Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 12:20   #76
BHPian

Re: Fiat spare parts issue - Why? - UPDATE on Pg. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Even 99rpm get the OE parts from Fiat only. The problem is actually not with Fiat but the dealers. At least in Chennai, there is no parts issue as such. I see most of the moving parts are readily available with Ramkay Fiat in Chennai.
I agree with that, but the end to end supply chain of 99rpm seems more efficient than the FIAT network . I also agree with dealers being culprits, but isnt it FIATs responsiblity to get that fixed especially with their new CRM roll out? Also, there is a big difference in spare parts availability for new Gen Punto/Linea and for old gen Palio(s).
Old 11th September 2013, 16:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Just to add that while 99RPM are a pretty good resource , they are not perfect either , on certain items the entire supply chain , visibility , inventory management process - all seem to collapse together - they do let you know that a particular item is on backorder - but status beyond that is anyones guess - you might get a mail or a reply from them saying it could take 10 more days and literally in the next 5 minutes you could get a shipping email confirming your item has been shipped - so not perfect but definitely a professional outfit for the most part , have placed 3 orders with them so far.
Old 11th September 2013, 18:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Just to add that while 99RPM are a pretty good resource , they are not perfect either , on certain items the entire supply chain , visibility , inventory management process - all seem to collapse together - they do let you know that a particular item is on backorder - but status beyond that is anyones guess - you might get a mail or a reply from them saying it could take 10 more days and literally in the next 5 minutes you could get a shipping email confirming your item has been shipped - so not perfect but definitely a professional outfit for the most part , have placed 3 orders with them so far.
Yup they promise on SLA, but generally provide on best effort basis. I have also faced it. They use bluedart surface line for transport which is pretty slow (1 week for Noida-Blr). The other good thing is that they have listed good aftermarket alternatives along with part numbers. It was pretty useful for me when I needed to immediately replace a leaking clutch MC.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:46   #79
Senior - BHPian

Yep and what i would really find convenient is if they put up a physical counter wherin one can go and buy stuff , no fancy shop needed even if they have the provision in their warehouse because otherwise even though i am in Delhi and can be at their location in 30 minutes , i end up waiting for 2 days for the courier to arrive.

I guess its not as simple as it may sound while suggesting it but if they can do it then great option to have. No extra investment required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Yup they promise on SLA, but generally provide on best effort basis. I have also faced it. They use bluedart surface line for transport which is pretty slow (1 week for Noida-Blr). The other good thing is that they have listed good aftermarket alternatives along with part numbers. It was pretty useful for me when I needed to immediately replace a leaking clutch MC.

Last edited by puchoo : 11th September 2013 at 19:55.
Old 15th September 2013, 14:32   #80
BHPian

As one of my friends says, it's a love-hate relationship when you own a fiat, which is good.my punto is with the service centre for overca month now,waiting for half engine assembly. Refer my earlier comments to know in detail but to summarise the issue- my two yrs old,34000 run Grande Punto developed compression problem, it is now undergoing engine overhaul and half engine assembly. Needs to be replaced.it took over three weeks to get approval under extended warranty and another ten days to source the assembly from fiat.i escalated the delay and all issues to everyone in fiat's top hierarchy viz. Mangesh, abhishek rastogi, Ravi bhatia and their newly appointed MD and CEO. Still of no use - my car is still at the service centre, waiting for parts, I am still asked to share the cost as not everything is covered under warranty and no one has a definite timeline.
As a customer, I don't think I have been treated fairly.this story is a good example of how to ruin a loyal customer into a frustrated one.
Still wondering if someone at Fiat will wake up and make some attempt towards damage repair
I have the complete chain of mails shared with all top execs at Fiat and their useless responses.
Old 20th September 2013, 23:02   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie89 View Post
As one of my friends says, it's a love-hate relationship when you own a fiat ...
The secret is perseverance. Keep knocking at the doors of those honchos mentioned in your mail. Some one might blink some time!

It is still a mystery as to how some dealers (not authorized) of Fiat parts are able to source the parts in a jiffy, the company itself doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

The spare parts issue is the one that has not been addressed even after the company effected several changes in the official hierarchy. This sure is going to have a huge impact on the brand.
Old 25th September 2013, 18:30   #82
Senior - BHPian

It could simply be a process related output ,with small dealers especially independent ones you pay and you get the part - no major approvals required ,quality checks etc , whereas with Fiat they would definitely have this in place which would lengthen the delivery time...

Ofcourse there could be some other reason entirely but at the end of the day it does not excuse Fiat from being slow on this front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
It is still a mystery as to how some dealers (not authorized) of Fiat parts are able to source the parts in a jiffy, the company itself doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

Old 8th June 2014, 18:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

DUKKAR METERS:
http://coimbatore.quikr.com/vintage-...AdIdZ170624956

FIAT1100D METERS :

http://salem.quikr.com/fiat-vintage-...AdIdZ168522748
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat spare parts issue - Why? - UPDATE on Pg. 4-fiat7.jpeg  

Fiat spare parts issue - Why? - UPDATE on Pg. 4-fiat8.jpeg  

Fiat spare parts issue - Why? - UPDATE on Pg. 4-fiat9.jpeg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 8th June 2014 at 18:11.
Old 9th June 2014, 10:31   #84
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have searched for wiper blades for my Linea, but i am unable to find it locally or online. Can some one guide me where this can be procured online or locally at Trivandrum. I don't want to buy it from the dealer because they will charge about 700 each. I am sure i can find a good deal outside.

thanks in advance.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Harry, did you try 99rpm.com ?
Old 20th August 2014, 07:05   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Hello Friends,

I have searched for wiper blades for my Linea, but i am unable to find it locally or online. Can some one guide me where this can be procured online or locally at Trivandrum. I don't want to buy it from the dealer because they will charge about 700 each. I am sure i can find a good deal outside.

thanks in advance.
You can try the Bosch shop at pattom junction (opposite to the PSC building) for the wiper blades. They are authorized dealers and the prices are fair.
Old 20th August 2014, 17:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddyCrew View Post
You can try the Bosch shop at pattom junction (opposite to the PSC building) for the wiper blades. They are authorized dealers and the prices are fair.
AFAIK Bosch does not sell wipers for the Linea.
If you get them at the Bosch shop kindly note down the part no. and share it here.
Old 19th September 2014, 10:55   #88
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I have tried all options, but sad to say that i cant get the wiper blade for Linea in open market. The main issue is the lock of the wiper blade. Usually most of the car uses the U type clip but linea has a different one. Bosch does have the U type lock for the same length of the wiper blade but for Linea we cant use that.

So the only option is to change the wiper arm to have a U type lock.
If anyone can check in Delhi for Linea wiper blade it will be good help.

Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 21:07   #89
BHPian

slightly off topic but then why does 99rpm home page shows only fiat and tata but then if you use this url, it shows hyundai parts as well.
http://www.99rpm.com/hyundai/parts.html
joecherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 17:46   #90
MrA
BHPian

Re: Fiat spare parts issue - Why? & Story of my Italian horse - Punto 90HP

Hey Raj, I was going through your old thread titled "Story of my Italian horse - Punto 90HP". The car looks beautiful and detailed stage by stage feedback and updates provided by you helped me in getting a perfect idea about the car.
I'm planning to buy the Punto Evo 90hp and wanted to ask if you have driven it and if you could compare its performance with your Grande Punto. I know the engine is still the same, however, wanted to know if FIAT had done any fine-tuning to improve the performance of the new Punto Evo 90hp with respect to its former model i.e Grande Punto 90hp.
I'm from Srinagar-Kashmir and the service over here is still handled by a TATA workshop and the nearest FIAT SC is about 300km away connected by a hilly terrain which makes me very apprehensive about the after-sale service and support. Also, this thread of yours pertaining to the spare parts issue has further increased my apprehensions.
I really want to buy the Punto as it'll suit the bad and hilly roads of Kashmir much better than its counterparts from Maruti, Hyundai or Honda, not to forget the solid built of Punto complemented with the amazing handling and ride quality and on top it the beautiful and classy Italian design.
I know FIAT has improved a lot since you've posted this and since they've parted ways with TATA however I'll still have to be at the mercy of a TATA workshop until FIAT sets up a SC here in Srinagar.
Any suggestions or feedback from you regarding my concerns will be of great help to me as I'm in a big dilemma right now.
P.S. I hope you didn't have to face any more issues with your Punto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks