Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 09:32   #1
BHPian

Scorpio Broke My Tail Lamp...Help Needed Please

Hello all,

Already a Bad start to the day...! Just went down to my college to get some papers left the lancer parked ..When I come back I find a nice looking dent and crack in my RHS Brake Lights and Dent in the Dicky+Spolier and Bases where SFX-i is written...and turns out that this good looking girl who has just bought her scorpio to college parked so close that she rammed the Bull Bar into my car....!
Although this girl is ready to pay for damages..she's asking me to claim from insurance the part amount..I have just changed from United India to Oriental India this month- I'm not sure a claim could be made and that to 30 % will be give if I'm not wrong - Can someone help me with the Price of SFX-i Brake Light in the Open Market- The dealer is selling them for 2200 + Fittment + Dent and Paint Extra..!
Someone Please tell me where in Delhi I can buy OEM Brake Lights, apart from the showroom...I was also told that Both the lights will be replaced LHS and RHS as Lancer has only the crystal look available now the plain look lamps are no longer in supply + If I replace only one it looks draby compared with the LHS one...!
Will post photo of the the damage...! Later...!

regards
Old 12th April 2006, 09:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
..and turns out that this good looking girl who has just bought her scorpio to college parked so close that she rammed the Bull Bar into my car....!
Sounds like a Govinda-Raveena Tandon movie....why are you so worried about the tail lamps - dont you have any better ideas?
Old 12th April 2006, 09:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Sounds like a Govinda-Raveena Tandon movie....why are you so worried about the tail lamps - dont you have any better ideas?

You mean like discussing the damages over a cup of coffee????

anyways bro.. get both the lamps changed to the new crystal clear type.. it will look good also..and you can claim insurance.. i dont think it will be a problem..Insurance will pay up only for the damaged light the other one you may have to shell out...
Old 12th April 2006, 10:20   #4
BHPian

Thanks Guys..But It's already to late..I'm already Commited..! Maybe Next Life...lol

Well She gave me 3000 To cover the damage and asked me to claim the rest from insurance- She said she cannot make a claim for damaging my car as she does not have any insurance and wanted me to settle it off reports and all as her car is not even carrying a Number plate..It was Brand new...!

Well I will speak to my insurance company, however I'm not sure that insurance is payble before 3 months or so of a Renewal or New Car...!

Any Idea of the Price of the Crystal Look Tail Lamps...!
Old 12th April 2006, 11:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well She gave me 3000 To cover the damage and asked me to claim the rest from insurance- She said she cannot make a claim for damaging my car as she does not have any insurance and wanted me to settle it off reports and all as her car is not even carrying a Number plate..It was Brand new...!

Well I will speak to my insurance company, however I'm not sure that insurance is payble before 3 months or so of a Renewal or New Car...!

Any Idea of the Price of the Crystal Look Tail Lamps...!
Dont you generally need an FIR to claim insurance.. what are you going to say in that.. self accident??
Old 12th April 2006, 11:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you want to lose your no-claims bonus for the cost of a Tail Lamp?
Old 12th April 2006, 11:58   #7
BHPian

Well..An FIR is not necessary as I remember last year, I got a claim for damage to the Front Bumper Grill claimed.
I know its not wise to lose the No claim bonus...well here is the first thing..I have changed my insurance company this April...! The cost of each tail lamp is 2200 + Cost of Fitting 200 + Denting and painting 1800 + Tax for last two comes around :

4600 for the tail lamps
2200 for the works

So its around 6800...and the no claim bonus will be around 7000 or less...So I guess No point for the extra save...!

Unless I replace only one tail light ( Which I'm not inclined to make a Mismatch lights + Only The Crystal Ones Available)

If someone can suggest me a good OEM tail lights that might cost cheaper compared to the Showroom..Then I can save some..!
Old 12th April 2006, 12:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wolfinstein try Kailash market for the tail lights. While going from LSR College towards Nehru Place on the right there is a spare parts market where you get genuine stuff at a decent discount from the retail prices. But make sure and check that the manufacturer on the box is the same as the manufacturer stamping on the tail lights. Also the expected discount should atleast be 20-30% of retail price.

Another factor which you forgot with regards to the insurance claim is that the company will only pay you 50% of the cost of the light on account of it being a plastic part and also on the denting & painting they will charge you depreciation so you will not even get the amount that you mentioned.
Old 12th April 2006, 12:38   #9
BHPian

Thanks Raghav, I know that area...Batra Automobiles + Pronto Motors...I will check them nevertheless...But My previous expierence was that the OEM they sell does not fit well...Before my last claim of my Front Grill , I had got the Orignal Grill replaced with one I bought from them and din't fit well.almost an inch out of the Bonnet...!
I will drop down there as I don;t live very far...!
About the Plastic yes I forgot its 50 % instead of 30 %, Labour and painting is paid in full, None of the metals are that damaged, they have gone in...!
I guess I should get a Pooja done on my car-The year began with Flicking of the side mirrors and now this...+ Last Year the Damage to the bumper and Grill...! Whew...!
Old 12th April 2006, 13:13   #10
BHPian

you better get a date as well
that should help make up for it!!
You cantell her that you are insured!!!!!
Old 12th April 2006, 15:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

hey mate try mayapuri market for rear tail lamps.... u might just get lucky and find the older ones (pre crystal look).
Old 12th April 2006, 18:42   #12
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Thanks Guys..But It's already to late..I'm already Commited..! Maybe Next Life...lol

How about payments made in KIND

Quote:
Whatever is your present NO CLAIM BONUS, you will stand to lose just one slab ( not more than 10% at the most) depending on the year of make.

You don't need to file an FIR if the damages are less than 10K. A letter written on plain paper with the rubber stamp of the Cop Station will suffice. Think about it carefully. you may stand to gain 2K at the most after going through the hassle. Is it worth?

God bless.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hehe.... every guy on the forum seems to be less worried about the car and more interested in "scoring" with the chiquita.

Maybe wolfinstein is leaving out some details
Old 13th April 2006, 23:38   #14
BHPian

More Trouble Than I asked......!

@ well souljah,,,,Really i'm leaving nothing...I'm already committed..and No way would I ever go out with any chick who busted my baby's Butt...!

Here's more to add to my woes...and it seems " Fate has this sense of Irony..!-Morpheus to Neo "
Here I am getting ready for another day to go and scout for the tail lights and I'm just a few feet into reverse My mom goes,Hey the cars dropping Oil...Oh ****..! I check it out seems like Engine Oil to me...I open the bonnet..No leakage anywhere...The look under the car and see the Protective Panel in the center to protect the Chamber is Oil soaked and still Tip Tip Driping Oil every few minutes..! There goes another day...!

Take her to Excel Motors, and it Lift her Up...! Now here is the Deal..!
Turns the Seal in the Gear Box has worn out and is causing the leak, I'm like Ok What Next....The Manager says- There are Two seals in the Gear Box costing @ 1500 Each and Labour charge of 1000, But he assures that if the other is not worn, then no need to replace...and here is the bomb, He says that The clutch will also have to be removed and replaced- as he says Oil will have come on the plates and + Since The Car has clocked 59832 KM replace it now once and for all...! I'm like Okey...How much is clutch replacement and the answer is 10,000 Gandhi Jee's Jeeeesssuuuusss...!
I'm still waiting to look if that oil leak was temp and stops by morning, else will get it done...! The clutch replacement was suggested and not neccessarily to be done- However was very much advised ( Either for Genuine Reasons or Meeting Sales Target) The Manager is very nice and I trust him for the last 5 years..However Cost of living is getting higher and losing money like this in a row...is something I can't afford...Could someone advise what should be my next course of action, regarding the Clutch Replacement..!

Here is a Break up of Estimate for Tail Lights

1) Lancer Tail Lights @ 2500 ( Choose Either Crystal or Plain) OEM by STANLEY

2) Lancer Tail Light Panel @ 500 ( Plain Red Reflective) OR @ 1800 ( Crystal Red Reflective) OEM By CMC

Gear Box Packing and Seal @ 1500 Each ( 2 seals)
Labour Charge @ 1000
Lubricants- As Req

These were the Showroom rates, Will visit Khan Market to see if I can Manage to find OEM lights-And I went to Batra like Raghav suggested- Appears He has no stock asked me to come after a week...Anyone else can suggest a good place in Delhi...!
Old 14th April 2006, 00:21   #15
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Does clutch replacement save you something?
As in if you go for clutch replacement after 1 year .... would it cost you more? (barring the inflation rate/ cost of living index)

I mean if there is some major common labour work involved in clutch change and seal change, then it makes sense.

And since the labour cost you say is just 1k (for seals).... So if your clutch feels good... you coud actually wait.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks