Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2006, 07:06   #1
BHPian

Going for Service. Suggestions?

I am getting my matiz serviced next weekend so needed some advice from you guys.
my car gives me very less fuel efficiency approx 12 kmpl in city. someone (tbhp) suggested me to get the fuel injectors cleaned etc. what do you suggest and what else should I get checked in order to improve the FE?

the hydraulic shockers holding the boot lid have gone bad and I guess needs to be replaced. Is there a particular brand I should look for?

the wipers makes a lot of noise while moving and also there is some free play in them. would installing new set of wipers fix this problem? which brand should I buy and appprox how much would It cost?

the car was always services after 10,000 kms as suggested by daewoo (user manual) but now after 46000 km on odo, I decided to get it serviced after 6000-7000 kms. which engine oil should I go for? I have been using the normal oils castrol etc but I have read a lot abt synthetic oils on this forum. can some please suggest which oil (brand) and with what specs should I buy and approx how much would It cost?

The front power windows when rolled down, the driver side glass makes a noise and rattles inside the door when I close the door or the car bumps into a poth hole. how could this be fixed?

how do I determine whether the power steering oil, the gear oil, the brake oil etc needs to be changed?

what do we understand by free flow exhausts? how much do they cost and what all modifications are required to install them?

please try and answer all my queries as I am really a novice.

thnk you very much !
Old 28th March 2006, 08:57   #2
BHPian

suggestions guys please ! where have you gone?
Old 31st March 2006, 12:47   #3
BHPian

hi there let me try to answer a few of your questions.
first, 12kmpl in city is not that bad actually. i get bout 10 in chennai with AC on always and driving with a heavy foot.
but yes do clean ur fuel injectors, chk wheel alignment, balancing, get the right tyre pressure (30psi is wat i use for both front and rear)
bosch wipers are supposed to be really good, try to installl those. have no idea about the price though.
as for rattling door i have same problem with my drivers side door, have to open it up and chk, but i'm sure its the door locking mechanism which is rattling.
i had contacted automech regarding the free flow exhaust and they said suprisingly it did not make much difference in a matiz. you could try a conical filter though, if installed properly will give u some performance gains.
as for information regarding all the OILS, i hope someone can shed some light on this. even i am puzzled as to what oil to use, what does the daewoo manual suggest?
Old 24th April 2006, 04:32   #4
BHPian

I got the car serviced but was confused between which engine oil to use. none of the guys in the market had synthetic engine oils. I first bought castrol magnatec for Rs 790 4lts but then the guy showed me Total Engine Oil for Rs 450 and said that there's no use spending another 400 bucks on castrol magnatec....what do you guys say?>
Old 24th April 2006, 11:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

As for the synthetic oils...nothing beats mobil 1...i bet GTO will vouch for that. Any big shop should be able to source it for you.
A quick search for free flows will answer all your queries. There are a few threads that are dedicated to them.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 24th April 2006 at 12:01.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

dude castrol magnatec for 790 bucks ..4 liters..u get 4 liters for around or less than 600 bucks..i got castrol magnatec for 460 bucks 3 liters..so u can calculate...nd castrol magnatec is way better than the other oil u mentioned..it does not loose its viscosity(thickness) that fast..as compared to cheaper quality oils..it also helps in cold starts..nd u can make out how smooth ur engine is runnin..u can increase ur oil change intervals if u use castrol magnatec

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks