Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 14:20   #31

Re: Question about damaged alloy wheels & insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you don't mind can you tell us how the process was and how things went in your favour to get the issue solved altogether?

Anurag.
Okay, there were ups and downs. But in summary here is what I had to go thru.

Upon the accident (middle of the night), I got my Audi towed to their service shop. Next day Audi service called me to acknowledge that the car indeed reached them and acknowledged the lapses in Audi assist (the service which is supposed to help me while stranded). I had written to Joe King (the CEO of Audi India) on it. I will have to write up the details on the lapes in a seperate thread.

Audi service examined the car and wrote to me that the alloys and wheels needs to be replaced and the surveyor is going to visit them the next day. Surveyor visited them 2 days later and over phone acknowleged that these will be taken care of. Audi ordered the parts based on surveyor's verbal assurance and told me that it will take like 10 days (seriously?) for it to arrive.

Few days later, as if wisdom dawned late for the insurance company, they called me to say that they have a super idea - and that is to repair the alloy as against replacing it. I screamed at their new found plan and told them that it is a non starter.

They went back to the drawing board and again after few days told me that they would replace the alloy - but I have to bore the salve cost. That is when I (based out of an advice given in this thread), I told them that they need to give me a notarized statement that it is the I have no option but to pay the salvage. He told me - "We are like this only" and that "All insurance companies work this way". To which I put my feet down and asked for this in writing.

The insurance company then called me to say that whey would want to show the salvage cost in the final settlement but I dont have to pay it and they will sell it themselves. I told them that I will think about it.

Finally, no salvage cost was added, alloys were replaced. Happy ending.

Hope this helps.
rajeshckr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 12:47   #32
BHPian

Just wanted to share a frustrating experience with TATA-AIG for replacement of alloy wheels of my Jetta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4436028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
I recently had a very bad claim approval experience with Tata AIG.

Two weeks ago, while coming back from Pune to Mumbai on Monday morning, the Navi Mumbai stretch of the Mumbai - Bangalore National Highway wreaked havoc with its huge craters (NOT potholes). So much so that it was covered in the media as well. My Jetta went on one BIG crater and the front right alloy got bent enough for all of the air to leak. When I stopped at a local tyre shop, I found that the left rear alloy was also bent. Must have been from one of the many potholes on the road. Next stop VW ASS, where we found that the rear right alloy is also bent. So to summarise, front right alloy had a huge deformation and the two rear alloys were also bent.

The TATA AIG surveyor found a crack in the front right alloy and immediately said that it will be replaced. However, he will only recommend repair of the two rear alloy wheels and not replacement. To this, I got furious and told him that even VW does not recommend repair of alloy wheels. He said that he will get back to me with a decision in a day or two. 2 days pass and there is no communication from their end. So I called the surveyor on 2nd day evening and was told that I will get the decision by morning of the 3rd day. Well... 4 days pass and still no communication. So I called the surveyor again and asked him to let me talk to his senior. The senior first of all acted as if he knew nothing of my case. I got a little furious but explained him the entire story all over again. He then said that Tata-AIG have repaired alloy wheels in the past and that my case with the 2 rear alloys was no different. I then talked to the VW body shop advisor, who told me that VW will never recommend repair of alloy wheels but, he will not give that to me in writing. Just goes to show how deeply the insurance system has corrupted our auto industry.

Whatever happens next, one thing is for sure. I am NOT going to have any relationship with Tata-AIG anymore. Despite the big brands, they acted like conmen to me. Which insurance company would use "Jugaad" on an expensive and critical component such as an alloy wheel and risk the hardness / overall chemical integrity and therefore the safety?

I am still fighting this out with them but I am leaning towards finding Jetta wheels on OLX / scrap market and just not take insurance help with this at all.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 15:38   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
Just wanted to share a frustrating experience with TATA-AIG for replacement of alloy wheels of my Jetta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4436028
Try the higher officials and if that fails use http://www.policyholder.gov.in/Report.aspx
mithun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 14:56   #34
BHPian

Guys I need some help!!

About 10 days back I noticed that the rear wheel of my 6GT had low pressure so I decided to go to a nearby tyre shop to get the wheel checked. They told me that the alloy is cracked. Upon further inspection of all the other wheels, I also saw the front alloy bent.

I sent the car immediately to the service centre and informed the insurance company - ICICI Lombard.
After being in touch with them from over a week - yesterday I was told that the claim has been denied.
In the past week - first they said that the alloy can not be covered as there is no "apparent" accident. Then they said that the alloy which has a crack - doesn't have a bend so it can not be covered. When enquired about the one with the bend - they said it can happen because of low tyre pressure which they can not cover. Although when asked - they said "ho sakta hai ki air pressure kum ho" and bends happen in normal driving anyway.
When we got the rear alloy (cracked) checked on the balancing machine - the bend was visible and they said it's only visible when its on the machine.
From past one week their representative has been asking for more time and every time claiming that he is going out of his way to try and cover the alloy - which I don't think is the case. All this while they also tried to pass the ball by saying that it might be a quality issue.

totally frustrated now as they have no logical reasoning to deny the claim - so reaching out to you brethren to give me some clarity on how to go about handling this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks