Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 13:37   #16
BHPian

lol mpower that was a good imaginary description of the insanity into such a project. its better the person concerned looks for a new chassis and preferably have it rear mounted like the beetle. maybe he will have a bank balance then!!!!!!!
Old 20th April 2006, 21:51   #17
BANNED

thnx a lot veyron1,mpower...explaining the whole thing in detail,is really appreciable...thnx a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
lol mpower that was a good imaginary description of the insanity into such a project. its better the person concerned looks for a new chassis and preferably have it rear mounted like the beetle. maybe he will have a bank balance then!!!!!!!

i had that idea too in my mind 2fast4u,but again,it wont be road legal coz u cannot make a registeration certificate *R.C* for that "NEW CHASSIS" and engine ...
Old 21st April 2006, 11:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

haha, good one, Mpower. but a few thoughts;

the crv's power take off is designed to transmit about just 60% of engine torque under max. load. now that would mean that the engine would lose about 40% power JUST in transmission. actual torque at wheels would also go down by another 10-15%. of course, i've never seen an opened up crv transmission or worked on one, so dunno the specifics.

as for N-S engine mountings, the problem lies with the engine mounting bosses itself, not chassis; the E-W mounted engines typically have three mounting points as opposed to 2 for N-S, don't they?

and since we're speaking hi-pathetically...why not bolt on a turbojet at the rear? that would be far more cost-effective (and a li'l faster too)....and we can retain the original front engine; so in net effect we'll get a twin engine AWD....
Old 22nd April 2006, 04:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

Once you lock the front diff, its 100% to the rear. I have discussed this with a Getrag engineer and considered doing it
to my Eclipse.
In both cases, its 3-point mounts. 3rd mount on N-S config is under the trans.
The Mid Engine is executable and will yield the most benefits in handling. But it will be a 2 seater.
Ashraf Shaikh had done a mid engine 800 eons ago.
Old 23rd April 2006, 01:24   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
The Mid Engine is executable and will yield the most benefits in handling. But it will be a 2 seater.
hi!!! could u please throw some more light here ??? how is it done??? and is it possible in a car with a monocoque structure like the OHC ?????
Old 25th April 2006, 08:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
hi!!! could u please throw some more light here ??? how is it done??? and is it possible in a car with a monocoque structure like the OHC ?????
See option#2 in my post#15.
Old 27th April 2006, 03:05   #22
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
and since we're speaking hi-pathetically...why not bolt on a turbojet at the rear? that would be far more cost-effective (and a li'l faster too)....and we can retain the original front engine; so in net effect we'll get a twin engine AWD....

You want some more fun? Simply let the jet engine at the rear drive the rear wheels, & the OHC engine drive the front!

Last edited by elf : 27th April 2006 at 03:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks