Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 23:05   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
My vehicle doctor, who has a garage in Gurgaon and has an experience of 25 yrs, told me that Tata Motors claim only 10Km/L with AC for their Safaris/DICORS.

He said that 12Kms/L with AC on highway for Safari was very unusual. I have not yet let in the secret to him...!!
Thats so well....form 10 to 12 is gain of 20% with increased performance & smoothness.......by doing this u r keeping environment clean too....even if we dont get all such benefit & only emission improvement then also its so good......keep using....once u r used to it.....just try to run your car without it...feel the difference..this reverse checking wil let u know the way this wonderful thing works......also there is no harm using it consistantly....it always whenever added in right proportion will increase performance & fuel efficiency.....

Enjoy........

Last edited by finetuning : 14th July 2006 at 23:06.
Old 15th July 2006, 08:42   #137
Senior - BHPian

I did that too for the last two days by running it on normal diesel (no turbojet, XtraPremium or Hi-Speed) and literally was tearing my hair out.

Lost pik-up when AC switched on or everytime the compressor kicked-in, saw belching smoke and the engine sounded as if it had severe sore throat..

Didn't check on the FE though

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Thats so well....form 10 to 12 is gain of 20% with increased performance & smoothness.......by doing this u r keeping environment clean too....even if we dont get all such benefit & only emission improvement then also its so good......keep using....once u r used to it.....just try to run your car without it...feel the difference..this reverse checking wil let u know the way this wonderful thing works......also there is no harm using it consistantly....it always whenever added in right proportion will increase performance & fuel efficiency.....

Enjoy........
Old 15th July 2006, 09:07   #138
DRC
BHPian

Everyone seems to be happy with this magic liquid, Did anyone check the plastcs and rubber in the fuel line after you have started using this?
I know accetone is deadly on plastics like Poly corbonate
Old 16th July 2006, 20:52   #139
BHPian

I dont think adding 0.02% acetone in fuel affects anything except good drivability...reduced emission & incresed FE........fuel remains as it is at 99.98%.....

Enjoy.....
Old 17th July 2006, 10:22   #140
BHPian

Hi All,

I stay in Delhi and I had a trip scheduled for Nainital on last Friday and I thought of trying Acetone in my 2000 model Santro. I put some petrol in 500ml pepsi bottle (thoroughly cleaned and rinsed with petrol) and prepared a 70ml Acetone mixture (35L fuel tank).

I left early in the morning (4:00 AM) and added the mixture before getting the tank full. Within minutes I could feel the difference. Earlier the car used to struggle beyond 90KMPH but now it was eagerly running at 110 KMPH and could have done more but I never cross beyond 110 - 115 KMPH. The real difference was in smoothness. The car was humming and noticeably responsive. I could drive uphill on my way to Nainital in 5th gear whereas I had to use 4th or even 3rd gear previously.

Great experience .... sometimes feels too good to be true :-)
Old 17th July 2006, 10:31   #141
BANNED

A question here for the acetone guru's.. would this work on a 2 stroke bike as well?
Old 17th July 2006, 11:00   #142
BHPian

yeah it works fine with 2stroke,using it on my old kinetic no probs till date
Old 20th July 2006, 08:25   #143
Senior - BHPian

Acetone & Plastics

I don't know of this aspect or gave a thought since Acetone itself comes in a plastic bottle...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Everyone seems to be happy with this magic liquid, Did anyone check the plastcs and rubber in the fuel line after you have started using this?
I know accetone is deadly on plastics like Poly corbonate
Old 20th July 2006, 16:24   #144

acetone reacts with polycarbonate and rubber . i think it comes in polypropylene bottles. as fine tuning said the quantity is of acetone used is very less i think it will not harm the fuel lines .i have checked adding acetone in a diesel engine (fork lift ) . after using the mixture for a few days i have seen engine starts in the first crank .

make sure u buy lab grade acetone .
Old 20th July 2006, 17:08   #145
BHPian

About the acetone affecting fuel pipes...here is the test done....

Would acetone melt plastic or neoprene parts like in fuel pumps or fuel hoses?
That rumor comes from the oil companies, I believe. There are false rumors we have contradicted over and over. We have dozens of such parts soaking outside for months in various solutions of gasoline with up to 10% acetone which is several hundred times too much. No damage so far.

This is from the article....http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/faq.htm

Enjoy.....
Old 30th July 2006, 11:22   #146
Senior - BHPian

can anybody guide me as to where we could get this acetone in Chennai. I have tried in a few medical shops and they declined to have any.. ?
Old 30th July 2006, 15:31   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
can anybody guide me as to where we could get this acetone in Chennai. I have tried in a few medical shops and they declined to have any.. ?
it should be available in any medical shop,did u ask for pure acetone
Old 30th July 2006, 21:25   #148
BHPian

How come they declined. Its very easy to get it anywhere. Acetone is available many places, i use it quite often to remove feviquick.
Old 11th August 2006, 13:21   #149

started using acetone on Bajaj Caliber thats done 1,00,000 plus kms. I am adding 2.5 ml for every litre of petrol

some noticable improvements so far

1. Had to use choke and the alumium engine would take about a min to stabilize before I started using acetone. Now, engine fires up in first or second kick during cold start (without choke) and stabilizes within seconds.

2. I can now start rolling from standing using idling in 1st gear. Without acetone the engine shuts off if clutch is released in idling

3. Torque is much better now. I can shift gears up earlier and even at 80 kms/hr there is instant throttle response. !

Can say without doubt that the Caliber engine is performing much better with acetone and I intend to continue using it.

Planning to do systematic mileage testing next week, will post my findings once its done

Thanks finetuning for the info that you are posting here

Last edited by ashyanbhog : 11th August 2006 at 13:24.
Old 11th August 2006, 13:35   #150
BHPian

I think much more thanks goes to this wonderful forum for any benefits we are getting.....I m also very happy that acetrone is making most of ppl happy with performance & mileage gains.....it is the scientific approach for better combustion with reduced exhaust emissions......keep using this wonderful thing & smiling.....

Enjoy....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks