Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 14:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accord Burnt !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
if I park the car overnight with the handbrake pulled, the brake-pads, especially in front, make a noise when brake is released in the morning.
Experienced the same on my Linea too. I once thought I hit something when I moved the car but it was the brakes releasing. I just don't understand how it works. The parking brakes have nothing to do with the front wheels. The noise did come from the front wheels though, not the back.
Old 16th March 2012, 18:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Seems even Honda cannot escape the fire in cars.
Honda has had a problem with the Jazz when water entered the windows during rains, caused a short-circuit, and a child was killed as a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I would run and put a safe distance rather than trying to extinguish a fire in the car.
I agree - a car fire extinguisher is hardly enough to put out a vehicle fire. Perhaps something small, such as a cigarette falling on a floor mat, but nothing major.
Old 16th March 2012, 20:29   #33
BHPian

I do not think that any company has the right to ask for 5% of the cost for an estimate or any such percentage. If so please ask him to give that in writing and take it up with the Honda officials and lodge a police complain of some sort, against this unjust practice.

Whether you decide to go with the estimate or no it is the duty of the A.S.S. to give you an estimate for the same.

Or even better just go into the managers office and ask him to show you an official document which states that the center/person is liable for a 5% (or any value) cut for giving the estimate. If he says it is policy here tell him to show the policy document. Make sure you record the whole conversation.

If he fails to show any such document, make him hear that conversation and tell him that this is going to go to the police, media and the Honda people. They usually fall under the pressure and provide an estimate atleast. But make sure you do this with the Manager.

What the heck do it with the SA also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks