Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 09:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour - Engine / Turbo Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhi2009 View Post
So how did it go ? Was the Problem fixed ?
Hey, Sorry for the delayed response, but was away for a few weeks.

We have not been able to work on the car yet. Will report back once we do.

Thanks.
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 00:04   #17

Hey folks, I faced the same limp mode problem.

Was returning from Trivandrum to Bangalore and a wierd noise started to come. It just got louder in 5 mins. Acceleration dropped badly it just was barely accelerating. Took it to ford Madurai, diagnosis was a that coolant is flowing through the turbo and going into the exhaust and burning. Heavy white smoke is coming from the exhaust.

I had to leave the vehicle in the service station Akshya ford and get to blore by train. They called two days ago and said that turbo can't be fixed and needs replacement and the cost of the part alone for a 2008 eddy cost 96k. I'm really at a loss here. Does anyone know a fix or someone who can? Also, can the vehicle be driven without the turbo till blore from Madurai ~450kms. My no is 9845351515 please feel free to mesg or call if you can help.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st November 2018 at 02:05. Reason: Edited post for improved readability.
Old 2nd November 2018, 13:23   #18

Hey folks, so it's been three days my vehicle is in Akshya ford and I'm not seeing too many options. Towing to blore cost more than 35k so dropped the idea. The ford guys are refusing to give the part in hand. They are ok to fix it back in the car and give the car or they will look for someone who can service. I'm in Madurai to sort this. Anyone aware of a good place in Madurai who can fix the turbo? My last option would be to tow the vehicle to a someone's house and get the part to blore.
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:02   #19

Update: So the diagnosis is that the Shaft, Core, and Vgt wings need replacement and it costs 35k. This is through an external vendor. The interesting thing is they are willing to give a 6 months service warranty, which means it will be serviced if there is a problem within these 6 months.
Old 13th November 2018, 19:06   #20

Guys, apparently the turbo core was cut and the fins and core had to be replaced. ITs all done and unfortunately even after fixing the turbo white smoke is till coming from the exhaust. I have asked them to clean the MAF (Mass Air Flow) and CC (Catalytic converter) sensors.
It's been almost two weeks now my car is in the service station and we don't have a clear solution yet.
Old 13th November 2018, 19:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitzombie View Post
Guys, apparently the turbo core was cut and the fins and core had to be replaced. ITs all done and unfortunately even after fixing the turbo white smoke is till coming from the exhaust. I have asked them to clean the MAF (Mass Air Flow) and CC (Catalytic converter) sensors.
It's been almost two weeks now my car is in the service station and we don't have a clear solution yet.
There are two mechanics in the Delhi ncr directory. One is Raj mechanic, other one is world of service. They are both quite good at sourcing parts. Raj can get you parts for Ford, that I can tell you from experience. If you give a reference of the forum, he may be able to help you source a turbo for cheap, but may need some convincing to ship. Do get in touch with them, even if he's not willing to ship the Delhi ncr chapter can help out.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 12:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Did you check with the ford parts sale shop near Yeshwantpur for parts. There you can buy any part over the counter for servicing outside. As far as the white smoke, if fluid levels are holding then it should be the residual liquid inside the exhaust system. Do double check for any leaks and fluid contamination. Oil, coolant and diesel circuits to be checked and cleared off.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2018, 22:33   #23

Thanks Mayankk and Jaggu ! Here's another update.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe the turbo Shaft, Core, and Vgt wings were replaced and this comes WITHOUT warranty ! Post the new turbo parts the smoke was still coming and I believe the MAF (Mass Air Flow) and CC (Catalytic converter) sensors were cleaned up. I got to pick my car from Madurai on 16/11/2018. I believe everything was fixed and sorted. I picked the car and as I started within a few mins the engine check lights came on briefly and then stopped. I was already on the highway and since it stopped I drove down to Bangalore. It never occurred anytime during the journey. I reached home and took the car out after a week again last Friday on 23/11/18 and this time the light became more frequent. I called the folks in Akshya Ford and sent them a pic. I was told to take it to Cauvery ford for further diagnosis. I took my car today 26/11/18 and I was told there's carbon deposit on EGR sensor and it needs replacement and it costs 35K.

Now, I did some research and here's some findings:

The Engine check light come on bcoz of the following:

1. Carbon deposits on Oxygen Sensors
2. Carbon deposits on MAF
3. Carbon deposits on CC
4. Faulty ignition coil
5. Faulty spark plugs
6. Faulty fuel cap
7. Carbon deposits on EGR sensor and valves
8. Another suggestion was to clean the air flow filters.

Now I think there seems to be a link between the work that was done and the new problem and i'm going with good faith that Cauvery guys diagnosed the problem correctly. But here's the catch, the EGR sensor and valves can be cleaned and probably Ford's policy is replace and not repair. Hence I have decided to go to a third party (a trusted source in Bangalore) and get all of these cleaned first before thinking of any sort of replacement. And before doing even that, I would first reset the ECU on the car by disconnecting the battery for 2 mins.

My suggestion to anyone having white smoke (the original problem) please try these in order before touching the turbo.

1. Check inlet and outlet hoses going to and out of the coolant can
2. Check for any residual coolant in exhaust manifold and silencer
3. Clean MAF (Mass Air Flow) and CC (Catalytic converter) sensors "THROUGHLY"
4. If everything else fails look at the turbo.

Now i have a new problem will update as soon as I am able to do a RCA. Thanks for your support guys. Team-bhp rocks !
twilitzombie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 13:49   #24

Hey Guys,

So this nagging turbo issue still exists after a couple of months, but now its sort of unpredictable. So here's the update from the last time I did something in May-June 2019. The problem I am facing is that I feel the pickup has dropped. I mean sometimes I floor the acceleration pedal and the car takes its own sweet time to get the required power and sometimes just inadequate.

I took my car to Metro Ford Lingarajapuram in Bangalore. I gave them a brief history. They diagnosed and came up with these findings:

1. EGR check light comes on and off randomly
2. Of the two solenoids that work with the turbo, they said one is not working and the other is weak.
3. The catalytic converter was chocked.

Solution is changing these parts which costs:

EGR - 35K, Solenoid Valve - (2) 15K, and Catalytic Converter - 35K

Right now, I'm looking at a possible 90k - 1L to rectify the problem.

Just frustrating to go thru all this !
Old 3rd September 2019, 13:40   #25

So my frustration continues after replacing the two solenoid valves for 15K at Metro Ford Lingarajapuram. This was done after I complained about the low pickup. The problem remains !

My first problem of the engine heating up, I thought was solved because they replaced the radiator for 18K and it ran for a few days before the same problem recurred last week. Now they are asking me to replace the EGR valve costing 17K. This time when I took the car to the service center with the engine heating problem, I opened the coolant can and found thick mud around the coolant cap. This only goes to prove they didn't clean the hoses after fitting the radiator. It is very evident that they did not do a proper diagnosis and they came to the conclusion that the radiator was the problem. Now I have the same problem and they want me to change another part costing about the same. In fact I had repeatedly requested the manager and the customer service advisor to please ask them to check the hoses and clean them. Its obvious they care two hoots to what you have to say.

I think I've had a terrible experience with Metro Ford this time and it will be my last time with them. For the last 3-4 months I have visited them the around 6 times for the same problem. What now is left is to appraise Ford India of what is happening. Another issue that i faced with Metro Ford Lingarajapuram is that every time I go there is a different manager in fact even the customer service advisors keep leaving the jobs. I have spoken to 4 different people who all have moved from there and I think it's a matter of time before they just collapse in their own attrition issues. I guess that's one the reason why Ford is literally pulling the plug on India slowly.

Oh ! And this time I have a great customer service advisor, who will never call you even if the car has been there with them for 4-5 days. If you call he will disconnect and not call back. He talks like man its your car its your problem I have nothing to do with it. I mean I feel sick trying to even write this about my experience with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks