Team-BHP - Swift 2011 Petrol - Water Seepage into the Engine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Swift 2011 Petrol - Water Seepage into the Engine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/117498-swift-2011-petrol-water-seepage-into-engine.html)

Vehicle - New Swift Petrol bought in September' 2011

Kilometeres Done on Odo - 3,300 kms.

Service Station - Mandovi, Bangalore, Near Shantinagar Bus Stand

Vehicle was left for 2nd Service. Suddenly Smoke started within the bonnet from the drivers side. So, the Vehicle was stopped for Half hour in Indira Nagar and then driven home in Koramangala. The next day, i.e. today was left for Service.

Initially, the Service people told that the Clutch is burnt out. I told them the the vehicle was driven mostly by 1 Person and he is a moderate driver in late fifties. And no question of over riding the clutch or driving with the hand brake on.

I insisted to check if it was Manufacturing defect.

After about 2 hours, got a call and we visited the Service Center. They showed us the Rat bytes on the wires. We agreed, because the Vehicle was parked in front of the house and on the Road.

Then they told that Water has entered the Engine from the Air Filter. And they asked us whether the Vehicle was serviced outside. The Answer was 'NO'.

Then they, said the only way is Sabotage, which was ruled out by us.

The Vehicle was serviced on End of October (1st Service). The next day, we complained to them that Clutch was very sharp and the Vehicle was jumping even while careful and slow release of Clutch. The answer given was, there is no adjustment in the clutch, since it is hydraulic.

After the First Service, the bonnet was never opened. The Vehicle is fitted with Central Locking system with Alarm. There is no chance of sabotage nor any one has opened the bonnet. Then how can the water enter into the Air Filter?

Are these 3 things related? We can agree with only the Rats and the wires. But water entering the Engine- it is out of our minds.

The Service people confirmed this problem was with Old Esteem & Zen and few SX4, but this is the first case with the New Swift.

Is there a design flaw in the New Swift?

There were no heavy rains from November to till date. The only way water splashed should be from the bottom, when the vehicle runs over water filled poth holes.

The Service are refusing to even contact the Company, regarding this problem.

Kindly give us your valuable feedback.
Thanks in advance.

^^
I believe it might be rats that would have created this mess in your engine bay and the service center should help you fix it. May not be under warranty though if it is due to rats.
If the service center is acting smart, I would suggest that you directly reach out to Maruti. I have done it a couple of times (for my Dzire) and believe me, they i.e. Maruti follows each and every case and the service center will have to reply to them and will reach out to you to have your issues resolved.
Hence just go to the maruti suzuki website and log a complaint.

Hi, If your car is petrol swift you have a mechanical clutch not hydrolic. In petrol swift there is a clutch cable & you can adjust the clutch play, which ic not the case in swift diesel,since it has hydrolic clutch as your service guy said. Water in air filter has no explanation unless you have pressure washed washed the engine compartment, gone through a really big puddle of watter. Even though it very difficult because the air cleaner suction is on top ont at bottom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhijitl
Hi, If your car is petrol swift you have a mechanical clutch not hydrolic. In petrol swift there is a clutch cable & you can adjust the clutch play, which ic not the case in swift diesel,since it has hydrolic clutch as your service guy said. Water in air filter has no explanation unless you have pressure washed washed the engine compartment, gone through a really big puddle of watter. Even though it very difficult because the air cleaner suction is on top ont at bottom.

Thanks for your feed back. Yes, this is what, even the Service personnel informed. And till date the Car was washed using pipe from the tap or bucket. Never Pressure Washed. The place, where this Car is used has accute water shortage and No rains.

And for your point - Clutch Cable, although irrelevant - shows how they fool the customers. Last week, even supervisor & couple of other service guys, never argued that it doesn't have hydraulic clutch. In any case, I'll confirm once again.

Thanks f1fan - I differ it's not Rats. Because, the Air Flow system is not damaged any where. They've cut few sleeves of the wires and that's it.

And the entrance, where the Air is sucked is also not damaged. So there's no question of Rats entering from there.

We've complained to Maruti, and they've promised to look into it, Waiting with crossed fingers.