Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have TRIED it and have found that ...
It works wonders for my car/bike. I highly recommend it. 21 35.00%
Slight improvement, but I recommend it. 24 40.00%
No difference at all. Don't bother trying this non-sense stuff. 14 23.33%
It screwed my car!!! Stay away from acetone!!! 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 14:14   #1
BHPian

My Experience With Adding Acetone in Petrol

Dear all,
After a lot of reading & convincing myself...I started using Acetone in my car(95 Esteem)....

I purchased pure acetone 100 Ml bottle from local chemist... first requirement is that it must be 100% pure...nothing added.....then added 2.5 ml per liter.I had just refilled 10 liters of ordinary petrol.So with a funnel & pipe connecting to it......added the mixture of petrol & acetone(2.5 ml per liter...hence added 25 ml...+ 10 ml for reserve petrol..)....

Result is extremly good.
1)I found much smoother engine running immidiatly after adding acetone.

2)Idles seems to be very smooth.Can be felt at signals.

3)Good increase in power felt.Car feels very much responsive.Just add the pedal & feel the difference.

4)Exhaust seems to be very very less.Infact I bent down to check it many times but its almost nill or very very less.No exhaust smell as seen earlier.Yet to check exhuast reading.

With this response ...I started using in my scooty pep scooter.....same response...bike is now with more power ...pick up.....so much smoother with less exhaut..

In all above cases...mileage not yert checked.......

I advise members to try it.Remenber just add 2.5 ml per liter of petrol....& 1.5 ml per liter of diesel.....Use injection syringe for accurate measurement.In bike...u can add directly in tank....or mix it with petrol in a bottle then add.....dont allow it to touch painted parts.......

this are the links....to read.....

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Enjoy....
Old 28th April 2006, 14:52   #2
BHPian

From what i know (heard) , doesnt acetone screw your engine in the long run?

thats what i've ||heard||
Old 28th April 2006, 15:08   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro
From what i know (heard) , doesnt acetone screw your engine in the long run?

thats what i've ||heard||
Its to be noted that the amount of acetone is very very tiny.....its 0.25%....its added at 2.5 ml per thousand ml of liter.Such small amount has noa adverse effect....its proved by many users....kindly go through the links.....especially www.smartgas.com......which has wonderful findings.It help petrol vaporise faster & fully there by improving combustion.just try in bike first...feel the difference then try in car.

Enjoy.............
Old 28th April 2006, 15:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimish
is it avlbl off-the-shelf?? Any brand as such??
Yes....No specific brand ...just it must be pure acetone......also if its pure....there must be written on bottle...."not for medicinal use"...many information is printed on bottle like....its chemical formula...its boiling point..etc....I advise to buy it from a drug store....

Try google for more information.......

Enjoy...
Old 28th April 2006, 15:31   #5
BHPian

How much increase (%)you have found in BHP approx.
Old 28th April 2006, 16:36   #6
BHPian

wow!! this is a very good break through in the combustion chapter. I will try it out in my car and let you know.
Its 2.5 ml per litre of petrol right?
Thanks Finetuning *peace*
Old 28th April 2006, 16:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringEngine
wow!! this is a very good break through in the combustion chapter. I will try it out in my car and let you know.
Its 2.5 ml per litre of petrol right?
Thanks Finetuning *peace*
Pure acetone bottle carries words..."not for medicinal use...Reagent grade acetone....thats 100% pure.....just add only 2.5 ml per liter.Suppose u filled 10 liters & tank is having 5 liters of reserve...then for 15 liters of petrol add 15 x 2.5 = 37.5 ml accuratly.Use syringe for measurement.Use funnel with long pipe preferably one meter that can touch inside bottom of tank.......make mixture in small bottle with petrol & add through funnel......just start engine... drive for a few km....& notice smoothness of engine...increased acceleration.....& check exhaust...its much much better.

Enjoy......
Old 28th April 2006, 17:05   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercool
How much increase (%)you have found in BHP approx.
Its very difficult to assume any BHP gain precisely.....I assume its in the range of 10% to 15%....but its just a feeling ...no measurement.This also improve mileage in the range of 15 to 35%...but it will take time to come to any conclusion.

Ita a vaporizing additive which help vapourize petrol molecules there by giving total combustion & hence more mileage & power.

Enjoy............
Old 28th April 2006, 17:54   #9
DRC
BHPian

Did you notice, knocking when you demand more power. like trying to drive in higher gear at low speeds?
Old 29th April 2006, 00:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finetuning
Its to be noted that the amount of acetone is very very tiny.....its 0.25%....its added at 2.5 ml per thousand ml of liter.Such small amount has noa adverse effect....its proved by many users....kindly go through the links.....especially www.smartgas.com......which has wonderful findings.It help petrol vaporise faster & fully there by improving combustion.just try in bike first...feel the difference then try in car.

Enjoy.............
www.smartgas.com....which doesnt exist and www.smartgas.com is under construction! i think u r referring to your second link. correct me if i am wrong. Navin sir, any inputs? worth tryin' on my baby or not?

Last edited by panky12345 : 29th April 2006 at 00:13.
Old 29th April 2006, 13:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345
www.smartgas.com....which doesnt exist and www.smartgas.com is under construction! i think u r referring to your second link. correct me if i am wrong. Navin sir, any inputs? worth tryin' on my baby or not?
Sorry for unworking link....here is ther link....

http://www.lubedev.com/smartgas/additive.htm

http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

http://www.fueleconomytips.com/index...id=83&Itemid=2

Its absolutely unharmful to use acetone with tiny amount of 2.5 ml per liter of petrol & 1.5 ml per liter of diesel........increased mileage with increased performance & reduced carbon emission.....try it....

Enjoy....
Old 29th April 2006, 13:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Did you notice, knocking when you demand more power. like trying to drive in higher gear at low speeds?
Absolutely no knocking at any rpm........this just vapourises the fuel molecules...thereby burning every drop of petrol.......translating every drop of petol into heat which gives more power...remember combustion is not efficient even in most modern engine.There is scope of improvemenmt....try it & share..............

Enjoy...........
Old 29th April 2006, 17:20   #13
BHPian

hi members tried it on my old kinetic honda can feel the difference power delivery feels better
Old 29th April 2006, 18:22   #14
BHPian

hi finetuning,sure i can use in my crdi also?or is it just petrol?anyone used it in a diesel?
Old 29th April 2006, 18:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

how long have you used this on your car.....if there's more power then i'll be interested....by the way can you name a reagent which can increase the octane number of 91 octane to 95+.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks