Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 15:24   #16
BHPian

I have a vRS and I have tried both Speed and Speed97. I found Speed97 better - car runs much smoother, goes like a jack-rabbit when I boot it and gives me more mileage. With Speed, I used to average 11-11.25kms per litre with Speed97 I get almost 12 (NORMAL driving - no redlining). I have clocked 18k kms using Speed97 without any problems. Ofcourse, in Delhi, its available @Rs.55/litre.
Old 9th September 2006, 17:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
I think u do get 93 Oct petrol without additives why not try that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS
The only place where higher octane fuel without additives (98 octane) was available in Mumbai was the Reliance pump at Navi Mumbai. But they too have discontinued it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I know Monkey uses Speed97. And his car runs like a dream.

I agree about the additives though. DCIL has strictly advised to use only regular diesel in my C220.

GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
With Speed 97 the car handles like a dream and Speed 97 doesnt have any additives... Its pure 97 octane... BTW Xtrapremium 91 Octane is better than Speed 93..
So if the price doesnt hurt ur pocket then please feel free to use 97..

Pure petrol (gasoline) cannot meet even the basic octane requirements... all petrols have additives.... The higher the octane rating, the higher the amount of additives... There is no such thing as Pure 97octane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by From wikipedia
...Gasoline is produced in oil refineries. Material that is separated from crude oil via distillation, called natural gasoline, does not meet the required specifications for modern engines (in particular octane rating; see below), but will form part of the blend......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline
Old 14th September 2006, 23:09   #18
BHPian

Hello Everybody,
Being a petrol pump owner,I will let out a sceret.The "speed" that Bharat petroleum sells is actually 93 octane!!!

Now for the perfomance for a RS....i will strongly recomend 97.U can feel the difference on a hot afternoon,if u use 91 to 97.

Hope I have cleared a lot of bugs in our motorsport brains!

Karan
KS Motorsport is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks