Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 17:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Kaput Skoda : Brand new Laura AC & Electronics issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
Will be more than happy to get the parts replaced under warranty.

But worried that these inept fools screw up anything else under the hood while replacing.
Don't think they would even let a fly wander around the car after the intimidating conversation with your father-in-law.

The arrogant attitude was the only thing needed to be set straight, else skoda is just fine at their daily routine of replacing all the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Are these the first two instances of problematic Skoda's or are there any more? Then why buy Skoda? Looks like you are proud to be a part of the Skoda family, then why crib? It's a well documented fact that Skoda's service is not as good as their cars.

May be a well documented fact , but moreover its a preconceived fact !
There are threads on niggle free experiences, and yes, im speaking of the same skoda here. And even racer_x has mentioned that his Father in law owns a Yeti and hasnt faced any issues till now.

Last edited by seedyk : 7th March 2012 at 17:25.
seedyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 17:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
May be a well documented fact , but moreover its a preconceived fact !
There are threads on niggle free experiences, and yes, im speaking of the same skoda here. And even racer_x has mentioned that his Father in law owns a Yeti and hasnt faced any issues till now.
The Yeti has done 15k without any issues and is a treat to drive.
Knowing my FIL reputation the Asset guys serviced the Yeti in front of him and even offered him a discount for the 3M cleaning package.

Even our very own Bhpian Swanand Inamdar has had excellent experience with his Laura. I am sure they would have kept in mind that he is a Bhpian
Old 7th March 2012, 17:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend who is onto his third Skoda. He started with a regular Octy, then moved to an L&K Octy and now an L&K Laura. He has never had any issues with the cars so he is happy, but he openly tells me that provided there are no issues with the car, it is brilliant to own. The moment you have an issue god bless you, in his words. Apparently their service centres here in Bangalore are just bad. I guess this is more of an A.S.S issue, though Skoda really needs to take responsibility for ensuring they train them well, as at the end of the day, the A.S.S's are the face of Skoda and it either ensures you sell well or sell badly.

What I don't understand is how VW have such bad service levels in India. In South Africa they are some of the best in the country. I guess they don't have huge expectations of the Indian market itself, which is the only explanation that makes any sense at all.
Old 7th March 2012, 18:16   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
The Yeti has done 15k without any issues and is a treat to drive.
Knowing my FIL reputation the Asset guys serviced the Yeti in front of him and even offered him a discount for the 3M cleaning package.

Even our very own Bhpian Swanand Inamdar has had excellent experience with his Laura. I am sure they would have kept in mind that he is a Bhpian
That's exactly my point.
Why shouldn't one go ahead with the purchase of a skoda based on such reviews.
Moreover, if they offer luxury at VFM (read the skoda superb).

Last edited by GTO : 8th March 2012 at 18:19. Reason: Correcting typo
Old 10th March 2012, 11:33   #35
BHPian

urajkumar, this is sad to hear.

How is the car running now? I had a engine faulty issue once in my Laura and it turned out to be a rat bite in one the exposed electrical wires. And in this mode the car starts limping so as to not to damage the engine.

Try talking to Mr. Sunil from the Guindy workshop, he will help you out surely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks