Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:24   #16
BHPian

Re: FIAT spare parts issue... WHY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I guess Concorde is the company dealer right? We have a Concorde here, though quite far from my place.
Should I call them and ask if they have this part in their stock? I guess Fortune would have already done that.
Would suggest you to give it a try. In my case, the SA at TVS tried to source it through Concorde but I guess unless the vehicle is with Concorde, they may not go the extra mile to source it on the vehicle off road category for a car at the other service station.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:28   #17
BANNED

I have had the same issues procuring parts at MASS for my car . Items such as even Shockabsorbers needs to be ordered and takes about 10-15 days and i have to call back to check time and again. I am in delhi and car gets serviced at Maruti Service Master .
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:20   #18
BHPian

I think with Fiat you might go through both extremes. My Palio Stile needed a wheel bearing replacement, took the car to TASS expecting a reply "no stock". But to my surprise they had the bearing in stock and I got the car back the same day. I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
nkg77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:39   #19
BHPian

The following are pending for my Tjet since 2/Feb. Order placed by Concorde Chennai on 2/Feb but yet to get the same from FIAT.

1. Wiper Blades
2. Driver side Seat belt lock
3. Link Rods

All of the above are under warranty and i have to wait if i want to get it free of cost else i can source it from Kava automobile, Mumbai where the parts are readily available on payment.
Old 24th February 2012, 00:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It cannot be because of the tray. Even I have an aftermarket MDF tray to hold speakers but in many Puntos which are stock, the panel has come loose.

Thats a generic flaw in the Punto.
I would think so too. A 90HP Punto display car parked in a showroom here had the left hand side rear (C Pillar) panel completely hanging loose.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

I and my colleague are looking to buy hatch in 6-7L range. So daily when i get some time i visit team bhp and read some reviews. Today i open with Fiat Punto in mind and open team bhp and the first thread i see is this one. Looking at this problem of delay in getting simple component, i have decided to go against my heart which still says "Punto Punto".Sorry no Fiat Punto for me. My friend was 90% sure of buying a Punto but surely will reconsider his decision when he reads this thread.

We currently have MSIL vehicles. We never ever waited for any parts unless its rare part like Petrol tank. That too MASS got within 2 days from Bangalore dealer. Now after going through such quick responses by MSIL, I am sure we will be frustrated later if a small part failure in Punto makes us wait for like 2-3 weeks. non-critical part fails, still fine but imagine keeping car in garage for 2-3 weeks paying EMI

I thought Fiat after launching 2012 model has improved a lot but looks like they are still the same. Really sad to see this happening for excellent engine, fun to drive, cute looking Punto
Old 24th February 2012, 02:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

I guess this issue is A.S.S specific.
My Linea went through major front suspension work after a shunt.
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
Old 24th February 2012, 02:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Guys hold on, please tell me something here, all the car manufacturers and dealers have an ONLINE inventory system right?

one day i was at RKS Saboo maruti nampally, i had to replace the broken plastic holders that holds the hings of my rear seat [not the bottom bench but the pad that supports our backs] this is a real rare part as it is almost non moving.

the guy in the spare part inventory section could literally see on screen with which dealer and location/area had this part available. i found the right side part with ACER Maruti Motors and another at SABOO maruti malakpet branch.

i was happy to got buy them both the same day and got it replaced. thus disappeared my final rattle i had in the car, Mind you this was more than a year ago.

Now i am seriously put down if any of the TATA or FIAT service advisers cant do this for FIAT owners!!!

so this goes to show this is entirely the SA's/DEALER's fault? or in case if FIAT doesnt have this online inventory management system then its FIAT'S own DAMNED fault, in any given case what would maintaining a system like this going to cost them in comparison to the long term name they might build or a worthy try to redeem themselves while they still can???

It is still the fiat fan/customer, {yeah fan because those who buy fiat are very few and many of them enthusiasts who still have a hope FIAT would come around.} who takes the brunt and suffers right?

in case they do have this system then i suggest you request or insist if necessary if the wait has been long to show the customer where this part is available and/or atleast get a copy of the order placed for the part at least.
Old 24th February 2012, 05:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy
I thought Fiat after launching 2012 model has improved a lot but looks like they are still the same. Really sad to see this happening for excellent engine, fun to drive, cute looking Punto
I still rate Punto a better product, having seen the ownership experience of friends who own i20, swift and Punto.

Agree not finding parts in time can be frustrating, but its not that bad in Bangalore. The joy you experience everytime the suspension soaks up a pothole silently, or when u brake hard and car comes to a confident stop, will more than make up for any A** issues.

I regularly drive my friends Punto and will be booking mine shortly
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 07:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

I guess for the "out of the world" driving experience even FIAT parts are coming from "out of the world"; so the delay. Some habits die hard or don't die at all. I think a FIAT owner in India has to be made of very 'stern' stuff to put up with the vagaries of the service dished up by the FIAT/Tata combine. Keep hoping against hope that some day that FIAT will get it's act together, only God knows when that day will finally come (after all these decades of existence in India).

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th February 2012 at 07:23.
Old 24th February 2012, 07:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would they need to import wheel bearings? The cars are made in India right?

I do remember that the workshop manager had asked me whether my car is ABS or non-ABS... does cars equipped with ABS have different wheel bearings?
You never know. If they can import those cheap Italian speakers, a wheel bearing could be easily, an imported unit.

Heck, some of the wiring harness, wiper motors are imported.

It should be no different for cars with or without ABS. Makes no sense.

Yes; the cars are made in India.
Old 24th February 2012, 08:51   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
and all the parts including wheel bearings,shockers,lower arms,link rods,ABS sensor-everything was readily available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
There is a big chance of this happening.

When I wanted to get my armrest fitted and make some more modifications, I wanted some spare parts.
I went to 3 different centres and got all parts...if one was available in one centre the other was available in another.
The online system was only for one dealer..for example prerana can't see what is with concorde.
But one prerana can see the parts in all preranas...I got info from them and went to the specific centre and got the parts.
One shocking incident was in a prerana A.S.S. When i went inside the receptionist told me that they don't have any spares when just one counter behind her was the spares counter

If this was the case with my relatively small parts for cosmetic makeover, my colleague's Linea which was rear-ended badly came out of the A.S.S gleaming-new in just 15 days that too from a relatively not-so-good delaer KHT.

So we can't generalise IMO...also bear in mind Compared to other OEM's...these dealers have to stock parts for two different brands in the same location.
This is the price I pay for a wonderful product and I've now learnt to live with it
Old 24th February 2012, 09:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very much true. After owning Hyundai and Fiat, still I would rate Fiat A.S.S. to be better than Hyundai. I had worst of the experience with Hyundai service in my 4 year ownership of Getz.
Old 24th February 2012, 10:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

GUYS, ONE CLARIFICATION - I still love my FIAT. The purpose of this thread is not to dissuade anyone from buying a FIAT. I still believe that if anyone can live with such issues related to the A.S.S., Punto is still the best hatch to buy in that segment IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I have had the same issues procuring parts at MASS for my car . Items such as even Shockabsorbers needs to be ordered and takes about 10-15 days and i have to call back to check time and again. I am in delhi and car gets serviced at Maruti Service Master .
So is it like 2-3 weeks is normal for parts to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
I think with Fiat you might go through both extremes. My Palio Stile needed a wheel bearing replacement, took the car to TASS expecting a reply "no stock". But to my surprise they had the bearing in stock and I got the car back the same day. I think it all boils down to the service center keeping adequate stock.
+10. As i stated before, my friend got the bearing the same day itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The following are pending for my Tjet since 2/Feb. Order placed by Concorde Chennai on 2/Feb but yet to get the same from FIAT.

1. Wiper Blades
2. Driver side Seat belt lock
3. Link Rods

All of the above are under warranty and i have to wait if i want to get it free of cost else i can source it from Kava automobile, Mumbai where the parts are readily available on payment.
Same here. Its not that the parts are unavailable. I am very sure I will get these easily from outside but then I will have to pay for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
I and my colleague are looking to buy hatch in 6-7L range. So daily when i get some time i visit team bhp and read some reviews. Today i open with Fiat Punto in mind and open team bhp and the first thread i see is this one. Looking at this problem of delay in getting simple component, i have decided to go against my heart which still says "Punto Punto".Sorry no Fiat Punto for me. My friend was 90% sure of buying a Punto but surely will reconsider his decision when he reads this thread.
Hi buddy, I am not sure how FIAT will respond in case my car was stuck in the A.S.S. & immobile. Maybe we can expect a faster response then, I am not sure. Since my car is running perfectly fine, except the noise, I guess they are taking their time this time.

But yes, after the excellent standards of service by Maruti & Toyota, we are spoiled & such delays are definitely not acceptable.

Good luck to your friend.

Quote:
I guess the first thing that an A.S.S. must do when the part is not available is that check with other local dealers. That is what Mahindra does.

I dont know about FIAT. I gave my car to Fortune, who is supposedly one of the best A.S.S. in Mumbai. They have a dedicated separate team for FIAT cars only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I still rate Punto a better product, having seen the ownership experience of friends who own i20, swift and Punto.

Agree not finding parts in time can be frustrating, but its not that bad in Bangalore. The joy you experience everytime the suspension soaks up a pothole silently, or when u brake hard and car comes to a confident stop, will more than make up for any A** issues.

I regularly drive my friends Punto and will be booking mine shortly
I agree. I am not at all denying that the Punto is an excellent product.

But this is a perfect case of a good product being unaccepted because of the lack of support from the manufacturer.

Only if FIAT had it's dedicated service centres...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I guess for the "out of the world" driving experience even FIAT parts are coming from "out of the world"; so the delay. Some habits die hard or don't die at all. I think a FIAT owner in India has to be made of very 'stern' stuff to put up with the vagaries of the service dished up by the FIAT/Tata combine. Keep hoping against hope that some day that FIAT will get it's act together, only God knows when that day will finally come (after all these decades of existence in India).
Since the cars are entirely assembled in India, why would they need to import parts? Wont they have enough stock in their plant? Just a noob query!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
You never know. If they can import those cheap Italian speakers, a wheel bearing could be easily, an imported unit.

Heck, some of the wiring harness, wiper motors are imported.

It should be no different for cars with or without ABS. Makes no sense.

Yes; the cars are made in India.
I confirmed that Puntos equipped with ABS have different wheel bearings, dont know the reason though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The online system was only for one dealer..for example prerana can't see what is with concorde.
But one prerana can see the parts in all preranas...I got info from them and went to the specific centre and got the parts.
Now that's a shocker & its very very pathetic that Fiat/TATA cant have a centralized system.

Quote:
So we can't generalise IMO...also bear in mind Compared to other OEM's...these dealers have to stock parts for two different brands in the same location.
This is the price I pay for a wonderful product and I've now learnt to live with it
+10. I am very happy with the car but GOD forbid if something major happens, I dread to imagine that I might have to leave my car in the A.S.S. for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Very much true. After owning Hyundai and Fiat, still I would rate Fiat A.S.S. to be better than Hyundai. I had worst of the experience with Hyundai service in my 4 year ownership of Getz.
I always though Hyundai has the second best A.S.S. after Maruti.
Old 24th February 2012, 11:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I always though Hyundai has the second best A.S.S. after Maruti.
Well. Its definitely better with Maruti. But, still its all about the dealers too. My friend's Dezire which met with an major accident was delivered to him after 4 months at the Maruti Service Station at Pondicherry. This too after lots and lots escalations and he even threatenend them with the legal action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks