for the moderator to approve your posts. Thanks!

Most Viewed