Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2012, 23:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Had a bad experience with CNG Installer - Chemotech Fabcon, Andheri

Not a problem, go to the relevant post and press the 'REPORT' button that you see at the bottom of the column which has your handle in all of the posts.

It will open a new message window. Fill up your request and submit from that page itself.

If this does not work, then submit your request for the name change as a new post within this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP View Post
Hi Khoj

I do not know how to quote post to admin for correction in thread heading...

can u help me..
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:41   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Had a bad experience with CNG Installer - Chemotech Fabcon, Andheri

Chemotech has dropped the following email. We think it is important to give an opportunity to both parties to air their views.

This is an excerpt of the email received:

Quote:
The Concerned Customer came to us for fitment of CNG kit in his Maruti Zen 2006. He was in a tremendous hurry as he came to us in the morning at 10:30 am, bags & baggage with him. He wanted to leave for Surat directly after taking delivery of the Vehicle. Taking into account his urgency we confirmed delivery of the Vehicle that same evening at an agreed cost of Rs 27000/- in CASH. It is our business policy with all retail customers to only accept CASH PAYMENT against bill, no credit cards, no cheques and there are no exceptions to this rule.

That evening, the Customer came for delivery with a cheque towards payment of Rs 27000/-. On our refusal to accept cheque the customer became unreasonably annoyed (despite the same having been agreed at the time of order placing).

Then comes the accusation regarding close loop or open loop system. Kind Sir, we always fix close loop system until and unless the car does not work in that system. In close loop system the wire of O2 sensor and TPH sensor are cut and close loop is fixed. In many cases O2 sensor does not work. Same was the situation in this particular case. The vehicle was fitted with close loop system but the O2 sensor was not working. This can be verified only after fixing the Lambda Sensor, filling gas and then trying to calibrate., At 8.30 pm the customer comes to us in a hurry, we informed him the kit is fitted with gas filled and all other settings done. The Lambda connection of O2 sensor was the only thing disconnected since the O2 sensor was not working. We offered to join the 2 wires after he would replace the O2 sensor. That would result in the car running in close loop system. It was a technically safe move as the O2 sensor wasn’t working and the customer was driving out of town at night. We didn’t want him to be stranded at night.

After understanding everything, the matter again shifted to payment. The customer wanted to deduct Rs 5000/-. Since we had already fitted the lambda in the car and just needed to connect the two wires later this was unreasonable. As a goodwill gesture we still offered to keep a sum of Rs 1000 outstanding. This sum he would pay us later at the time of aforementioned connection. He was adamant upon deducting the whole Rs5000/-. After a lot of discussion and deliberation we decided to bear the loss on removal of kit from the vehicle (the used pipelines, hardware, wiring etc cannot be reused).

The fact remains that only because of not acceding to a reduction of Rs 5000/- on the kit price. There was absolutely no other problem including open loop or close loop. So if we had agreed to the reduction probably we might have even been praised instead of the current bad publicity.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:16   #18
BHPian

The last para of that email definitely does not sound right to me. Who in the world will ask the installer to reduce his price by 5k without any issue? If they areally had installed the lambda sensor then why were the installers not able to show it to the customer and why did they make the customer call another distributor for the price of the sensor?

Chemotech - good of you to respond. Honestly though your response is not confidence inspiring.
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:35   #19
AGP
BHPian

wow....what a response Mr Abhijit of Longas Chemotech Fabcon..!

People here are intelligent...I dont have to proove my points to you but i would definately write for the betterment of other team bhpians..

First of all I never prepared any cheque nor I came in hurry. I visitedbhis shop 2 days before and fixed the deal. He said he only accepts cash. So i was ready with cash.I had taken half day leave from my office and went in the morning to his shop to give my car. I was there for half of the day....then i left for office and came back in the evening to puck up the car....

Coming to closed loop or open loop....They did not put lamda control system for sure else on my demand they must show me...! And imagine why would i spend my half day off and then demand for reduction of 5000 if they if they did put lamdab control....I am not a fool nor m greedy...i just wanted an original kit for which i am paying him 27k...!

And Mr Abhijit, I have all telephone records that your man Mr Majid talked to another distributor asking for the makr and cost of lamda system...!

Regarding O2 Sensor....after my complaint his men started to find the O2 sensor in my car and without scanning he said it is not working.......the very next day i did my car scan and my O2 sensor is perfect....!!!

My frnds it is good that i had removed his kit....they keep all local made components except reducer...! They are cheatera for sure....But it is upto you to take risk by going to him....!

But good that he has responded with all cooked up stories....! atleast people can make out wether a genuine customer who spends his entire day and concerns with the fitment of genuine kit of wht he was paying or a retrofitter of this kind who fit in taxis and bother more about profit by cheating and using duplicate parts....

Regards,

Last edited by AGP : 23rd March 2012 at 13:37. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 25th March 2012, 01:50   #20
BHPian

Looking at Chemotech's response, one thing comes to my mind is that why is it required to fit the lambada system to check if the O2 sensor works or not ? Its a simple check which can be done using a multimeter I believe. Let me know if my understanding is incorrect here.

Thanks,
Yogesh
Old 25th March 2012, 10:12   #21
BHPian

Why did you not stick to Dashmesh for the installation since he seemed to have been open about everything quality wise and you had to clarify from him to cost of the sensor etc.
It is not possible for someone to give you a quotation of a 6k discount on a kit costing average 30k without some sort of manipulation in terms of components .
often too much research ends up in heartache.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Looking at Chemotech's response, one thing comes to my mind is that why is it required to fit the lambada system to check if the O2 sensor works or not ? Its a simple check which can be done using a multimeter I believe. Let me know if my understanding is incorrect here.

Thanks,
Yogesh
exactly correct.

any reputed cng installer will first check the O2 sensor, before starting installation. this is standard procedure. I also being a cng user, checked with many installers and the O2 sensor is always tested prior to any modification.

the very lack of this step by chemotech shows the quality of work.

UM
Old 27th March 2012, 17:02   #23
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
Why did you not stick to Dashmesh for the installation since he seemed to have been open about everything quality wise and you had to clarify from him to cost of the sensor etc.
It is not possible for someone to give you a quotation of a 6k discount on a kit costing average 30k without some sort of manipulation in terms of components .
often too much research ends up in heartache.
Very Correct.....too much research ends up with headache.

Finally, I have installed Lovato Kit (Open Loop) from Eco Fuel Centre. Very Very professional Installation and honest information sharing. I will put the detailed review of the same and my experience. I already covered 800 km after CNG and my baby Zen is giving approx. 20 km per kg avg in city and 24 km per kg on highways.

I still need to change Spark Plug, Clean Throttle Body, Servicing, MAP sensor rectification....after that the average will surely increase...
Old 27th March 2012, 17:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, I have installed Lovato Kit (Open Loop) from Eco Fuel Centre.
Hi,

Any specific reason why you opted for Open Loop ? Just seemed interesting since someone has gone for an Open Loop system on an MPFI vehicle.

Not questioning your decision but just wanting to know out of curiosity.

-Yogesh.
Old 27th March 2012, 17:54   #25
AGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Hi,

Any specific reason why you opted for Open Loop ? Just seemed interesting since someone has gone for an Open Loop system on an MPFI vehicle.

Not questioning your decision but just wanting to know out of curiosity.

-Yogesh.
I wanted to install closed loop only. But before that I did my car scan as it is 10 year old car. My oxygen sensor is fine but MAP sensor voltage has problem. May be wiring or sensor. I was sort of time to rectify MAP problem. The Installer has suggested me that it is better if I correct MAP sensor, change the spark plug and clean the throttle body. My general service is also due since last 7 months. Hence I thoght I will first go with open Loop so on my daily running of 60 km, immediately I can start saving..and later on once I do complete servicing, I will upgrade to closeed loop..
Old 27th March 2012, 19:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

based on feedback from some installers here , an Open loop works perfectly fine in sub 1.5liter Maruti engines.

If the open loop is working well,please leave it that way ; addition of components(here, a LCS+Stepper motor ) only adds complications when they fail

Yes,please change your plugs to one range cooler and also get the throttle body serviced and air filter,cleaned.

Last edited by vigsom : 27th March 2012 at 19:21. Reason: addition
Old 28th May 2012, 16:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, I have installed Lovato Kit (Open Loop) from Eco Fuel Centre. Very Very professional Installation and honest information sharing. I will put the detailed review of the same and my experience. I already covered 800 km after CNG and my baby Zen is giving approx. 20 km per kg avg in city and 24 km per kg on highways.

I still need to change Spark Plug, Clean Throttle Body, Servicing, MAP sensor rectification....after that the average will surely increase...
I am also finding about conversion of my SX4 Zxi and your post was most useful. I talked to Eco Fuel in Ghatkoper, Mr.Harshal Shah and found him to be quite knowledgeable. He told me they would use Chinese Lambda. Is this okay? Anyway the price for closed loop given by him is 32K and for sequential is 55K. Is there a Lambda in sequential kit also?

Most Viewed