Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2015, 22:32   #31
BANNED

Re: 2009 Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.4 TDI - 93K KMs - Engine Crank shaft problem

@Anurag and @Veyron...Thanks for the concern and prompt response.
Presently in Chennai and the FNGs are vague about their solutions. Most are rudimentary and uncertain about the issue when discussed.
I plan to have a look at the fuses as Briskoda suggests; if it doesnt work I guess a trip to Gurudev Motors (Skoda) will be inevitable. "Horror !!!"
Old 26th January 2015, 18:32   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Well I guess it is my turn now ! My Fabia 1.4 tdi has started displaying the ABS light now. Have driven it about 100 km now in three trips totally but the light stays on.
What are my options besides the Skoda SC ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
1. Have it connected to the scan to check which wheel's ABS has a problem.

2. As a first measure, have them remove and clean the sensor - this works most of the time.

3. If it doesn't you will have to replace that wheel's ABS sensor.

4. The scan, removal, cleaning and refitting of the sensor should take a max of 30 minutes.
In addition to what VeyronSuperSprt has said, which makes perfect sense, if you need to replace the sensors, try to shop around. In most cases the prices in the A.S.S are highly inflated.
Old 12th February 2015, 20:17   #33
BANNED

I am posting here to thank Anurag, Veyron, Dhanush and Rajeev for your help.
The ABS light on my Fabia wouldn't go away even after sustained driving. The problem was therefore REAL. I checked all the fuses as suggested by one Bhpian and found them ok. So headed for the Skoda centre.
The Skoda ASS did have gleeful look when I mentioned the problem and wanted the vehicle to be 'admitted' before they even commented on the future course of action.
I approached a Bosch SS who did the scan and told me that it could be the rear right sensor or the wiring. 'Luckily for me ' he said that a sensor had been ordered for another Fabia and would arrive in a few days. It did and was tried out. Initially the light continued with the engine running. The techie sat with the scanner plugged in and fiddled with the fuses for a while. The engine was running all this while. I too went for a cup of tea and soon enough the ABS light vanished.
The owner of the ASS and I went for a drive and the light never came on. He billed me 4750 for the sensor and scan and I took delivery. I have a feeling that everything about this isn't kosher. But then the Skoda guys would have been more expensive.
Have I been SCAMmed by the Bosch guy ?
Or should I consider myself lucky to get away sub 5000.

Last edited by fiestarry : 12th February 2015 at 20:19.
fiestarry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 20:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not if you had got back your old sensor back or you saw them opening a fresh sealed pack of the sensor to install it in your car.
Old 15th February 2015, 21:49   #35
BANNED

@Ramzsys...
I did get a sensor back but never got a chance to see a new one unwrapped. The arrival of the tea vendor was probably the cue for the action to start.
This sleight of hand and momentary brusque manner seem to be a practised art. Taught by the pros at the training centers, no doubt !
Old 16th February 2015, 08:24   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Initially the light continued with the engine running. The techie sat with the scanner plugged in and fiddled with the fuses for a while. The engine was running all this while. I too went for a cup of tea and soon enough the ABS light vanished.
The owner of the ASS and I went for a drive and the light never came on. He billed me 4750 for the sensor and scan and I took delivery.
Did you see the packaging from which it was removed and installed?

Anyway no point in thinking much over it. Be happy that all is back to normal. Had it been at Skoda ASC you would have been robbed further.

Hope all is running OK now!
Old 16th February 2015, 14:48   #37
BHPian

Quote:
for a drive and the light never came on. He billed me 4750 for the sensor and scan and I took delivery. I have a feeling that everything about this isn't kosher. But then the Skoda guys would have been more expensive.
Or should I consider myself lucky to get away sub 5000.
Mate, you have not been scammed. I get my car serviced from the last 5 years at Bosch as well (United Motors). The price of that sensor is around that range in Bosch.
Old 14th January 2017, 09:59   #38
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Need inputs on 60K Checklist for Skoda Fabia Petrol vehicle.
1. Does the Drive belt (V-belt??) need to be changed post 60k? What is the criteria for this?
2. Does the timing kit also need to be changed along with the Drive Belt?
3. Any other must-do pointers?
Thanks.

Most Viewed