Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2006, 12:45   #46
BHPian

ha ha ha...That will be the day we will have free fuel...considering you can kick the machine and make it work...recently pick pockted credit card will be used for fueling one time transaction..!
Machine will re-set after power failure..Believe me..It does seem so convient for self pumps...But its no hassle free thing also...I was working for American Express and have had so many customers complain on inaccurate Fuel Charges..double swipe...Excess charging..the works..!

To ad more,,While I was in dubai during my child years...I remember the gang used to climb onto Pepsi vending machines, shake it ...tilt it a little...jump on it to get free Pepsi's out...Lol..
Old 19th May 2006, 12:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
Machine will re-set after power failure..Believe me..It does seem so convient for self pumps...But its no hassle free thing also...I was working for American Express and have had so many customers complain on inaccurate Fuel Charges..double swipe...Excess charging..the works..!
@wolf, that's news. I was not aware of these issues with self-service dispensers. Oh, man. That's bad. In that case, I would rather deal with the pump attendant than have to deal with call centres.
No offense to you or any others working there.
Old 19th May 2006, 18:57   #48
BHPian

Supreme Baleno...Only the Excess Fuel Charge..Paid already No Fuel..Faulty charge were the case...Rest..I've used self pumps there..found them amazing..lol..!

BTW I quit Amex in Sep 2005 for My MBA prep..So No offence taken..!
Old 21st May 2006, 19:07   #49
BHPian

v.tec, did you check whether the attendant had reset the counter to 0 before starting? Especially when a bike before you had filled up 2-3 L, and if the dispenser is fast, you can easily miss it. Also, beware of 'oil-paani check karuun?' types. They distact you for that critical moment.

M
Old 21st May 2006, 20:41   #50
BHPian

was seeing him throughout.. n saw the counter at zero
Old 30th June 2006, 10:45   #51

Guys!!!!! Glad i will be able to answer this one,since we have had a filling station for the last 25 yrs. the auto cut off mech when engaged fills the tank so rapidly that the petrol froths up....and when this touches the tip of the nozzle it trips the auto cut off...now when u fill the petrol manually u fill it slower coz u wanna keep track of the digits that wizz past. SO please stop suspecting ur poor dealer!!!!...
Old 30th June 2006, 11:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hey darshan1, welcome to the forum. Where from in Kollam ? And which filling station in Kollam is owned by you guys ?
Now that you we can get some answers straight from the horse's mouth, I have a doubt for you. In Chennai filling stations, if I go and ask for say 20 litres of petrol, the guy starts filling and then around midway, he cuts off the flow by releasing the lever. Then starts again till he reaches 20 litres. There is no need to cut off midway and I am sure there is some cheating involved here, but don't know how it works. Could you shed some light on this ?

They do this even when set to auto-cutoff. So, nowadays, I clearly tell him "Set to auto-cutoff and keep your hands off or else I don't pay".
Old 30th June 2006, 12:42   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
the one near archana, gk1..near moolchand flyover..im a regular customer there though..!
the one opposite the park next to the cab stand in B block... damn i am a regular there as well
Old 29th August 2006, 02:52   #54

Hey, SupremeBaleno,
Looks like Darshan1 doesn't want to spill the beans entirely on their modus operandi. even i wud like to know why they let go off the lever midway and depress again; ain't nobody cite reasons like fingers aching or somehting like that, bcos they do it when filling 5 ltrs into my bike. So there definitely is a catch.

The only way i see we can avoid getting cheated is to fill into jerry cans and transfer into the tank; this method still does wonders to the FE on my bike. I know it's a little tedious but better than feeling cheated everytime u fill up.
Old 29th August 2006, 04:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

my pulsar tank capacity is 15 liters.one day the bike Just went into reserve so i turned the fuel cock from on to reserve and headed to the petrol pump which was about 600 meters away.and i asked him to top it off.i expected it to stop at about 12 considerin it had just gone into reserve.the reserve capacity is 3 liters in my bike.but it goes on and on and it stopped at 16 so tht means he filled close to 19 liters !! thats not possible at all !!!

Rev
Old 29th August 2006, 20:50   #56
BHPian

I was going through this thread and then realised that there are lots of issues to this case. The fuel tank, the pipe to the tank, atmospheric pressure and timings, because morning before 8 is the best time to fill they say.
One thing we must really ensure is that the fuel pump is at 0000 when the fueling starts. Make it a point to get down of the vehicle, check the reading and then tell him how much to put.

I have been fueling in Goa and when I took the alto to the fueling station, I estimated around 20 litres to go in, but to my surprise it topped up at 18 itself. The tank was half full i guess at that time. I did not think it to be serious as I thought the fuel guage could show higher becuase of parking on a slope or so. Now i need to pay attention becuase in other pumps I think on the same level,more fuel is shown to have gone into the vehicle.

thanks for this issue, ensure 0 and try again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks