Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 17:53   #1
BHPian

Knocking sound from the rear of my Santro

Hi folks,

Off late, I have noticed that there has been a knocking sound (tuk tuk tuk) coming from the rear wheel (?) of my Santro. Its getting kinda worse now and the sound is considerably high. It happens mainly when I take a left turn (not for right) and when i go over a bumpy ride.

Any idea as to what could be wrong? I really don't want to take this to a mechanic without having an idea of what could be wrong. I am guessing this has something to do with the rear suspension :(

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th April 2006 at 21:20.
Old 19th April 2006, 18:15   #2
aZa
Senior - BHPian

psynaps3 how old is ur car and what tyres are u on ? and when was the last time u got ur alignment done ? Do you have alloy rims ? Does the sound come under braking or while over rough patches or only while turning left ?
Old 19th April 2006, 19:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
how old is ur car and what tyres are u on ?
The car is around 3-4 years old. Have done close to 40k kms.
Running on stock tyres. Had changed two of the tyres (front ones) to tubeless a couple of months back. All of them are bridgestone.

Quote:
when was the last time u got ur alignment done ?
Got the alignment and balancing done when I had changed the front two tyres. This should be around 4 months back I guess.

Quote:
Do you have alloy rims ?
No

Quote:
Does the sound come under braking or while over rough patches or only while turning left ?
It comes while going through rough patches mostly. However I have noticed that it is most significant when I take a left turn. Even a small turn of the steering to the left and running over a moderately rough patch will cause this sound to come. The same does not hold true while turning to the right.

Thanks.
Old 19th April 2006, 20:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

I do believe Hyundai service stations for their A.S.S
Show them your car. And I hear taht MGF(Kerala cars?) dont do good service with their Ford cars and hence I suggest other service centers. Hilton of Tvm does great A.S.S. job
Old 19th April 2006, 20:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey dude..frm what u descripe..it could be from the bearings..get ur wheel bearings checked..mostly they must be jammed or worn out...if not..then get the suspension checked....post what happened after u get it checked..
Old 19th April 2006, 21:01   #6
BHPian

Sure, will take it to the garage this weekend.
Old 20th April 2006, 01:31   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Maybe something is stuck in the front left wheel... or mebbe something is touching it. So when the front left wheel turns inside the sound starts ... u will have to get it checked
Old 20th April 2006, 02:07   #8
BHPian

check out the muffler if its loose sometimes it could be something as small as that or it could be ur springs or suspentions - - take it to some local garage just for a routine cheack dont get it fixed just ask for quotation first and then if it affordable and u think they have resoned the whole thing out right and thr is no other option get ur work done - but make sure u see everything tht happenes on and to ur car its one way to learn and also save money from the ppl who do monkey business
Goodnite

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks