Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 14:36   #31
BHPian

Re: Do all Tata cars 'age' permanently?

We have a Indica vista in our house which was purchased in Nov 2009. It has run 50k odd kms till date and we have not faced any major problems till date. Clutch replacement was done 2k kms back. Apart from that the vehicle is running as expected(touch wood).

As pointed out by many in this thread tata cars are easy to maintain if you have a local mechanic with whom you have a good rapport with.
Old 7th September 2012, 14:58   #32
BHPian

My Indica Vista is purchased in jan 2009. Till date I have completed 79,000 KMs on it. Still it feels like brand new on every front...

My friends Indica V2 non turbo is 7 years old with 1,90,000 KMs on Odo. Car still feels lot better than its age. He drives it crazily fast.
Old 8th September 2012, 01:19   #33
BHPian

Even my 2004 Optra 1.8P has a sluggish/aged engine. It has run 135k kms till now. It feels very sprightly till 80kmph , but the engine is very reluctant to go above speeds of 100 kmph , like some has put a kind of limiter in it and the engine starts growling a lot. I guess going by my experience, even chevy cars don't age well. It is giving me countless electrical problems and some or the other connecting pipes/parts keep coming off. All my services have been done timely from the A.S.S. I'm now waiting for the festive season to start so that i can get a good deal on the resale cos i get really tensed when i take it anywhere!
Some problems i have faced from 120k kms to 135k kms-
-Engine feels sluggish to say the least, i get huge servicing bills with so and so things replaced, but performance is the same, also the engine noise has increased.
-Steering seal leak, a.s.s quoted 17k for replacement of R&P, thus decided to get seal replaced from trusted mechanic but still after 3 attempts he is not able to solve it and i can nearly always smell the oil leaking when i am driving. Also steering has become very hard.
-Coolant container leak.
-Wiper water spray motor needs to be replaced, doesn't work.
-The 2 front door handles(inner) split in half. Replaced @ Rs 815 per handle.
-Fuel gauge doesn't give accurate reading, this is happening from 100k kms, haven't replaced the gauge till yet as quoted a price of 3.5k. Only solution- I always try to keep tank to near full levels.
-Fuel lid not closing, lock replaced.
-Fuel tank leaking from below the car, mechanic found it while doing the steering work.
-Power steering pump making loud noise all the time, due to oil leak.
-Ac control knobs under ICE for toggling hot/cold air, air mode etc not working.
-Reverse gear and 5th gear ratios have become very notchy, the reverse ratio is especially very difficult to engage and needs an experienced hand!
-Randomly during normal driving the engine stops and i find so and so pipe has disconnected and i then need to call the A.S.S guy for pipe replacement.

So i guess its not only TML cars , but also other cars that age permanently, we have just got to guesstimate when our car is about to get "old", and selll it at the right time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks