Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 15:09   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
+ now its illegal to sell anything with 'false advertisement'. so i believe maruti will have to take back my baleno and return me my full money.
Recently you claimed you never drive above 100-120Kmph, therefore how does it matter whether it is 91 or 94. Besides, you get 91bhp at 5500rpm, have you ever gone to 5500rpm? I am guessing 90% of the owners never revv beyond 4000rpm. Even the 10% that do, don't revv it beyond 4000 90% of the time. It may be just 1%-2% who revv it all time and they are the type who will start engine/exhaust/filter/suspension mods from day one. For them it doesn't matter 91 or 94 since they are thinking 110 or 120bhp with their stage 2 or stage 3 mods.

Quote:
Guys, what do u think, should we just ask maruti to "return the original car cost and we return them the car" or should we seek some monetary compensation?
On what justification?

BTW, I am probably the first E-III Baleno owner (purchased in Apr05) in the forum and I am not complaining. I have taken my Baleno to 175kmph (speedo) and quite happy with the performance.

Of course, if you want to make a case about correcting speedo errors in Maruti cars, then I'll support you.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:11   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
if we jump a redlight we pay a fine, it should b same with them.
well said.

I am sure to put a case on maruti for this should not cost me more than rs.1000/-

any way i can't sue them for low FE which will cost me a lot, atleast let me sue them for "misleading ads". I might not win the case, but i am sure like the way maruti "correct the ad today", they will change a few more things and will be more honest to the customers.

BTW : maruti guys, your ads still have the "body colored mirrors" and "body colored door handles", which i didn't get with my vxi. This again is a misleading ad. I am sure you will correct this in your next ad on timesofindia.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti changed its ads of 94 bhp within a couple of days after the issue was raised here on Team-BHP(which they had not done for months before). And now prince you are talking as if 94 bhp and 91 bhp are one and the same i really wonder if you had bought a bs-III with the knowledge of it being 91 bhp, what would have been your reaction ??
As if i ever said that 94 bhp and 91bhp are one and the same

I had the knowledge of it being 91bhp but then i don't mind since its more eco-friendly and i feel sad for you if you thought it was 94bhp when you bought it but i was well informed. I don't mind the 3bhp difference, Frankly i don't find any difference in power of the BS!! Baleno and the BS!!! BAleno atleast when you drive it.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
On what justification?
Simple, the sales man claimed 12 kmpl FE when he sold that car, now i am not getting it. And i have been told i cannot sue them. Which is unfair.

Now if maruti has told 94 instead of 91, regardless of how it can impact, 'wrong info' is a 'wrong info', Maruti cannot justify it. Legally I am sure they can be sued.

Quote:
Of course, if you want to make a case about correcting speedo errors in Maruti cars, then I'll support you.
what is the discrepancy about 'speedo error'?
Old 17th May 2006, 15:27   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Recently you claimed you never drive above 100-120Kmph, therefore how does it matter whether it is 91 or 94. Besides, you get 91bhp at 5500rpm, have you ever gone to 5500rpm? I am guessing 90% of the owners never revv beyond 4000rpm. Even the 10% that do, don't revv it beyond 4000 90% of the time. It may be just 1%-2% who revv it all time and they are the type who will start engine/exhaust/filter/suspension mods from day one. For them it doesn't matter 91 or 94 since they are thinking 110 or 120bhp with their stage 2 or stage 3 mods.
What a perfect reply there Samurai, hats off to you man

Venky, go ahead and sue maruti for its 1k that you losing.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Simple, the sales man claimed 12 kmpl FE when he sold that car, now i am not getting it. And i have been told i cannot sue them. Which is unfair.
Well the sales guy was not wrong in what he told you. The baleno does return 12-13kmpl with the a/c on atleast in the hands of a normal driver.

As i have told you before, check your car but then i suspect it is your driving style which needs to be corrected . 8kmpl is absurd, it takes it into the Honda accord, Toyota Camry territory
Old 17th May 2006, 15:38   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
FE is never guaranteed, it depends on your driving style. For every guy who gets below 10, I am sure maruti can produce 10 more who get more than 12kmpl. You will find many in this forum, I too get around 11kmpl in city.

Quote:
Now if maruti has told 94 instead of 91, regardless of how it can impact, 'wrong info' is a 'wrong info', Maruti cannot justify it. Legally I am sure they can be sued.
You can sue, but you won't win. First you have to show to the court how it affects you. Going by your driving style you can never claim it affects you.

Quote:
what is the discrepancy about 'speedo error'?
It is a known fact that the Maruti speedometers are very inaccurate at speeds above 120kmph. Therefore, when I say I did 175kmph, I really don't know what was the real speed.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

If the Advts in Chennai papers are any indication, it is most probably an advt placed by the dealer(s). You can't sue MUL for that. You could maybe take on the dealer(s). Either the dealer(s) were ignorant of the reduction in BHP or wanted to mislead people or just used an older advertisement. Any which way you look at it, you are free to sue the dealers. If it was indeed an advt by MUL, then suing them is possible.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:42   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
If the Advts in Chennai papers are any indication, it is most probably an advt placed by the dealer(s). You can't sue MUL for that. You could maybe take on the dealer(s). Either the dealer(s) were ignorant of the reduction in BHP or wanted to mislead people or just used an older advertisement. Any which way you look at it, you are free to sue the dealers. If it was indeed an advt by MUL, then suing them is possible.
These ads we are discussing were actually by MUL itself.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:45   #85
BHPian

Quote:

On what justification?
its not a matter whether u go at that speed or not, its not that the 3 more horses will make the difference, its that u sold me the wrong thing.

its about ethics, which, unfortunately most of us lack.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:46   #86
BHPian

Quote:
You can sue, but you won't win. First you have to show to the court how it affects you. Going by your driving style you can never claim it affects you.
If maruti can put 94 instead of 91, then tomorrow NHC also can post and ad of 91 bhp instead of its 77 bhp.

"show the court how it affects you".....if this is the most important factor than i am sure this is a loop hole in the legal system and car manufacturers can post a lot more incorrect info and get away with it.
Old 17th May 2006, 15:51   #87
BHPian

Quote:
sorry if i sound brash to nybody, but how can i not win? i dont have to show to the court how it afects me. all i have to show is "MUL sold me a car claiming 94 BHP which it is not". the minute i do it, the judgement is in my favour.

you buy a cellphone which as per company claims has a GPRS function. it works out that it actually does not have.

now presuming that 99.99 percent people in india dont use GPRS wud the court rule in the company's favour or your favour.
Old 17th May 2006, 16:20   #88
BHPian

Quote:
but how can i not win? i dont have to show to the court how it afects me. all i have to show is "MUL sold me a car claiming 94 BHP which it is not". the minute i do it, the judgement is in my favour.
Its exactly because of what naveen has mentioned, Maruti was quick to change its ads with in 2-3 days of this issue being raised on Team-BHP.

Kudos to Team-BHP !!!

In the next 2-3 days even the 'body colored mirrors' and 'body colored door handles' will be gone
Old 17th May 2006, 18:38   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
sorry if i sound brash to nybody, but how can i not win? i dont have to show to the court how it afects me. all i have to show is "MUL sold me a car claiming 94 BHP which it is not". the minute i do it, the judgement is in my favour.
Well, if that's what you think, go ahead and sue. It will be interesting if nothing else. BTW, do you have access to independent dyno facility to prove your case? Do note that the burden of proof is on you. We know 91bhp because Maruti website says so. They can easily shirk responsibility saying that the dealers are using old brochures.

Quote:
you buy a cellphone which as per company claims has a GPRS function. it works out that it actually does not have.
Actually this is a much stronger case. You can possibly prove your work is affected because of missing GPRS facility. But proving the affect of 91 vs 94, that is a pipe dream unless you are a racer, but this can be easily overcome by changing the exhaust.
Old 17th May 2006, 19:01   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Well said ..

Quote:
But proving the affect of 91 vs 94, that is a pipe dream unless you are a racer, but this can be easily overcome by changing the exhaust.
And there lies the secret behind why that difference of 3 bhp came about ..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks