Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2012, 21:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT

The Fiat Caffe has just put on display its famous 1.3 Multijet diesel engine, here in VGT 90 hp giuse. Enjoy the pics!
Attached Thumbnails
Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-19.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-20.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-21.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-22.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-23.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-24.jpg  

Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT-img-25.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 21:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT

Nice-that gives me an idea of its internals.
Are there any goodies on sale at Fiat Caffe?
Old 28th March 2012, 14:06   #3
BHPian

Re: Engine Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT

Is there a person (at tghe caffe) who also explains what-is-what of the engine. Though it may not be needed for Most T-BHP members, lesser mortals like me would definitely be benifited
Old 28th March 2012, 14:20   #4
Team-BHP Support

A similar cut engine used to be kept in their factory at the reception area of their office. IIRC, they had put it up on display at the Auto Expo as well.

Thanks for the pictures.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:30   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Baah, every other car on the road has the Multi-Jet under its hood.

Fiat should differentiate, and showcase an engine that can really stir up the coffee. Yep, they ought to chuck this engine and display the 1.4L T-Jet instead .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 19:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

This the national Diesel engine where the everyone else except its maker is capitalizing on. Probably, it's there in the Fiat 'Gaffe' to remind them of the umpteen opportunities they have missed.
Old 30th March 2012, 19:53   #7
BHPian

Re: Pics: The Fiat Multijet 1.3 90 VGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice-that gives me an idea of its internals.
Are there any goodies on sale at Fiat Caffe?
Yes , they have goodies like key chain and all available for sale as per their website and should be available in cafe unlike their spares. Will most probably go there tomorrow to get some goodies for myself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, they ought to chuck this engine and display the 1.4L T-Jet instead .
+ 1 and a Simulator with T-Jet just like ford did in auto expo .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Probably, it's there in the Fiat 'Gaffe' to remind them of the umpteen opportunities they have missed.
Just wondering what your comments has to do with the Pics of a engine , which some body has Put on public Display. Has you visited there to call it "Gafe" .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 30th March 2012 at 19:57. Reason: quoting GTO and Durango Dude
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 13:03   #8
BHPian

Was in cafe Yesterday evening to have a look into engine internals & buy a key chain .Came back empty handed, a key chain costs 1517 Rs . IMO ,it;s turning into more of a Coffee Jaunt than a car sales showroom as there were few people ,enjoying coffee upstairs but nobody looking into cars. Those going to buy stuff, pls note that the CC swipe machine is there but was not working as of Y; day evening. carry Cash and that too loads of, as stuff is priced on high side . typical FIAT

Coming to Engine on Display, The Best part is that Engine is mated to a Electrical motors ( see the pulley's in pics above )switch On the electrical motors and engine comes to life.Nice place to learn " how Multijet works ".
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 18:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Was in cafe Yesterday evening to have a look into engine internals & buy a key chain .Came back empty handed, a key chain costs 1517 Rs . IMO ,it;s turning into more of a Coffee Jaunt than a car sales showroom as there were few people ,enjoying coffee upstairs but nobody looking into cars. Those going to buy stuff, pls note that the CC swipe machine is there but was not working as of Y; day evening. carry Cash and that too loads of, as stuff is priced on high side . typical FIAT
Thats quite a hefty price tag on a FIAT key chain. I guess it would be a lot less at the TATA-FIAT dealerships. BTW, are there Punto/Linea scale models available at the Caffe? Can the collectibles at the Caffe be bought online? I'm on a search for a Punto scale model since long and it is a very rare availability at the dealerships.

Engine techies, clear my doubt This engine is a DOHC engine but I see only one cam sprocket on the exhaust side that is chain-linked to the crankshaft and I don't see the other cam sprocket nor the chain to it. So what's with it? Is there a mechanism that drives both camshafts by a single sprocket or something?
Old 1st April 2012, 18:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Does the engine turn? I seen an additional pulley with a belt going into a housing below.
Old 1st April 2012, 19:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
BTW, are there Punto/Linea scale models available at the Caffe? Can the collectibles at the Caffe be bought online? I'm on a search for a Punto scale model since long and it is a very rare availability at the dealerships.
NO ,I suspect if they Scale Models of Punto / Linea, was not on display atleast. On display, they have One FIAT Branded cycle, Key chains , Coffee Mug , Jackets , Umbrella's. They don 't have accessories As well. As per Sales Man, they can arrange for them from Oberoi motors( dealer Who runs the cafe)

Will try to visit next weekend again to see what all is available. I was so turned off with price tag that did ;t bothered to check for other items prices but i am sure they will be more or less highly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Does the engine turn? I seen an additional pulley with a belt going into a housing below.
Yes Mpower, Engine Do run .That pulley goes into a housing which has a electrical motor, which runs the engine. One can clearly see pistons moving through the cut, with a bit of Engine Oil around those piston ring for smooth movement .
Old 1st April 2015, 23:28   #12
BHPian

I know this might be off topic but I just wanted to make sure that my assumption that the FIAT 1.3JTD is an interference engine is correct or not. AFAIK, interference engines are ones which need extra care about timing chains/belts. By extra care I meant if not replaced on time can cause severe damage to valve, cam etc. Am I right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks