Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2015, 02:52   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
And from where did you get the 1300cc GTI Engine? Can suggest some good engines for the 118 NE?
Do ask the nearest RTO guy if swapping is legal post 'New engine number' is endorsed to the RC Book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Technically it is possible, but it isn't legal to swap an engine (other than a brand new engine from manufacturer). On road, no issues until everything goes well, but it is illegal.
Technically you are right but AFAIK, if the new engine number is endorsed into the RC Book post the swap, it is accepted legally.

What many do is, don't update the RC Book post swapping.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 08:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2003 Maruti Zen Engine Swap : Twin Cam 1300cc GTi Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do ask the nearest RTO guy if swapping is legal post 'New engine number' is endorsed to the RC Book.

if the new engine number is endorsed into the RC Book post the swap, it is accepted legally.
For 'New Engines' (brand new engine purchased from manufacturer) it is possible to endorse the engine number, but in case of 'Used Engines' it isn't legal anymore is my understanding.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2015, 09:51   #48
BHPian

Re: 2003 Maruti Zen Engine Swap : Twin Cam 1300cc GTi Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Technically it is possible, but it isn't legal to swap an engine (other than a brand new engine from manufacturer) People do upgrade their engines (swapped from other / bigger cars) to use them on tracks. On road, no issues until everything goes well, but it is illegal.
Hello Mr. Boss,
I am yet to come across someone who has done an engine swap on the 118NE. I am constantly on the search, though. I have come across a Contessa whose diesel engine was swapped with a Trekker Diesel Engine. I will be posting pics, after the owner allows me to do so. The Contessa looks fine from the outside. She runs great too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks