Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2013, 18:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Pathetic service experience from Fiat

nihasbabu,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Pls shoot a mail to mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com

He is the Customer Service Manager at FIAT and is a very helpful person.
lloydofcochin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 20:36   #62
Senior - BHPian

It is a known issue with Fiat A.S.S. I wonder whether they got so much busy with inaugurating dealerships after dealerships that they forgot to improve the spares supply chain.
When will Fiat ever wake up from deep slumber.
We are back to square one by following this, posting on T-BHP to (mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com) email route.
Why Fiat why?
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 00:13   #63
BHPian

You should ask the dealer to share the order number with you. In all probability, the order hasn't been placed or would have been placed much later than what they told you (standard modus operandi for Tata affiliates). Highly unlikely that the parts wouldn't have arrived by now if the order was placed and paid for three weeks ago. Write to Mangesh with this info.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 11:42   #64
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The vehicle although popular with purist and enthusiasts, sells in few numbers. So not suprised that the service-center is not adequately stocked. Feel bad for you, but I doubt the situation would be any different at most other service centers.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

3 weeks of waiting is not much, Marina seems to be a single dealer in which case it's not worth their while to stock accident replacement parts. To give you an example, an Innova which went through a similar crash is still being repaired after 2 months, so any brand will have similar issues.
Fiat sells about 600 cars a month, its no surprise that the ASC doesn't have anything in stock other than consummables for regular servicing.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 14:17   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihasbabu View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpians, This is my first ever detailed post in Team Bhp. But unfortunately this post is based on my bad experience with my favorite brand "FIAT".
You might want to post a link to your experience in this thread too: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-speak-22.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th June 2013, 15:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

As Carwatcher has suggested put a mail to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. It is a sure shot way to get your problems solved at Fiat. You may also contact at Pawan dot Yadav at fiapl dot com, he is the incharge of spares supply to the dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The vehicle although popular with purist and enthusiasts, sells in few numbers. So not suprised that the service-center is not adequately stocked. Feel bad for you, but I doubt the situation would be any different at most other service centers.
These are the earstwhile TATA dealers who are permitted to carry out servicing till Sept' 2013 in such places where there is no Fiat exclusive dealership. These dealers never cared for the Fiat owners when they were JV partners, how can one expect them to care now. They would never invest their money for a single Fiat spares.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 16:00   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat spare parts issue - Why? - UPDATE on Pg. 4

A startup, http://www.99rpm.com/ that has started selling Palio/Siena/Linea/Punto parts online. Heard about it on a start-up website and hence listing here for Fiat fans.
khan_sultan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 16:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

My office colleague who owns a Punto 1.4 Emotion had a harrowing experiecne when it came to Fiat spares. It started off with the wiper issue when the workshop guys zeroed down to faulty motor which was out of stock. Then they troubleshooted saying the wiring harness is the culprit which was causing the fuses to blow when a new wiper motor was installed. As usual wiring harness was out of stock. Then they realized that it was the BCM which was the actual culprit. Again BCM was out of stock.

My friend thought he could get the front passenger AC vent & Rear left door handle spring repaired which were malfunctioning. Again the same statement - No stock. Sometimes I feel I should stock all the Fiat Spares at my place through 99 rpm website.
Old 10th July 2013, 14:24   #70
BHPian

My colleage has a Fiat Linea. He had been having some rattling sounds and a month back reported the issue at Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum. They inspected and found out that the struts had rusted since the older models had a problem with water collecting within the strut. They said that they did not have ready stock and it would take a couple of weeks before the replacement arrives. He was adviced against using the car.

A couple of weeks later, he got a call saying the part would arrive in a couple of days. After not getting any furthur reponse my friend contacted them again. The reply from the service manager was that they had fixed the replacement stock on another car ! And my friend would need to wait for another 2 weeks

He shot a mail last Friday to all the Fiat senior management guys he could get hold of, and suprise ; the "parts" have now arrived in 2 days and he has given the car for repairs yesterday.

So if Fiat really wants, they can ship stock in flat 2 days
Old 1st September 2013, 15:30   #71
BHPian

Could you help me with the contact details at fiat with whom you got in touch for parts. I am facing similar delays
Old 10th September 2013, 19:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it is required to email Fiat officials for small spare parts. Fiat must ensure dealer stocks a minimum number of bsic parts.

I have booked a Tjet in Bangalore. Now after reading A.S.S issues on team-bhp i am thinking whether to continue or cancel booking. I am currently driving a Getz Crdi and i am completely satisfied with Hyundai service levels.

Last edited by djay99 : 10th September 2013 at 19:23.
Old 10th September 2013, 22:53   #73
Senior - BHPian

DJ, spares for the new gen Fiats (Linea/Punto) should not be an issue, anyway you can confirm with the owners on teamfiat.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:57   #74
BHPian

If car is out of warranty, best to procure from 99rpm.com. They seem to have a way better supply chain than FIAT India. I needed a couple of parts that should be slow moving and were not listed. Shot a mail and the part was listed in about 36 hrs.
Old 11th September 2013, 12:12   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
If car is out of warranty, best to procure from 99rpm.com. They seem to have a way better supply chain than FIAT India. I needed a couple of parts that should be slow moving and were not listed. Shot a mail and the part was listed in about 36 hrs.
Even 99rpm get the OE parts from Fiat only. The problem is actually not with Fiat but the dealers. At least in Chennai, there is no parts issue as such. I see most of the moving parts are readily available with Ramkay Fiat in Chennai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks