Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2006, 17:50   #46
ECM
BHPian

I fully agree with Finetuning's view

Why hesitate boys?It looks like pehle aap pehle aap(so I survive like theory)!This guy wrote clearly that he has tested and its proven.Dear Finetuning I have just filled up my tank of Baleno and used 2 ml acetone and will post my result in next 24 hrs as I am gonna have a run of 400 kms tomorrow.Thx a tonn for free selfless services fm you.Honestly I did find a visible change and a quick pickup in my engine.I wonder what will my FE now??Wait for 24 hrs to post me the result on your theory of adding acetone in petrol.
Old 11th May 2006, 21:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Why hesitate boys?It looks like pehle aap pehle aap(so I survive like theory)!This guy wrote clearly that he has tested and its proven.Dear Finetuning I have just filled up my tank of Baleno and used 2 ml acetone and will post my result in next 24 hrs as I am gonna have a run of 400 kms tomorrow.Thx a tonn for free selfless services fm you.Honestly I did find a visible change and a quick pickup in my engine.I wonder what will my FE now??Wait for 24 hrs to post me the result on your theory of adding acetone in petrol.
Dear ECM,
I m happy that u tired it.instant power increase is the most easily felt improvement......more power....more pick up....smooth running of engine.....less exhaust sound black smoke if any.....visibly no load of air condition.....if we get all this with increased life of an engine by complete burning of fuel....then why so much hesitation?......

If care is taken while driving.....it will improve FE........but need to be checked.....

One thing I noticed is that when we dont add acetone.....(reverse checking)
then clearly we miss so many thing....we loose power...smoothness....its almost felt instantlty.......Imagine with such senario we were driving till now...& using so many additives..fuel enhancers which were nothing but acetone+some chemical......but base remaining acetone....

Alll bike user must try this.....

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 11th May 2006 at 21:55.
Old 12th May 2006, 13:16   #48
BHPian

Thanks a ton finetuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Dear RoaringEngine,

Thanks for ur interest.......do read the article once again carefully...which states that 0.781 ml per liter is equal to 1 Oz.per ten gallon......now normal requirement is 2 to 4 Oz per ten gallon.....
Hey Finetuning,
Thanks alot for this eye opening man. cheez I guess I did not read the information in the web that clear. thanks for making it clear man.
you rock!
Old 12th May 2006, 22:43   #49
BHPian

My Bad Luck

I finally went ahead & added acetone in my car i did this at haji ali, by the time i hit worli the car was smoother, on worli sea face the car was really peppy. i defintely felt a difference in how the car responded. But i have a really sad ending to the day, A sumo smashed into the side of my zen at mahim & now my poor car is in the garage for the next 10 days. So I cant really give a feedback on the FE & am really very dissapointed on the accident but yup i vote for Acteone its great.

Last edited by Kaizer Sozay : 12th May 2006 at 22:44.
Old 12th May 2006, 22:55   #50
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
I finally went ahead & added acetone in my car i did this at haji ali, by the time i hit worli the car was smoother, on worli sea face the car was really peppy. i defintely felt a difference in how the car responded. But i have a really sad ending to the day, A sumo smashed into the side of my zen at mahim & now my poor car is in the garage for the next 10 days. So I cant really give a feedback on the FE & am really very dissapointed on the accident but yup i vote for Acteone its great.
So sorry to note this dear Ajalphonso but now I am worried as well coz I have sent my car with my driver today and tomorrow he is comming back home.I hope no sumo meets him on the way as I have also added acetone in the tank(LOL).Don't worry my friend and I wish you'll get your car back as soon as possible,good luck.
Old 13th May 2006, 13:14   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajalphonso
Welcome back dear ajalphonso,

Its a sad part of ownership of loved car.....but nothing to worry....I m happy that at last u decided to add wonderful acetone.......now do use regularly have smile from ur engine....u know......when we add acetone....engine loves it so much......

Enjoy............
Old 13th May 2006, 14:29   #52
BHPian

hi finetuning as u know had added acetone to my kinetic and its running wonderfully,but it was mixed in normal petrol can acetone be added to speed etc
Old 13th May 2006, 17:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi finetuning as u know had added acetone to my kinetic and its running wonderfully,but it was mixed in normal petrol can acetone be added to speed etc
Dear yogi1771,

Acetone can be added in any types of petrol.....normal or speed or other high octane petrol....also it can be added in diesel too.....add 2.5 ml per liter in petrol .....1.5 ml per liter in diesel............

I advise u to try reverse way...means check without adding acetone......u will be wondering why till now we were not using this wonderful thing.......acetone decreases the surface tension of petrol/diesel thereby allowing them vapourise fully....fats yielding efficient...complete combustion.....this was the secret of many racers worldwide......................

Enjoy..............
Old 21st May 2006, 11:27   #54
Senior - BHPian

Acetone & Diesel

Call it luck or providence, I accidented upon this forum by chance. I am an owner of a 1998 Tata Safari 4x4 having done 51K and in pristine condition. You guys can have a look at the vehicle at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/tata-safari/.

I must mention that very recently I got the pump & nozzle service done for the Safari. I tried the acetone treatment a few days back and did find a considerable difference in the performance. However, though the exhaust emmission seems to have gone down, but I still have to give a real hard look at that.

Recently am planning to drive to Bombay (I live in Gurgaon, haryana) in June end. The real effect of the acetone treatment should be clear then. Till then I am open to all kinds of experiments - so, let the noble thoughts come from all sides..!!!
Old 21st May 2006, 17:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
So sorry to note this dear Ajalphonso but now I am worried as well coz I have sent my car with my driver today and tomorrow he is comming back home.I hope no sumo meets him on the way as I have also added acetone in the tank(LOL).Don't worry my friend and I wish you'll get your car back as soon as possible,good luck.
YEAH!! My cars back & she looks as good as new, & i must say that the acetone is making a real difference in the smoothness of the drive.
This acetone thing is so cheap 25 rs for 100 ml, works ou to 0.50 paise per litre that makes it cheaper than speed or any additive based petrol.
when i switch the Ac on there is very little power loss.

Has anyone been able to confirm a Change in FE till date?
Old 22nd May 2006, 03:09   #56
Max
BHPian

i am planning to put this magical thing in my next tank full. will let you know if i actually did this or not !

Also, can't i simply put bottle in my patrol tank ? why i need pipe to put it in ?
Old 22nd May 2006, 06:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
i am planning to put this magical thing in my next tank full. will let you know if i actually did this or not !

Also, can't i simply put bottle in my patrol tank ? why i need pipe to put it in ?
read the posts carefully....no need....its just easier to put while using bottle with pipe, baaki no difference! jaana to tank mein hi hai!
Old 22nd May 2006, 08:40   #58
ECM
BHPian

For those who still can't digest how to add it here is a quote from finetuning in his old message."Indeed its to be added directly in petrol tank....but through funnel having pipe which goes deep inside tank so that mixture mixes well while adding....prepare mixture by adding small quantity of regular petrol in small bottle then add acetone according to liters of petrol at the rate of 2.5 ml per liter....directly pour through funnel & see the difference......

Enjoy........"
Old 23rd May 2006, 05:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

yaaro, I tried it in my friends' deisel car and WOLLA! wat a solid differnence in performance.....trust me u cd feel it upfront!
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:12   #60
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm now that so many ppl have tried this i'm gonna do it today

1. Engine oil change (separate and OT)

2. Get some acetone in noida ?!?!?

3. Make da Brew

4. WRite a report for tbhp

lol

come on anyone knows where to get acetone in NOIDA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com