Team-BHP - Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/119232-skoda-octavia-engine-shutting-off-right-after-start.html)

I have given my octavia for a door lock problem at a recommended place and now after the door mechanic played around with it, the car shuts down immediately after start. Also there is no other displays coming on the dashboard other than the battery icon.

Can anyone help put with the problem

VCDS scan show only one fault 00669- supply voltage terminal 30
008 - implausible signal- intermittent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 2748053)
I have given my octavia for a door lock problem at a recommended place and now after the door mechanic played around with it, the car shuts down immediately after start. Also there is no other displays coming on the dashboard other than the battery icon.

Can anyone help put with the problem

VCDS scan show only one fault 00669- supply voltage terminal 30
008 - implausible signal- intermittent.

This is what I can get from the workshop manual of octavia 1.9-ltr. / 66 kW (TDI) Engine Fuel Injection and Glow Plug System

Old Fault 00668, Onboard Volatage, Terminal 30 implausible signal,
New Fault 18009,
Possible cause of fault : Diesel Direct injection system relay -J322 Jam
Possible effect : Engine does not start(Safety deactivation)
Rectifying fault : Test voltage supply for Diesel Direct Injection system

Check the relay and see it works for you. The location of the relay
Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start-skodaj322.jpg

-Pramod

How to test this, attached are images to test
Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start-skodaj3221test.jpg
Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start-skodaj3222test.jpg
Skoda Octavia engine shutting off, right after start-skodaj3223test.jpg

Ask your door mechanic to retrace what he did. Its either a sensor issue or a wrong connection of voltage laden wires with sensor wires. I just have a feeling the body ECU is getting a wrong signal because of your mechanics antics.

Thanks for the inputs. This is a petrol 2.0 non turbo model .will anyway have a look at the relay box. One of the local guy was saying he checked some relays. He has wrecked it up for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 2748147)
Thanks for the inputs. This is a petrol 2.0 non turbo model .will anyway have a look at the relay box. One of the local guy was saying he checked some relays. He has wrecked it up for sure.

Oh its petrol, I am not sure then I don't have petrol manual, but from the error it does indicate that he messed up some connections and you will need to check the relay and fuses.

-Pramod

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 2748147)

Then foresure check the fuel pump relay too? Also can you share the full DTC code ie Pxxx.

This is the snap shot of total faults recorded.

I am told that the door guy has routed a separate wire from rear left to rear right to open the rear right with central locking since there is no power coming from its own side.
The window glass is also not working and i am told the motor has failed.
will get him normalize whatever he has done first and see.

Initial problem was only the door not opening.

Have to stay with the car today before they start opening the engine and checking all its systems!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 2748526)
This is the snap shot of total faults recorded.

I am told that the door guy has routed a separate wire from rear left to rear right to open the rear right with central locking since there is no power coming from its own side.
The window glass is also not working and i am told the motor has failed.
will get him normalize whatever he has done first and see.

Initial problem was only the door not opening.

Have to stay with the car today before they start opening the engine and checking all its systems!

T30 - Terminal 30. Main supply to ECM from the battery. purely electrical related issue and not electronic related issue. That door guy has tapped the battery from the main supply which is for ECM and the accessories. Dont have to check the engine and all its system. Check only the electical points where the wire was tapped. Or ask him to revert back the changes. It may be causing open load or the short circuit to main supply to the ECM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star_aqua (Post 2750541)
T30 - Terminal 30. Main supply to ECM from the battery. purely electrical related issue and not electronic related issue. That door guy has tapped the battery from the main supply which is for ECM and the accessories. Dont have to check the engine and all its system. Check only the electical points where the wire was tapped. Or ask him to revert back the changes. It may be causing open load or the short circuit to main supply to the ECM.

I have to agree on that. Please don't touch the engine. There is most likely an electrical 'goof-up' more than anything else.

Prediction were very true and I got a chance to demonstrate the fault again today.

Yesterday when I went to the workshop, the dashboard was ripped apart and the instrument panel was taken due they isolated it as faulty. In fact he got another panel and it worked fine and car started. the extra routing was dis connected upon my insistence.

Today the repaired panel came and car started fine, only the power windows were not working. the new master mechanic was trying his stunts at getting the power windows work and concluded that all the door circuit cards have gone bad. (one of the card had moisture contamination and mostly shorted out due to it. the rest must have blown due the previous guys tricks).
In between the process this guy reconnected those two extra wire, and the story repeats again. no power to panel and engine doing protective shut down. this mechanic tried to say he didnt but i called the workshop owner and showed him the wires remaining connected at one end.

Lucky i was present there and could channelize the route of trouble shooting or else they would have gone some other way.

I had gone to this place based on reviews here for a paint job, shocker change and a stuck door problem. everything else was working fine.

The owner is good with maruti car only is what i can conclude. hope to get the car back working

Hello

My Skoda Octavia 1.9TDI has been throwing up the "Check engine electronics" light intermittently. The scan returned "P1592 Altitude sporadic: sensor /Boost pressure sensor :implausible ratio"

There is no loss of performance (atleast not noticeable).

What should be done?

Please help.

Regards

I have a Skoda Octavia 2.0 MPI and the instrument cluster has gone crazy. Just had my car serviced and was told that it needs replacing. The price for the instrument cluster is 45,000 Rs. I told him this is murder, and he told me to go to chor bazar in Mumbai and I would probably get it for 3,000.
Don't know what to do as have had the electrical checked and they say that there is no problem there.

Hello, My Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI 2010 is also giving same issue. Engine is stopping immediately after start. Changed the battery too. OBD2 is showing no communication, wirings seems intact.