Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2006, 12:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Problem with fuel gauge in Esteem

hi ppl
ever since the first day that i got my esteem the fuel gauge is behaving weird.........the needle just doesnt go up to the full mark even if we top up the tank to the brim........and then through the day the needle just sticks itself in any position that it wants....so to see the amount of fuel left we have to havr our calculators ready and keep checking the trip meter that has to be reset everytime we tank up....
on talking to vitesse(where the car has been going for its service from day one) they said that they have calbrated and recalibrated the tank 3 times but to no avail.....
now since the warranty is off they are saying we could change the entire line for you for 6000rs.......
i feel cheated not by vitesse but also by maruti
anuone faced such problems in their marutis or for that matter their esteems plz post here..........
and i expect a really sound solution and advice from the seniors as i am totally frustrated......
plz help!!!

keep revving!!!!
Old 14th April 2006, 13:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta
hi ppl
ever since the first day that i got my esteem the fuel gauge is behaving weird.........the needle just doesnt go up to the full mark even if we top up the tank to the brim........and then through the day the needle just sticks itself in any position that it wants....so to see the amount of fuel left we have to havr our calculators ready and keep checking the trip meter that has to be reset everytime we tank up....
on talking to vitesse(where the car has been going for its service from day one) they said that they have calbrated and recalibrated the tank 3 times but to no avail.....
now since the warranty is off they are saying we could change the entire line for you for 6000rs.......
i feel cheated not by vitesse but also by maruti
anuone faced such problems in their marutis or for that matter their esteems plz post here..........
and i expect a really sound solution and advice from the seniors as i am totally frustrated......
plz help!!!

keep revving!!!!

Well, i had a similar problem with my esteem Lx-1997, the fuel level used to refuse to rise above the empty mark. I got the "fuel guage" (which is a part of the fuel pump inside the petrol tank) changed for 1.5k. It was perfect after that but there was still a slight problem, it was like suppose if i fill in 10litres of fuel then the level used to remain at empty and when i used to brim my car it would go till 3/4th level not more.

Din't get time to get a way around this problem coz we sold that car and now i am driving a 2006 Esteem Vxi and 2006 Baleno.

Hope it helps
Old 14th April 2006, 18:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey I am also facing similar problems, i have also posted this quary but i know now for sure that the gauage is working fine, there may be an issue with the float. Get it checked from a authorised service station and escallate the issue to maruti customer care. write a detailed mail about all that happened the maruti people will come running after you to get the issue fixed cause they are very passionate about customer service. My friend's esteem got hit by a truck an the right side fender and door got damaged he was in shimla at that time so he went to a local service station and got a temporary door when he came to delhi the maruti poople refused to change the door as they said the warranty was void he then escallated the issue and soon every thing was fixed. he got a brand new door and a fendor.
Old 14th April 2006, 18:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

som eproblem with the earthing or the float inside the petrol tank ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks