Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 05:29   #1
BHPian

New AC making noise

I have a STD maruti Alto. Just few weeks ago i fitted an AC Sanden Compressor (R134) and Subros fittings. The biggest mistake i made by not fitting it MASS showroom .

I get a grawling sound as soon as i switch on the ac. The mechanic told me that the sound will be gone after some usage. I have driven atleast 1000 km with the AC on but find no difference. The sound is high when the compressor starts working.

When i try to concentrate on the sound the sound comes from the cooling coil side. The noise is distinct n clear inside the vehicle whereas its not noticeable outside the vehicle. One more thing i noticed is that my head light flickers at time when the compressor starts.

I am really confused now. Some please suggest me what i need to check/ probable reason for the noise.
Old 16th March 2006, 07:08   #2
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Possible reason for noise...
1) A/c compressor touching the body.
2) Bad compressor (I can't be sure about this though)

Check the belt and the bolts of the compressor.

Did the mechanic put proper amount of gas??
Also did he put the compressor oil?? (local guys normally don't, MASS always does)

Cooling coil making THAT noise is not normally possible....

Your headlight flickers.. once?.... I guess that’s normal... though its very slight in stock a/cs but its there.

Quote:
The biggest mistake i made by not fitting it MASS showroom
I AGREE!... if you have to get an a/c why not get a Alto with a/c model.

We did the same mistake on one of our 800s... thinking that after market a/c is more effective ... but *** the engine started to pack up at 60k kms!!
Old 22nd March 2006, 05:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks SLK,
The mechanic had added Compressor oil during the installation. Checked the nuts bolts n the Belt again.
The sound to some extent has reduced unlike before without any changes. Now the sound is abit less n occurs only when the AC is started. I sometimes get a squeak sound from the cooling coils side, is the AC filter choked.
Could this be due to new compressor ?

Please let me know how to find if the compressor is defective

What i am planning to do now see different authorized AC mechanic n take their feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks