View Poll Results: Are you upgrading?
Yes- I will go in for the GC Upgrade kit 21 33.87%
No-Current set up suits my needs 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 11:06   #76
BHPian

Re: Official ground clearance upgrade package for Linea/Punto @ Rs. 10,000

I got the 'increased GC kit' installed on my punto after it had completed 75k. Handling remains largely the same. There seems to be a little more body roll at higher speeds but the difference is almost negligible.
In my opinion, the kit is well worth the money, and overall, the Punto retains the dynamics we all love it for.

If any of you want pictures/comprehensive review, do let me know.
Old 5th March 2013, 11:56   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
I got the 'increased GC kit' installed on my punto after it had completed 75k. Handling remains largely the same. There seems to be a little more body roll at higher speeds but the difference is almost negligible.
In my opinion, the kit is well worth the money, and overall, the Punto retains the dynamics we all love it for.

If any of you want pictures/comprehensive review, do let me know.
How much did you pay for the parts and labor.

thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 12:00   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Its better you go for the GC kit rather than going for the replacement of front suspension studs. In GC kit i think all the four suspension studs will be changed. If the GC kit is the same price for the two studs then its better to go for the GC kit. In this way you can save the price of the back suspension studs.
Cost is almost same according to the service engineer, so GC upgrade seems to be teh better option here. But what is the difference from all other angles?

i am basically looking for pros and Cons of upgrading.

- Driveability on highways? any difference there?
- Steering whel?
- What is going to be the new GC after upgrade?

Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 11:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine upgraded the suspensions of his Linea Emotion MJD a few months ago. He says, ever since this upgrade, the rear tyres are losing the pressure drastically. He keeps checking the tyre pressure every month. Usually the front tyres have a pressure of 29-30 PSI, but the rear tyres have only 19-20 PSI.

Last weekend, he left the car parked for 3 days. Since air did not leak out from rear tyres, there is no possibility of puncture.

Has anyone else experienced this kinda loss of tyre pressure?
Old 26th March 2013, 11:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A friend of mine upgraded the suspensions of his Linea Emotion MJD a few months ago. He says, ever since this upgrade, the rear tyres are losing the pressure drastically. He keeps checking the tyre pressure every month. Usually the front tyres have a pressure of 29-30 PSI, but the rear tyres have only 19-20 PSI.

Last weekend, he left the car parked for 3 days. Since air did not leak out from rear tyres, there is no possibility of puncture.

Has anyone else experienced this kinda loss of tyre pressure?
GC upgrade,has nothing to do with tyres losing air.
All they change is shockers and springs,how can it lead to air loss from tyres
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 11:48   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I faced a similar problem in our Civic, later we found a minor crack in sidewalls. When ever it is driven without much load, there won't be any change in tyre pressure. When loaded with 3 or 4 passengers, tyre pressure falls down drastically (from 30 psi to 12~17psi)

There are possibilities of tyre damage during suspension upgrade (some sharp object hit, etc) Inflate the tyres to higher pressure (40 psi) and check for air leak (water immersion)
Old 14th May 2013, 13:36   #82
BHPian

All, My Punto is in Vectra FIAT, Hosur road for GC upgrade today (05/14/2013). I left the my baby there in the morning around 9 AM and back to office. But i left my mind there i guess, cuz i cant stop thinking about her. What is happening to my car right now? and kinda curious about how it will be post upgrade?.

I am even thinking of taking a half day off today to go see how she is getting taller.

The cost service advisor mentioned is 10, 000.00 + 3, 000.00 for GC upgrade and 5, 500/- for battery replace.

Eagerly waiting for the evening.
Old 17th May 2013, 12:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
All, My Punto is in Vectra FIAT, Hosur road for GC upgrade today (05/14/2013).
Hello VinZ,
Any updates on the GC upgrade? How has it affected the ride & handling. Do post pics!
Regards,
Varun
Old 17th May 2013, 16:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello VinZ,
Any updates on the GC upgrade? How has it affected the ride & handling. Do post pics!
Regards,
Varun

Done only 50 KM in city post upgrade so no update on long drives. but it's worth the money, i see a good difference in handling her and how she handles the pot holes and speed breakers.

She really feels taller when we get inside. I never thought 20 mm could make me feel such a difference.

Steering - i felt a bit harder that before, but neglegible
Handling - Good improvement
Riding - Feels better and she doesnt shake much now.

My wife said "It really feels taller and the car doesnt shake much now.. feels good". What else you want to hear from a wife huh?

Including VAT and labour it cost me close to 14500/-
~~VinZ~~ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 15:26   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Done only 50 KM in city post upgrade so no update on long drives. but it's worth the money, i see a good difference in handling her and how she handles the pot holes and speed breakers.

Including VAT and labour it cost me close to 14500/-
Hello VinZ,
Thanks a lot My friend is thinking of getting the upgrade done on his Punto too. This will help him a lot. Could you kindly post scanned copies of the final jobcard/bill, for the benefit of all of us.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 18th May 2013, 15:57   #86
Team-BHP Support

Is there an official downgrade kit at similar prices? For those who want to get the earlier lower springs on their 2012 cars?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 16:47   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Is there an official downgrade kit at similar prices? For those who want to get the earlier lower springs on their 2012 cars?
Yes. Not sure if it is 'official' from Fiat, but FASS offers reversal also for almost the same cost if not lesser.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 16:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is no kit,but you can opt for parts,and it will cost almost the same.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:12   #89
BANNED

got the GC kit in my MJD punto. Initial impressions are mixed bag. Handling- more or less the same, no change noticed. Ride- not very pleased, though not too bad, but it's transmitting feedback of road irregularities inside cabin more than what it used to do earlier.
If somebody is interested in my car' original suspension components, they can PM me. I have a pair of front dampers (not leaking),one front stabilizer bar, and a pair of rear dampers(leaking). That make it an official second hand downgrade kit for punto mjd.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 23:21   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
i just checked for linea and he gave a ballpark figure for front shocker to be around 2.8K,which cant be true imho as the kit costs 11K with 4 shockers and springs
Can you confirm the parts that were changed as part of the GC upgrade kit? I want to change the suspension of my Punto that came with high GC to the older/lower GC setup but the Fiat Service Center has advised me that only 4 struts + 1 Anti-Roll bar need to be changed. They are confident that the springs on both are the same. Could you please confirm?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks