Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2006, 16:18   #16
BHPian

Maybe there is some truth to the rumour going around about Maruti stopping Baleno production. This would explain the huge discount......pure speculation....

~Nitin
Old 21st March 2006, 17:23   #17
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic
Maybe there is some truth to the rumour going around about Maruti stopping Baleno production.
Where?...
zen is rumoured to go.... no hint of esteem or baleno...(baleno just got a face lift!!!)
Old 21st March 2006, 20:27   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv
Mclaren, how did you manage to get the dealer to give you this kind of a discount...

Here in hyderabad, they are talking about 65-70K of discounts. I wish I could get the dealers to give me abt 90K of discounts.
Discounts that i got are :

1. 22k discount as in free insurance ..
2. 25k gift cheque for accessories etc ...
3. 9k slash with the new prices coming to effect today ..
4. 15k corporate discount ..
5. Free MGA fog lamps worth 14k ..
6. 4k discount as i didnt want extended warranty ..
7. Got an additional 5k discount ..
Total discount = INR 94k .. I think its quite a good deal .. Could have bargained for free sunfilm or free nippon security system , but decided to spare the showroom guys for they stuck to thier words and delivered the car ON TIME .. That is within 1 day of the booking ..
Old 23rd March 2006, 22:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Filcord, the silencer-tail-pipe which you mentioned that is getting scraped.....do i need to get it replaced after certain period? or it has no operational/efficiency impact?
The scraping has happened about four times in the last six months I have had the Baleno. Mainly happened going into my car-port where there is a slight hump. I have now learnt the trick of going in slowly. So far no more problems.
Old 24th March 2006, 13:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Discounts that i got are :

3. 9k slash with the new prices coming to effect today ..
4. 15k corporate discount ..
5. Free MGA fog lamps worth 14k ..
6. 4k discount as i didnt want extended warranty ..
7. Got an additional 5k discount ..
Mclaren,

Did the dealer reduce the invoice price of the vehicle with these discounts leading to reduction in the road tax and also the insurance? Guessing that was the additional 5K. The dealers in hyderabad are offering

3. 10k corporate discount ..
4. 10k discount dealer discount..

That is only 68K. One has to haggle a lot for this 68K itself here. How did you get the dealer to throw the foglamps for free?
Old 24th March 2006, 18:27   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv
Mclaren,

Guessing that was the additional 5K.

The dealers in hyderabad are offering

3. 10k corporate discount ..
4. 10k discount dealer discount..

That is only 68K. One has to haggle a lot for this 68K itself here. How did you get the dealer to throw the foglamps for free?
Oh well , i cant openly say what that additional 5k discount was ?? But it isnt what u think it is .. RNS was pretty happy to see me wanting to be a returning customer after the incident with my zen .. Maybe that could be one of the reasons ..

Coming to the discounts at hyd ,
U could haggle the dealer to give u 15k corporate discount .. However a few dealers in bangy too are offering just 10k .. I didnt want the extended warranty so u can effectively cut that 4k out too ..

10k dealer discount ?? Wonder whats that for ??

Well actually my booking date was 3 days prior to the slash in prices , however they were kind enough to give me that 9k discount too ..

Well regarding the fogs , i asked (insisted should be the right word) for it and they gave .. Maybe bcoz i might be a very important customer to them ... My family has bought 5 cars from them in the last 1 year ..

Well if they arent willing to give u the fogs u could ask them to rope in a free spoiler/security system/sunfilm ... I could have negoed for free sunfilm too but didnt as it would have been an overkill ..

PS : I think v1p3r and myself might be the only two guys in the history of MUL to get free fogs .. LOL ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th March 2006 at 18:30.
Old 30th March 2006, 00:49   #22

can someone tell me how does one go about gettting these corporate and dealer discounts.
i plan to pick up a baleno vxi in noida in couple of months and they too just advertize 22k free insurance and 25k gift cheque.

how do u guys get these corporate, dealer discounts etc.?
Old 30th March 2006, 00:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshu22
can someone tell me how does one go about gettting these corporate and dealer discounts.
i plan to pick up a baleno vxi in noida in couple of months and they too just advertize 22k free insurance and 25k gift cheque.

how do u guys get these corporate, dealer discounts etc.?
dealer discounts are got by pure haggling and manipulating. for example you can quote a lower figure and say that this was quoted by x showroom, and tell him if you can't i will go to that dealer and vice versa...

corporate discounts are given if your company has a tie up with maruti..

mainly big organizations and mnc's do have a tie up and can fetch you a sizeable cash discount.

companies like hp, infy, dell, ge etc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks